HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anybody using Singtel Mesh?

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2020, 07:12 PM   #961

temporarily disable 5Ghz on Askey mesh

Hi

I need to connect an IoT device (an RM pro) to my new Askey wireless mesh. Currently, my mesh network is working fine and set up without any changes to the default configuration.

However, my IoT device cannot log onto the mesh network.

My IoT device manual explains that if my router offers both 5GHz and 2.4Ghz (and the user can't log in) I should temporarily switch off the 5GHz network, connect the IoT to the 2.4 GHz network, then resume using the 5Ghz network. The rationale is the issue may be caused by a compatibility issue with wifi modes if SmartConfig is used.

Please advise how to perform this procedure using Askey mesh. I have logged into the askey via the web browser interface but I cannot locate how to temporarily switch off 5GHz.
Any other ideas on how to connect a 2.4 GHz IoT device to the mesh would be appreciated too!
deelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 11:02 PM   #962
Master Member

Hi

I need to connect an IoT device (an RM pro) to my new Askey wireless mesh. Currently, my mesh network is working fine and set up without any changes to the default configuration.

However, my IoT device cannot log onto the mesh network.

My IoT device manual explains that if my router offers both 5GHz and 2.4Ghz (and the user can't log in) I should temporarily switch off the 5GHz network, connect the IoT to the 2.4 GHz network, then resume using the 5Ghz network. The rationale is the issue may be caused by a compatibility issue with wifi modes if SmartConfig is used.

Please advise how to perform this procedure using Askey mesh. I have logged into the askey via the web browser interface but I cannot locate how to temporarily switch off 5GHz.
Any other ideas on how to connect a 2.4 GHz IoT device to the mesh would be appreciated too!
Hopefully they also give you the free AC Plus wireless router. Use that with your IOT devices.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 10:01 PM   #963
Arch-Supremacy Member

4930 doesn’t work with 4920??? To form mesh?
ralliart_ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 09:20 PM   #964

seems like the offical singtel support has gone MIA.

Does anyone has the latest firmware for 4930? Pls PM me.
simic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 10:01 PM   #965

Hopefully they also give you the free AC Plus wireless router. Use that with your IOT devices.
I figured out how to connect it up to my mesh network; the issue was with authentication.

To make it work, I needed to set up a standard WiFi router on the 2.4 GHz channel using the same SSID and password as my mesh. Once it had Authenticated and connected to that WiFi, I was in able to connect to my mesh.
deelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 10:11 PM   #966
Master Member

I figured out how to connect it up to my mesh network; the issue was with authentication.

To make it work, I needed to set up a standard WiFi router on the 2.4 GHz channel using the same SSID and password as my mesh. Once it had Authenticated and connected to that WiFi, I was in able to connect to my mesh.
Nice workaround.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:41 PM   #967

Good to know! WiFi extenders do require more upfront time to configure and setup, but aren't replacing your existing network so you can keep your existing router.
charlesdygreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:41 PM   #968

Nice workaround.
On average, mesh networks can cost as much as $300, whereas a good WiFi extender can cost as little as $50.Right?
charlesdygreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.