[Review] ASUS RT-N56U Wireless-N Dual-Band Router - Bringing Sexy Back

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can use download master. Then set up media server but my lg TV can only see downloaded folders but not the files. Anyone can help. Thanks

some of your files are causing the media server to hang while scanning. try deleting some files by trial and error to eliminate the culprit.

mata_hippo

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys... i just moved to padavan from the official firmware, since mine was outdated anyway...

i tried speedtest on my main desktop but im getting this result for my upload...
5007284274.png

when i do it on my other desktop, it's 200+ for both upload and download...

both are connected by LAN and not wifi...

i didn't change any settings before using speed test... why ah? the desktop in question is my main desktop, the one which i used to upload the firmware and manage the router...

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys... i just moved to padavan from the official firmware, since mine was outdated anyway...

i tried speedtest on my main desktop but im getting this result for my upload...
5007284274.png

when i do it on my other desktop, it's 200+ for both upload and download...

both are connected by LAN and not wifi...

i didn't change any settings before using speed test... why ah? the desktop in question is my main desktop, the one which i used to upload the firmware and manage the router...

i'm not sure if the firmware for your network card on the pc is updated? just a possibility..

if not, try rebooting your router and see how it goes?

newcell

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Being using this router for sometimes, occasionally need rebooting. Only wifi signal better then sinktel set.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
What is the latest firmware for this? Mine is currently at 3.0.0.4.374_239. Where can I download it? I tried it here but am not sure if its the latest? I tried to "update" from the router itself but I cannot seem to do it. I am on Mac OS and if I choose the MAC OS, it will not have any firmware file to download.

Secondly, I have been having intermittent connection issue. I called M1 Fibre and they tested the connection and it seems fine. So what happened was my PC will showed full wifi bar and connected but it does not load any pages. I need to always restart from router to get the actual connection back. How do I know if its router issue or modem?

I am using this router for home use. If this router is no longer relevant, anyone can recommend something to me for home use? Thks.

Dew36

Reaction score
Hi guys,
What is the latest firmware for this? Mine is currently at 3.0.0.4.374_239. Where can I download it? I tried it here but am not sure if its the latest? I tried to "update" from the router itself but I cannot seem to do it. I am on Mac OS and if I choose the MAC OS, it will not have any firmware file to download.

Secondly, I have been having intermittent connection issue. I called M1 Fibre and they tested the connection and it seems fine. So what happened was my PC will showed full wifi bar and connected but it does not load any pages. I need to always restart from router to get the actual connection back. How do I know if its router issue or modem?

I am using this router for home use. If this router is no longer relevant, anyone can recommend something to me for home use? Thks.
If running a direct connection from the modem does not cause issues, you've your answer.

Sent from Samsung GT-I9500 using GAGT

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My n56u started to misbehaved liao. Intermittent wifi disconnection.I hate intermittent issues as I cannot replicate it if I am to bring it for RMA:(

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My n56u started to misbehaved liao. Intermittent wifi disconnection.I hate intermittent issues as I cannot replicate it if I am to bring it for RMA:(

when you have the wifi intermittent issues, likely it will appear in system log.

once u have that issue, save the system log into thumb drive then bring it down to service centre. at least you have a proof in the issue.

alternatively, i don't think they will be that ngeow if you don't repeatedly go exchange every few weeks.. :D

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when you have the wifi intermittent issues, likely it will appear in system log.

once u have that issue, save the system log into thumb drive then bring it down to service centre. at least you have a proof in the issue.

alternatively, i don't think they will be that ngeow if you don't repeatedly go exchange every few weeks.. :D

Thank Bro for this good tip. never thought of that, only cracking my head on how could I prove to the RMA people that I have an intermittently disconnecting wifi :)

bornwild4

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have you try to disable the "802.11ac Beamforming" ?
If not, try that first..

doran_lum

Reaction score
Hi all, I just finish moving house and just turn on my N56U router. I have switch from m1 back to Singtel and i need to make changes to the vlan.

Could anyone point me back to an old thread where there was vlan settings for our local ISP ?
I already try to search back several pages of history with "N56" search word but can't seem to find it

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I just finish moving house and just turn on my N56U router. I have switch from m1 back to Singtel and i need to make changes to the vlan.

Could anyone point me back to an old thread where there was vlan settings for our local ISP ?
I already try to search back several pages of history with "N56" search word but can't seem to find it
There's a sticky thread at the top for this:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/i...inic-4/asus-n56u-singtel-presets-3540200.html

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.