BAD service Starhub

melisa8

Reaction score
I signed up Maxinfinity plan on 7 june during the PC show. They told me that the installation will be on 25 June. Nobody came on that day and nobody informed me a new date. I called starhub the next day and they told me the system show that the installation date is 1 Dec!!! I was told the usual that they couldn't contact the sales department but will get back to me. After yet another day I called starhub sales hotline, but the person who picked up the call said he is from the technical department. He transferred me to the sales department. The next person picked up the call and listened to my story and told me I need to talk to the roadshow sales department, and they will get back to me...Then someone called and informed me that the issue is with Opennet.. They called it site issue and needed approval from Opennet before they can proceed. I called Opennet and they told me there is no issue with the installation for my unit. I called starhub again, listened to the ever familiar music for 15 mins, and yes the sales department told me I need to contact the roadshow sales department.....

prostcode

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Poor Melisa. Hold on tight ya. Bad customer service is everywhere nowadays.

Michelleang

Reaction score
That is way overboard. Can u ask if they can reschedule it to a nearer date?

Do not think it is possible.

For my case, I waited for about a month before Starhub came to install the firbernet (Note: I did not sign up at any IT show)

Got my first appointment (2 weeks after I signed up with Starhub) cancelled due to Opennet not able to activate the point.:(

ruixiang92

Reaction score

For my case, I waited for about a month before Starhub came to install the firbernet (Note: I did not sign up at any IT show)

Got my first appointment (2 weeks after I signed up with Starhub) cancelled due to Opennet not able to activate the point.:(

but december 1 is way too ridiculous of a date. 2-3 months might still be tolerable but 5-6 months is way too long.

code4tamy

Banned
Reaction score
I signed up Maxinfinity plan on 7 june during the PC show. They told me that the installation will be on 25 June. Nobody came on that day and nobody informed me a new date. I called starhub the next day and they told me the system show that the installation date is 1 Dec!!! I was told the usual that they couldn't contact the sales department but will get back to me. After yet another day I called starhub sales hotline, but the person who picked up the call said he is from the technical department. He transferred me to the sales department. The next person picked up the call and listened to my story and told me I need to talk to the roadshow sales department, and they will get back to me...Then someone called and informed me that the issue is with Opennet.. They called it site issue and needed approval from Opennet before they can proceed. I called Opennet and they told me there is no issue with the installation for my unit. I called starhub again, listened to the ever familiar music for 15 mins, and yes the sales department told me I need to contact the roadshow sales department.....
If your flat is already fibre ready, Complain about the delayed installation and ditch the green clan then join the purple clan :D

woohoo! my installation is est 2wks later.. long wait since PC show but well.. still can tolerate la ~

whaleshark87

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I feel that ts still do not the tp installed yet. impossible service installation will be like 5 months later. If really is, please complain to ida.

Michelleang

Reaction score
but december 1 is way too ridiculous of a date. 2-3 months might still be tolerable but 5-6 months is way too long.

This is because there are too many fiber signup especially in IT show.

Not only Starhub subscribers, have to account for Singtel, M1, VQ, MR and SI subscribers too.

ruixiang92

Reaction score
But from what i hear from starhub, singtel and m1 shops they say 2-4 weeks for opennet tp installation(if missed) and additional 4-6 weeks after tp installation for the isp. Cfmed by all 3 at bugis. M1 even gave me an earliest schedule date if i sign on spot. 4 weeks++.

Last edited:

echelon8

Reaction score
01Dec is ridiculous, someone have to answer.

As others mentioned, 4-6 weeks might be OK, though still too long (so long as your unit is fiber ready). If they cannot cope with the demand, then they should not accept more.

shawn_sboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do complain to IDA regarding this issue.

Previously my blk at my area was delayed about 2month-3months for the fiber installation. All blk opposite me and around me have installed.

Called IDA and solved.

frankloh

Reaction score
Me same problem too! suppose to install on 29 June but nobody turnup nor call me back. Call the service centre explain my situation also nobody call me back to reschedule another install date.

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

How about switch to Fiber Broadband? Currently MyRepublic got special offer for Fiber Broadband. Please contact me if you are interested @90184412 - Haryanto - Partner of MyRepublic.

3 reason u will love us:
1) uninterrupted Video Streaming even in peak hour.
2) no international cap = Maximum international bandwidth
3) No hard cap / throttling for file sharing services

- 100mbps download and 50Mbps upload.
Current Promotion:
- $128 installation fee waiver for Optical Network Terminal.
- Free Engenius wireless router.
- 4 months at only $8 (first 2 months each year) there rest is $59/month.

The bad thing about network marketing is sometimes not the product, but how it is being marketed by those down the line. :s8:

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go gather your troops from the starhub forums directly.

While I do not support starhub due to various known reasons your posts seems a little inappropriately portrayed here.

whaleshark87

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
[SIZE=""]Starhub is cheating the customer!
They are Not professional, irresponsible and don't keep their promise.

I'm looking for all customer had been cheated by starhub on the 2013 December road show promotion.
Please contact me A.S.A.P. or you can help to spread the word.

ziiron@yahoo.com

Thanks![/SIZE]
No head no tail.

ziiron

Reaction score
Sorry for been "No head no tail"

The case had solved

At first the lady staff from starhub name Nuraxx did not handler the case professionally, and I feel that I was cheated.

Then I feed back in starthub facebook, another manager call me. He ask and understand the whole situation, and he sincerely apologise and solved the case.

case close.

huffie

Reaction score
Sorry for been "No head no tail"

The case had solved

At first the lady staff from starhub name Nuraxx did not handler the case professionally, and I feel that I was cheated.

Then I feed back in starthub facebook, another manager call me. He ask and understand the whole situation, and he sincerely apologise and solved the case.

case close.

Then you should handle your experience in a mature way as you expect others to handle your case professionally. Explore other options (like what you did by contacting higher management) rather than juz jump in and start calling other names like cheater and have everyone to go spreading around...seriously, need to go to such extent?
No, I'm not affiliated with SH in anyways. Peace out!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.