JuveZzZ

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok will take a look at it

Last edited:

lcheowl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I found that Starhub is not bad, and they charge $107 per point.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's not bad at all. Any T&Cs or it's just plain and simple $107 per port?

It is Starhub sub contractor but if there is any problem later it will be Starhub CSO to deal with only.
There was 1 case on problem and was resolved by Starhub CSO as report in their forum.

So far i do not have any problem when i used them.

Starhub charges > Data Point for Termination Point extension = $107 per data point

The charges would include ethernet cables, trunking and data points at both end, and for the distance would be standard HDB flat.

I had done this decade ago in old corridor-type 3-room HDB flat using Starhub contractor.
It run from living room windows at corridor along the wall top ceiling and bottom skirting all the way to the other corner of living room for 1 point A to B.
And from point B to C which end in my bedroom running thru the bedroom door via hole to my preferred end point.
That time the cost is $100 for 1st part while additional is $50, total $150 + gst.
Partly the $100 could be inclusive on transportation cost.

Recently request Starhub to have conversion of telephone points to data points as my BTO HDB flat come with Cat-6 telephone cabling.
The cost per conversion is $25 + gst, may include transportation cost $53.50
Suppose to do 3 conversion and was quoted price of 2 but in the end done 2 only due to some complication.
At least the contractor did unrelated work and provide free replacement for another damage data point and took >2 hours to troubleshoot without addition cost.
Damage = (2 x $25+gst) + $53.50 = $107.00

Not forgetting that i was given free conversion when i upgrade to Fibre TV in the HomeHub package.
Free conversion and free Fibre TV subscription in this current contract.. going to end by end 2018.

> Starhub Broadband Charges

slashGNR

Reaction score

Recently request Starhub to have conversion of telephone points to data points as my BTO HDB flat come with Cat-6 telephone cabling.
The cost per conversion is $25 + gst, may include transportation cost $53.50
Suppose to do 3 conversion and was quoted price of 2 but in the end done 2 only due to some complication.
At least the contractor did unrelated work and provide free replacement for another damage data point and took >2 hours to troubleshoot without addition cost.
Damage = (2 x $25+gst) + $53.50 = $107.00

Not forgetting that i was given free conversion when i upgrade to Fibre TV in the HomeHub package.
Free conversion and free Fibre TV subscription in this current contract.. going to end by end 2018.

> Starhub Broadband Charges

I'll be changing from starhub cable to fibre tv next week, did inquire about point conversion but was informed they don't do that any more.
I'll be looking to compare the price to convert 2 points from third party to getting a pci-e wifi adapter (desktop pc)...

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll be changing from starhub cable to fibre tv next week, did inquire about point conversion but was informed they don't do that any more.
I'll be looking to compare the price to convert 2 points from third party to getting a pci-e wifi adapter (desktop pc)...

Is your telephone point Cat-6 type and usually for those BTO HDB flat from mid-2013 onwards then it is possible as in my case.
If not it may not be possible as this depend on the telephone point type on the number of wires.
Although in some case may be possible but the speed will be capped below 100mbps or much less, depend.

The conversion was discussed with contractor separately and not via Starhub although related as in most likely their contractor/vendor.

Did Starhub suggested on this > Ethernet Over Coaxial for Fibre TV and/or powerline.

Well there are others as mentioned in my post #2 you can enquire.

slashGNR

Reaction score
Is your telephone point Cat-6 type and usually for those BTO HDB flat from mid-2013 onwards then it is possible as in my case.
If not it may not be possible as this depend on the telephone point type on the number of wires.
Although in some case may be possible but the speed will be capped below 100mbps or much less, depend.

The conversion was discussed with contractor separately and not via Starhub although related as in most likely their contractor/vendor.

Did Starhub suggested on this > Ethernet Over Coaxial for Fibre TV and/or powerline.

Well there are others as mentioned in my post #2 you can enquire.

My bto flat was completed in 2015 so I think conversion should not be a problem...I'll ask the installer about it when he come next week...thanks.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My bto flat was completed in 2015 so I think conversion should not be a problem...I'll ask the installer about it when he come next week...thanks.

Which installer you are referring to and is there 2 appointments by Starhub, excluding NLT.

If you request for additional work then the contractor which will come at a earlier appointment before the technician/engineer to install/activate the Fibre ONT.

When i moved in to my new flat in Jan 2017 and required additional work there were 2 appointments from Starhub.
The 1st party is the one who did all the conversion of data point and the next is the installer/technician to setup/install the Fibre ONT for both broadband & TV services.

It is this contractor who handle the conversion &or trunking works.
I still have the contractor/supervisor contact when i last did in Dec 2017.

Note that the last job i managed to have 2 data points in my bedroom by using another telephone point converted from adjoining room for both Broadband & TV on Cat-6.

Last edited:

sesame246

Reaction score
Which installer you are referring to and is there 2 appointments by Starhub, excluding NLT.

If you request for additional work then the contractor which will come at a earlier appointment before the technician/engineer to install/activate the Fibre ONT.

When i moved in to my new flat in Jan 2017 and required additional work there were 2 appointments from Starhub.
The 1st party is the one who did all the conversion of data point and the next is the installer/technician to setup/install the Fibre ONT for both broadband & TV services.

Note that the last job i managed to have 2 data points in my bedroom by using another telephone point converted from adjoining room for both Broadband & TV on Cat-6.

hihi,

can you give me the contact of the contractor? I want to convert my Tel points to data points.

thanks!

Last edited:

sevenfightclub

Reaction score

If it's not too much trouble, please send me the contact too. Thanks.

Francis85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can consider the below for private wiring/data point conversion.

CLC – Global Pte Ltd
Phone: 9655 5940 (Zhenyu), 6848 9328 (Office)
Email: enquiry@clc-global.com
Mondays to Fridays: 8.30am till 6pm
Saturdays: 8.30am till 3pm (excluding Public Holidays and Eve of Public Holidays)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.