xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some useful posts:
Enable SSH and bdata edit: Post #821
Why TX power is low for Global Set with Global ROM: Post $820
Availble channel and tx power limit using country code SG: Post #822
How to change regdom and verify country code: Post #862 and #863

Anyway, just read the posts by porky_88 from Page 55 to Page 59, and gets your hand dirty with SSH, you will be fine.

But for average users, just get the China set and use it as it is, or flash the global FW to get English UI. If you happen to get the Global Set (better not to buy), flash the China FW and then the Tx power will improve.

mehmeh91

Reaction score
Any idea if the ax3600 or any xiaomi router supports singtel mio tv/ has a profile for singtel mio tv ? Normally port 4 is for tv box

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea if the ax3600 or any xiaomi router supports singtel mio tv/ has a profile for singtel mio tv ? Normally port 4 is for tv box

Xiaomi AX3600 -- buy the China set, flash the global FW and you should have access to the Singtel VLAN profile.

Or if you want to get your hands dirty, enable SSH and then do more tinkering.

mehmeh91

Reaction score
Xiaomi AX3600 -- buy the China set, flash the global FW and you should have access to the Singtel VLAN profile.

Or if you want to get your hands dirty, enable SSH and then do more tinkering.
thank u ! saw the xiaomi store at suntec city were selling at 199 . kinda interested in getting but the salesperson in the shop doesnt really know about the singtel profile thing :s22:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thank u ! saw the xiaomi store at suntec city were selling at 199 . kinda interested in getting but the salesperson in the shop doesnt really know about the singtel profile thing :s22:

Actually no point to buy at such high price for the global set.

It has lower TX power than the China set. You can flash China FW to get higher TX power but then you lose the built-in vlan settings.

So in the end, you may have to get the China set, flash the global firmware.

Or get your hands dirty and enable vlan by yourself.

Still for SingTel ONT users, it may be easier to get Asus RT-AX58U with much better out of the box firmware features.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi AX3600 Mesh in AP mode: manual configuration, video in Chinese

Set up fixed IP address within the correct subnet of the main router

Set up mesh with the mesh node (AX1800 in the video), using wireless backhaul

Disable DHCP and connect AX3600 LAN port to main router (manual AP mode)

Mesh in AP more testing to make sure it works

Change wireless backhaul to Ethernet backhaul if possible

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Read the posts by porky_88 one more time and get your hand dirty with SSH, especially his exchange with ronsky.

No matter it is China Set or Global set, based on what I read (especially post 822), the best is to edit the country code to SG and then flash the global FW (so you get English web UI), you will get the channels you want and you get Tx power complaint to IMDA regulations. 30dBm is available on CH149 to CH165.

What'll be the tx power if i keep the China fw, but modify bdata to SG?

This is a China set btw.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What'll be the tx power if i keep the China fw, but modify bdata to SG?

This is a China set btw.

You can try. Once you modify the bdata to SG, you have the option to use global FW (more frequency bands) or China FW.

Based on post #863, mostly it will not change the behavior of your China set, which means the China FW does not affect the TX power. And most likely it will have limited frequency bands.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can ax3600 support mesh in AP mode ?

Not officially. But you can try the tips a few posts above, #947.

Future FW update may have this feature. It is said new Xiaomi AX6000 already has this feature.

Last edited:

william00

Reaction score
Networking noob here

Bought Xiaomi AX3600 at $499 RMB as well ax AX1800 xiaomi Mesh router.
Upgraded to international version and managed to setup the mesh too.

Upgraded my laptop wifi card to AX210 but not getting very high speed. Anyone can advice?

I am getting DL: 412mb UP: 581mb using wifi. I am currently on m1 1gb fibre plan

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Networking noob here

Bought Xiaomi AX3600 at $499 RMB as well ax AX1800 xiaomi Mesh router.
Upgraded to international version and managed to setup the mesh too.

Upgraded my laptop wifi card to AX210 but not getting very high speed. Anyone can advice?

I am getting DL: 412mb UP: 581mb using wifi. I am currently on m1 1gb fibre plan

How do you connect AX1800 to AX3600? Using a Ethernet cable or wireless?

The speed is actually decent, especially if you use wireless backhaul where part of the bandwidth will be used for backhaul.

You can try the following and test again.
1) switch off the AX1800
2) test near your AX3600
3) test use the SpeedTest app and not browser
4) try different test server like M1 and Viewquest

enomis

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a noob question. Does turning on/off this function("Wi-Fi 5 兼容模式") for xiaomi ax3600 matter?

Would turning this on means that Device that only uses WiFi 5 will have faster speed.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a noob question. Does turning on/off this function("Wi-Fi 5 兼容模式") for xiaomi ax3600 matter?

Would turning this on means that Device that only uses WiFi 5 will have faster speed.

No. This is useful only if you have legacy Wifi 5 device which does not with Wifi 6 routers like Xiaomi AX3600. Usually you do not need to turn on this.

There are some known incompatible device like some PCs with Intel AC wifi adapters with old drivers. The solution is to upgrade the drives from Intel website. For some users with locked PC (say company laptop), then the temporary solution is to turn on this option.

enomis

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

I have another question, not sure if anyone can solve here because it's quite specific.

My xiaomi ax3600 worked perfectly for every device in my house except for this one iPhone6 which can't connect to my xiaomi. I tried restarting, resetting the network, nothing worked.

The weird thing is that my iPhone 6 can connect to my own router when I have both router up.

Just trying my luck here if anyone knows.

Help would be much appreciated! :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.