小米AIoT路由器 AX3600

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought mine from Carousell @ $70 (It's a steal!)

Only can get it to work by changing region to China. It's a sick monster.

On my ASUS AC 1200G+, the speed in my room is usually ranging from 100-200mbps, and the 5G signal is very intermittent and weak. So there's only certain spots I can use. However, after trying this AX3600 - it literally penetrate walls. Now I've got no blind spots with strong 5Ghz coverage.

AX3600 at S$70, wow. Really good deal. How do you get that?

Somebody bought it for SingTel (ONT user) and then found it could not be used because no support for Vlan? :s13:

identity_1991

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
大蛇丸 Orochimaru;127726868 said:
Seeing the specs - definitely not a steal

You meant there’s better specs out there that you can get for $70?

Somebody bought it for SingTel (ONT user) and then found it could not be used because no support for Vlan? :s13:

Spot on. Haha. I was lucky.

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to check, both xiaomi and huawei router web interface for setup is in Chinese only? Can change to english ?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to check, both xiaomi and huawei router web interface for setup is in Chinese only? Can change to english ?

That is correct for the latest generation of WiFi 6 routers as they are China market only now. When the global version is out, I believe there will be English support.

On the other hand, Google Translate can be used.

StationA

Reaction score

at least for the AX1800 I have the interface is Chinese and no place to change language. but does that matter? all very basic words even if you got D in MTL should be able to read right?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
That is correct for the latest generation of WiFi 6 routers as they are China market only now. When the global version is out, I believe there will be English support.

On the other hand, Google Translate can be used.
Thanks

Don't remember xiaomi ever release any router to international market with english version. Or maybe I miss out.

Bfrost

Master Member
Reaction score

There's a MiWiFi app that is in English to setup the router but its quite buggy.

kenzi87

Reaction score
Just setup, really better than my old n56u, yea setup using mi wifi app in english

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The guy probably rich resell for fun:s22:

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
9608192625.png

Macbook 12inch 2T2R AC (867 Mbps tx rate). Directly sitting below the AX3600 which is on the top of the shelf.

iamacow

Reaction score
good that it has a separate network for smart devices. Currently I am using Asus and there are quite a number of IOT devices connected.

For this Xiaomi AX3600, do we need the specifically set-up and assign the IOT device to that network or will the router do it's job automatically?

OK it's a bit over-rated, that IOT "marketing spiel".
It's just an antenna that xiaomi IOT devices can connect without you needing to type in 2.4g network passwords.

All my 38 IOT devices are on the 2.4g. 10+ internet-accessing devices are on 5G. Haven't restarted the router since I installed it and upgrade the firmware. Very stable so far.

Anyway 1 additional good point I found out. You can easily buy a Redmi Ax5 router for $40 and create a mesh network when you put it in the area.

iamacow

Reaction score
Was thinking of getting this router. Now concerned hearing your issue.
Your ax3600 really ko cannot work? Product got warranty, have to send back to seller?

I'm running my AX3600 24/7 with about 50 devices connected at all times (38 smart devices and about 10 laptops + tablets + phones + computers + whatnots. Haven't restarted since I got it at launch, no major problems till now...

Though for a while my laptop on wifi 6 had issues reconnecting after hibernation, and I had to reboot the laptop to get wifi working again. Never figured out if it's the laptop or router issue, but that got resolved. Probably windows.

benyee90

Reaction score
It's just an antenna that xiaomi IOT devices can connect without you needing to type in 2.4g network passwords.

All my 38 IOT devices are on the 2.4g. 10+ internet-accessing devices are on 5G. Haven't restarted the router since I installed it and upgrade the firmware. Very stable so far.

Anyway 1 additional good point I found out. You can easily buy a Redmi Ax5 router for $40 and create a mesh network when you put it in the area.

So the mesh works on the ax3600 now?

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I see, thanks. Your 38 IOT devices are from Xiaomi? If the Redmi Ax5 able to act as a router & mesh behind my current Asus Ac86U?

identity_1991

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The guy probably rich resell for fun:s22:

Yes. That's why I was lucky.

Anyway, I realised my 2011 iMac sometimes cannot find the 5Ghz wifi at night or in the morning but my iPhone had no problems detecting it.

I had to go to miwifi.com to manually change the wireless channel. (You can't do that on the Mi Wifi App) By doing that, the maximum bandwidth is set to 80mhz as compared to if you have the router automatically changing the best wireless channel for you, it can go up to 160mhz.

After switching to channel 161, my iMac had no problems detecting it. I believe my area is filled with a lot of wifi devices all around me, making the ancient 2011 iMac having difficulty detecting the 5G signal.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-16-at-11-58-17-PM.png

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.