Is 500 Mbps enough to stream hd movies ?

和兴盛嚣张哥

Reaction score
Thanks.

Shoot. After waiting for 1.5 hours at the M1 shop, they tell me must activate within 1 month and promo ends tmr.

My myrepublic contract ends on 24 may so I am not eligible for the promo and need to settle for the 29/ month for 300 Mbps after the promo.

Horrors of horrors.

Sorry , can I check if 300 Mbps ok for streaming HD..just to confirm again

Lol i just recontracted today. 500mbps promo is still around.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am always on the slowest plan available in the market.

My Starhub 500 Mbps is more than enough for my family.

sgdividends

Reaction score
I am always on the slowest plan available in the market.

My Starhub 500 Mbps is more than enough for my family.

Slowest plan I think is 300MBPS.(M1 pre-promo of 500 Mbps)

Yes, M1 says last Sunday last day for 500 Mbps...hope they hold for 1 month more !!!!

Heidel

Reaction score
How u know? They said till last day of trade show leh...but still on now...hopefully last forever..save money

Just recontract my 300 Mbps to 500 Mbps during the IT show. M1 recontract letter sent to me, stated last day for M1 500 Mbps fibre home broadband is on Sunday, April 15, 2018. You might want to consider to sign up 2 day before April 15 and ask for later date activation.

sgdividends

Reaction score
Just recontract my 300 Mbps to 500 Mbps during the IT show. M1 recontract letter sent to me, stated last day for M1 500 Mbps fibre home broadband is on Sunday, April 15, 2018. You might want to consider to sign up 2 day before April 15 and ask for later date activation.

Thanks my myrepublic contract ends on 25 may. The cso says his drop down menu only allow for up to one month for date activation to input into system ....

Does it cost any money to postpone the date? Say I put on 15 may to lock it into system...then I call on 10 may to hotline and say, can u postpone to 25 may to come as I'm not available?
Need pay money?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks my myrepublic contract ends on 25 may. The cso says his drop down menu only allow for up to one month for date activation to input into system ....

Does it cost any money to postpone the date? Say I put on 15 may to lock it into system...then I call on 10 may to hotline and say, can u postpone to 25 may to come as I'm not available?
Need pay money?

If overlap by just 1 month, just do it. When you encounter delays in activation of new service, you will thank me.

Fatfool

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If overlap by just 1 month, just do it. When you encounter delays in activation of new service, you will thank me.

Just get the lowest priced plan if you are not sure.

HD video streaming worked when I had my old 60mbps Viewquest fibre plan. Heck, I didn't even notice any difference when they automatically updated it to higher transfer rates over the years.

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score
i believe 500 mbps is good enough with 4-5 bars signal with the router having some advanced features like triband and beamforming.

it is the signal strength which matters for wireless... real world wireless signal strength is usually max only 500 mbps

Unless u are using ethernet ( directly plug to router) u wont see the beenfit with the 1Gbps plan

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i believe 500 mbps is good enough with 4-5 bars signal with the router having some advanced features like triband and beamforming.

it is the signal strength which matters for wireless... real world wireless signal strength is usually max only 500 mbps

Unless u are using ethernet ( directly plug to router) u wont see the beenfit with the 1Gbps plan

Don't resurrect 2018 thread leh...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.