Anybody using Singtel Mesh?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You're the first who doubted the authenticity of a featured sponsor, Singtel..

As I have mentioned before, singtel is currently not pushing out the firmware with ethernet backhaul support though new shipment is said to have loaded with this new firmware. I don't know why singtel is not including the existing customer in the update, but I see a few users here have approached singtel here for the manual firmware update. I think singtel is trying to release the new firmware on a controlled basis so as to rule out any instability issue plaguing the whole pool of customers..

Perhaps you can pm Singtel and let them send u the firmware file so that u can manually update the airties yourself?

Don't mind the 1688 support, they are just doing their own protocol as instructed, I think coming here for advice is better.. :D

My Airties (Singtel Mesh Wifi) firmware is 1.3.25.3 and there is no latest firmware when I check and this firmware does not support ethernet backhaul.

Called Singtel Support, they know nothing about Ethernet Backhaul, and asked me to call Airties in Turkey. I tell Singtel, you are bringing Airties 4920 to Singapore with your own customized firmware, now you asked me to call Airties in Turkey directly.

Singtel support claimed that ethernet backhaul is not supported. Only wireless backhaul is supported. :(

Can I confirm ethernet backhaul, means, both 2 Airties, so long as they are connected by wired, and back to AC1900 router, it should work? or ethernet backhaul mean, two airties to be connected directly to each other via UTP cable?

Can someone confirm? also the one who mentioned airties support ethernet backhaul with Singtel logo, is he/she really from Singtel Support? As Singtel Support (1688) has no clue of this setup (or they are ignorant).

Thank you.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
My Airties (Singtel Mesh Wifi) firmware is 1.3.25.3 and there is no latest firmware when I check and this firmware does not support ethernet backhaul.

Called Singtel Support, they know nothing about Ethernet Backhaul, and asked me to call Airties in Turkey. I tell Singtel, you are bringing Airties 4920 to Singapore with your own customized firmware, now you asked me to call Airties in Turkey directly.

Singtel support claimed that ethernet backhaul is not supported. Only wireless backhaul is supported. :(

Can I confirm ethernet backhaul, means, both 2 Airties, so long as they are connected by wired, and back to AC1900 router, it should work? or ethernet backhaul mean, two airties to be connected directly to each other via UTP cable?

Can someone confirm? also the one who mentioned airties support ethernet backhaul with Singtel logo, is he/she really from Singtel Support? As Singtel Support (1688) has no clue of this setup (or they are ignorant).

Thank you.
Hi johnnytanhardwarezone,

The latest firmware version for the Airties WiFi Mesh is 1.21.10.2.1665.

Ethernet backhaul will work when both Airties are connected by wired and back to AC1900 router. This feature is supported in the latest firmware version.

This Singtel account in HWZ is geniune, as the HWZ editor has assured forum members in this post.

Do let us know the most convenient way to update your WiFi Mesh unit. You can choose either of the options:

(a) remote update on our end (you must be using the AC1900 router for this to work)
(b) sending you a download link to manually update

If you choose option (a), kindly drop us a private message with your Singnet ID so that we can push the firmware remotely.

Thanks.

watertank

Reaction score
Hi Singtel,

Pls send me the link to download the latest AirTies firmware with ethernet backhaul.

Thanks.

watertank

Reaction score
There's the option B which Singtel mentioned. I am still not able to send private messages. Still noob here.

I don't think there's a link. You might wanna send singtel your username so that they can push the firmware to you remotely..

jiawoei

Reaction score
Thanks Singtel. I have installed the firmware and the wired Ethernet connectivity works nicely.

In any case, anyone wish to buy Singtel Mesh. You can pm me as my wife prefers not to have many wifi devices in the bedrooms and I will be back using a single more powerful router

Last edited:

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi watertank,

We've sent you a private message with the download link. Kindly check your inbox.

There's the option B which Singtel mentioned. I am still not able to send private messages. Still noob here.

Hi jiawoei,

No problem. :)

Thanks Singtel. I have installed the firmware and the wired Ethernet connectivity works nicely.

In any case, anyone wish to buy Singtel Mesh. You can pm me as my wife prefers not to have many wifi devices in the bedrooms and I will be back using a single more powerful router

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Oh wells, i missed that part.

anyway, lets keep our fingers crossed for today, hopefully the kind soul from singtel will come and post u the link.. :D

dennyk

Reaction score
Hi SingTel ,

I am a user of Airties 4920 .
Can you kindly send me the link / URL to download the latest firmware.
I am currently on firmware 1.3.25.3

Thank you .

Regards,
Denny

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi SingTel ,

I am a user of Airties 4920 .
Can you kindly send me the link / URL to download the latest firmware.
I am currently on firmware 1.3.25.3

Thank you .

Regards,
Denny
Hi dennyk,

Thank you for reaching out to us here.

We just sent you a private message with the download link.

Do let us know if you need further assistance. :)

dennyk

Reaction score
Hi dennyk,

Thank you for reaching out to us here.

We just sent you a private message with the download link.

Do let us know if you need further assistance. :)
Thank you for the firmware.

Been looking forward to this feature.

