HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Advise needed/Any experts: Internet speed issue

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2018, 05:36 PM   #1

Advise needed/Any experts: Internet speed issue

Connection my ONT to Router to Aztech PowerPlug, showed transmit/received 800+ Mbps. But when I use SpeedTest.net, the speed shown max for download/upload only 200Mbps nia. Already uninstalled antivirus/defender & all kinds. Also follow up on internet tweak on speed for windows 10 settings. Results showed the same. Still wonder what cause the restriction max limit of 200Mbps nia? Even my iPhone using WiFi can crossed 200+ Mbps 😂
sumantochong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2018, 07:50 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

would said that u dun expect so much for powerline. as it is dependent on your powerline and even if ur powerline give such high expected speed, but in theory, actual speed is still at its max 30~40% max.
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2018, 01:59 AM   #3
Master Member

There are many things affected performance and connection speed.

Suggest reading > 6 Tips Improve Speed Powerline Network
eric3743 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2018, 07:09 AM   #4

Thanks for the tipsy guys. Going to do something about it ... 👍
sumantochong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2018, 09:48 AM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

If powerline doesn't work well for your place, you can try mesh routers instead.
xonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2018, 10:07 AM   #6
Great Supremacy Member

If powerline doesn't work well for your place, you can try mesh routers instead.
Mesh is a kind of network topology. If you only have 2 nodes it's basically functioning like a wifi repeater. We all know how bad wifi repeaters are, especially those that does Rx and Tx on the same radio.
Mach3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 07:06 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

Connection my ONT to Router to Aztech PowerPlug, showed transmit/received 800+ Mbps. But when I use SpeedTest.net, the speed shown max for download/upload only 200Mbps nia. Already uninstalled antivirus/defender & all kinds. Also follow up on internet tweak on speed for windows 10 settings. Results showed the same. Still wonder what cause the restriction max limit of 200Mbps nia? Even my iPhone using WiFi can crossed 200+ Mbps 😂
Wanted to explain something about PHY rate and actual throughput, but see your cancerous emoji I decided not to

Opinions are discussed by those who don't
wwenze is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.