[Review] ASUS RT-AX88U AX6000 router performance preview

ksksksks

Reaction score
Other countries like Netherlands and Germany selling already. Singapore not first anymore :s12:

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Speed about 40% faster with same wifi ac device. Device that support ax surely going to be faster

ksksksks

Reaction score
Heard power adapter not certified yet hence the delay :s12:

Maybe Asus marketing rather concentrate their bullets and release this product at Sitex in Nov?
Anyway no rush to get new products. The firmware needs many months to stabilise.

Joewyf0713

Reaction score
Speed about 40% faster with same wifi ac device. Device that support ax surely going to be faster

Hi May I ask do you mean for example if I connect to 60ghz wifi by using iphone
XS, the speed will be faster 40% than connect to the 5ghz wifi? Even though iPhone XS is not compatible to the 60ghz wifi?

dryteletubby

Reaction score
if you are able to connect to the AX protocol wifi, then yes the speed will be superb.

However, because of the radio properties of AX signal, you need line of sight and very close to the wifi router in order for it to work.

If 5Ghz is already a problem for you at certain corners of the coverage, then AX will be much much much worse...

How would 802.11ax be much worse on 5ghz?

802.11ax works on 2.4ghz and 5ghz. how would it's range be any different form the previous standards.

there isn't any 802.11ax or WiFi 6 client devices so you can't make use of the new standard

Last edited:

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
if you are able to connect to the AX protocol wifi, then yes the speed will be superb.

However, because of the radio properties of AX signal, you need line of sight and very close to the wifi router in order for it to work.

If 5Ghz is already a problem for you at certain corners of the coverage, then AX will be much much much worse...

I think you are confusing AX with AD or AY.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think you got mixed up, AX is not AD, AX probably not much diff from the AC range now or better but faster speed.

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi May I ask do you mean for example if I connect to 60ghz wifi by using iphone
XS, the speed will be faster 40% than connect to the 5ghz wifi? Even though iPhone XS is not compatible to the 60ghz wifi?

Since there’s no ax device the test was done with ac and it had a boost as compared to other routers. Even faster than a fast router like ea9500 on just ac

Last edited:

Joewyf0713

Reaction score
Since there’s no ax device the test was done with ac and it had a boost as compared to other routers. Even faster than a fast router like ea9500 on just ac

As I’m using Asus GT-AC5300 wifi router that placed in my room connected with My-Republic ONT via 30m Cat7 lan cable, I’m thinking to buy TP-Link Talon AD7200 or Asus RT-AX88U to replace the GT-AC5300. However, I’m using Iphone XS Max which only compatible with ac only, so I want to know that is my XS Max able to connect with the 60ghz channel ? Or else the replacement of the AD7200 router or AX88U would be a waste.

So far only the Asus ROG Phone are compatible with the AD channel, I would love to get that phone but I’m an Apple IOS fans, not really want to change from IOS to Android just for the AD compatibility.

Please help with my question, thank you so much

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As I’m using Asus GT-AC5300 wifi router that placed in my room connected with My-Republic ONT via 30m Cat7 lan cable, I’m thinking to buy TP-Link Talon AD7200 or Asus RT-AX88U to replace the GT-AC5300. However, I’m using Iphone XS Max which only compatible with ac only, so I want to know that is my XS Max able to connect with the 60ghz channel ? Or else the replacement of the AD7200 router or AX88U would be a waste.

So far only the Asus ROG Phone are compatible with the AD channel, I would love to get that phone but I’m an Apple IOS fans, not really want to change from IOS to Android just for the AD compatibility.

Please help with my question, thank you so much

Don’t waste time on the TP Link AD, can’t even connect on your iPhone :s22: get the AX-88U, will increase ur throughput on your current AC devices ;)

Last edited:

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

squarepipe

Reaction score
How about Razer Sila? M considering to buy that router, seems like better than gt-ac5300

Dun bother with the GT ac5300. I used 1 and it sucks when compared with a unifi HD ap.

If u want performance, an intel i3 pfsense router will blow away all dinky toy consumer routers

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.