Cheers!

watertank

Reaction score
Got the firmware and the operation mode is now Dual Network instead of Single Network. is this expected? I noticed that browser connection times out if both units are connected with ethernet cables.

Oh wells, i missed that part.

anyway, lets keep our fingers crossed for today, hopefully the kind soul from singtel will come and post u the link.. :D

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi watertank,

It should be only single network.

Can you share the setup of your router, WiFi Mesh or any screenshots so that we can investigate?

Got the firmware and the operation mode is now Dual Network instead of Single Network. is this expected? I noticed that browser connection times out if both units are connected with ethernet cables.

watertank

Reaction score
I am not able to attach images due to low post count. Cant send you PM either.

The wifi mesh are connected to switches which in turn connect to router. Its a simple setup.

Hi watertank,

Can you share the setup of your router, WiFi Mesh or any screenshots so that we can investigate?

Maxuro

Reaction score
Network setup with Mesh into 3rd party router set as access point

Network setup with Mesh into 3rd party router set as access point.

I just signed up Singtel Fibre and will discontinue with Starhub as soon as my network is up working well.

I intend to connect the Singtel provided router (AC1900) to the ONT in my living room. Also connected to the AC 1900 will be my Singtel Mio TV box that sits beside this router through LAN cable

I intend to connect another LAN cable to another 2nd router (most likely ASUS RT88U) about 10-15m away in my study room. This router will be set as access point. On this router, I intend to connect through LAN cable 2 units PC in my study room. This router will provide also provide wifi coverage to my 3 bedrooms that is surrounding the study room (i.e. study room is right in the centre of the 3 bedrooms)

I also intend to to connect Mesh to the ASUS router in the study room and a corresponding mesh unit to a 2nd Singtel mio tv box in my bedroom nearby.

Can this work? Will mesh be able to plug into the LAN port of the ASUS router configured as AP?

kikhoon

Reaction score
Hi watertank,

Hi SingTel ,
May I also have the link to the latest firmware for the Airties 4920 pls?

Like some users here, my posting count is not enough for me to PM you directly, hence this post.

Thank you!

kgfamm

Reaction score
Different FW on Airties Mesh Nodes

Dear SingTel,

I had four Airties nodes installed by Tech over the weekend - connected directly to ONR and was told that the latest firmware (FW) has been installed (on site). Wireless connection is pretty stable now.

Had accessed the Airtie Mesh User Interface (i.e. Setup Assistant at ez/airtiesmesh/com) earlier and found difficulties discovering/accessing the 2nd node. Only managed to access it (via the UI) after multiple attempts.

Discovered that the 2nd node is on FW 1.3.25.3 while the other three nodes (i.e. 1st, 3rd and 4th) are on FW1.21.10.2.1665.

When I accessed the FIRST node and set a password for the UI, it applied to all three nodes except the 2nd one (on FW 1.3.25.3) and it had to be done separately and individually.

I would appreciate your advice if the inconsistent FW among the nodes is normal. If otherwise, should I manually update FW for the 2nd node? (would need the link then, please).

Had contacted 1688 and was advised to leave as it is because there was no prompt to update FW in the system. Have highlighted that Airties are connected directly to ONR but again advised that FW is auto updated from SingTel backend hence it is needless for me to do anything.

Thank you. Appreciate if you would advise please.

johnnytanhardwarezone

Reaction score
Airties Ethernet Backhaul - update

Hi johnnytanhardwarezone,

The latest firmware version for the Airties WiFi Mesh is 1.21.10.2.1665.

Ethernet backhaul will work when both Airties are connected by wired and back to AC1900 router. This feature is supported in the latest firmware version.

Do let us know the most convenient way to update your WiFi Mesh unit. You can choose either of the options:

(a) remote update on our end (you must be using the AC1900 router for this to work)
(b) sending you a download link to manually update

If you choose option (a), kindly drop us a private message with your Singnet ID so that we can push the firmware remotely.

Thanks.

Hi Singtel,

Finally, Singtel support understands what is Ethernet Backhaul and push the latest firmware to me (1.21.10.2.1665).

This is my observation:
1. Wireless Backhaul
Since only first WIFI MESH is connected to AC1900 router (i connected to port 3), hence, both first and second WIFI MESH (Airties), are seen connected to port 3. 2nd WIFI MESH should be wirelessly connected to 1st WIFI MESH. Hence, we only see the same port (port 3), for all the devices connected to WIFI MESH.

Note: I disabled AC1900 wireless as suggested.

2. Ethernet Backhaul
1st WIFI MESH (Airties) connected to port 3 of AC1900.
2nd WIFI MESH (Airties) connected to port 1 of AC1900.
I can see individual of Airties, are getting its on IP address and from respective ports.

However, all devices connect to both AIRTIES, shows that they are connected to Port 1. (I have checked and verified from individual AIRTIES admin page, that the devices are distributed to each AIRTIES based on the nearest AIRTIES - which is good).

However, I would have expect, devices connected to 1st WIFI MESH, will show connected to port 3 instead of port 1. And devices connected to 2nd WIFI MESH are connected to port 1.

I see connected devices from AC1900. So my question is why devices connected to 1st WIFI MESH (port 3), are not seen connected to AC1900 as from port 3, but showing from port 1 which is 2nd WIFI MESH (port 1)?

Can Singtel advise if this is expected?

If all goes thru port 1, does it mean that between 1st and 2nd WIFI MESH, are indeed connected by wired (ethernet backhaul), but everything will go thru one of the WIFI MESH as they are single network? Not as what I have expected?

In addition, I have experience my laptop frequent disconnect from WIRELESS by AIRTIES WIFI MESH which is unusual after upgrade of firmware (1.21.10.2.1665)? Are there known bugs?

While on ethernet backhaul, I notice, pinging to both WIFI MESH (Airties), will have request time out, as compared to wireless backhaul, the ping is consistent without request time out.

Does Ethernet Backhaul have issue which is why not propagate to all AIRTIES users?

And when can we use the AIRTIES app on IOS to manage the AIRTIES?

Thank you.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Singtel,

Finally, Singtel support understands what is Ethernet Backhaul and push the latest firmware to me (1.21.10.2.1665).

This is my observation:
1. Wireless Backhaul
Since only first WIFI MESH is connected to AC1900 router (i connected to port 3), hence, both first and second WIFI MESH (Airties), are seen connected to port 3. 2nd WIFI MESH should be wirelessly connected to 1st WIFI MESH. Hence, we only see the same port (port 3), for all the devices connected to WIFI MESH.

Note: I disabled AC1900 wireless as suggested.

2. Ethernet Backhaul
1st WIFI MESH (Airties) connected to port 3 of AC1900.
2nd WIFI MESH (Airties) connected to port 1 of AC1900.
I can see individual of Airties, are getting its on IP address and from respective ports.

However, all devices connect to both AIRTIES, shows that they are connected to Port 1. (I have checked and verified from individual AIRTIES admin page, that the devices are distributed to each AIRTIES based on the nearest AIRTIES - which is good).

However, I would have expect, devices connected to 1st WIFI MESH, will show connected to port 3 instead of port 1. And devices connected to 2nd WIFI MESH are connected to port 1.

I see connected devices from AC1900. So my question is why devices connected to 1st WIFI MESH (port 3), are not seen connected to AC1900 as from port 3, but showing from port 1 which is 2nd WIFI MESH (port 1)?

Can Singtel advise if this is expected?

If all goes thru port 1, does it mean that between 1st and 2nd WIFI MESH, are indeed connected by wired (ethernet backhaul), but everything will go thru one of the WIFI MESH as they are single network? Not as what I have expected?

In addition, I have experience my laptop frequent disconnect from WIRELESS by AIRTIES WIFI MESH which is unusual after upgrade of firmware (1.21.10.2.1665)? Are there known bugs?

While on ethernet backhaul, I notice, pinging to both WIFI MESH (Airties), will have request time out, as compared to wireless backhaul, the ping is consistent without request time out.

Does Ethernet Backhaul have issue which is why not propagate to all AIRTIES users?

And when can we use the AIRTIES app on IOS to manage the AIRTIES?

Thank you.

i don't think it matters if your devices show up on port 1 or port 3, singtel wifi mesh itself is one whole system and is transparent to the router. anything connected to wifi mesh will be seen by devices connected via lan to the router, and vice versa.

As far as I know, singtel wifi mesh does not do double NAT. Even if all nodes are connected via cable, these nodes are supposed to be connected directly to the router. That being said, individual nodes will communicate to the router directly while devices connected to wifi mesh are being handed and taken over from a node to another.

johnnytanhardwarezone

Reaction score
i don't think it matters if your devices show up on port 1 or port 3, singtel wifi mesh itself is one whole system and is transparent to the router. anything connected to wifi mesh will be seen by devices connected via lan to the router, and vice versa.

As far as I know, singtel wifi mesh does not do double NAT. Even if all nodes are connected via cable, these nodes are supposed to be connected directly to the router. That being said, individual nodes will communicate to the router directly while devices connected to wifi mesh are being handed and taken over from a node to another.

Hi Renfred89

I am asking for my understanding. Mesh wifi does not issue IP addresses, instead, IP addesses assignment is still by the AC1900 (for my case). Hence, it does matter, if I am connected to 1st WIFI MESH (port 3), but in the router (AC1900), it shows that i am connected to router via port 1 (which is 2nd WIFI MESH).

If it is wireless backhaul, it is understandable, that it will via the WIFI MESH (Airties) that connected to the AC1900 hence port 3 in my case.

So for ethernet backhaul, I would expect devices connected to 1st WIFI MESH, should show up in AC1900 connected devices via port 3, instead of port 1(2nd WIFI MESH).

Why it matters to me, because, all AIRTIES notes with ethernet backhaul, should direct the bandwidth from the AC1900 instead going through another node, (in my case port 1 for 2nd AIRTIES).

When I bring down 2nd AIRTIES, all devices connected to 1st Airties, will be shown in AC1900 they are indeed connected to port 3. However, when 2nd AIRTIES are back online, all device connected (be it from 1st or 2nd AIRTIES) are seen as from port 1 only.

Thank you.

Hope Singtel can explain.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.