HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)?

Like Tree556Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2016, 05:01 PM   #1591

Just a quick question on getflix

just to check which file to use for asus rt68u?

there are TCP53, 80, 443 & 1194 & UDP53, 80, 443 &1194?

many thks
UDP is faster. Try 443.
stiwipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 08:18 PM   #1592

UDP is faster. Try 443.
tks for your reply.
which server has the best speed?
i check some, speed very slow
lowjonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 03:09 AM   #1593

tks for your reply.
which server has the best speed?
i check some, speed very slow
Check UK Hull & Netherlands Smart servers. Frankly speaking I am using their DNS only.
Old 22-08-2016, 06:51 AM   #1594

Check UK Hull & Netherlands Smart servers. Frankly speaking I am using their DNS only.
ok thanks

i will try that out
lowjonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 07:52 PM   #1595

Anyone using express vpn? How are the reviews like in sg? Saw on some recommendations that it's the most stable vpn, would not mind the high pricing
MuggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 09:56 AM   #1596

Govt wants feedback on VPN access

The legality of virtual private network (VPN) technology, which allows unauthorised content from overseas to be accessed, is being reviewed.

The review is part of more than a dozen wide-ranging revisions the Ministry of Law (MinLaw) is suggesting to be made to the Copyright Act, which was last majorly updated in 2004.

MinLaw did not recommend an outcome on the use of VPN in the consultation papers released yesterday.

But it called for public feedback on whether current rules governing the circumvention of digital locks on copyrighted work needs to be updated. These locks restrict access to or use of the content.

The Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (Ipos), which had a part in putting together the consultation paper, recognises that there are "some complications" surrounding the use of VPN.

"There are some concerns that bypassing geographical blocks could infringe copyright," said Daren Tang, chief executive of Ipos.

Nevertheless, Singapore remains a strong supporter of parallel import, which is essentially what VPN allows in the digital world, he added.

The law generally does not allow digital locks on copyrighted works to be circumvented.

But there are a few exceptions.

For instance, tertiary educational institutions can unlock short clips of films to critique them, and libraries are allowed to unlock old software to preserve it in an operational state.

The law is silent on the use of VPN technology for accessing blocked content.

Consumers in Singapore have been using it to stream content meant for other markets from legitimate video-streaming sites. But there is pressure from content publishers to change that.

The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry, which represents more than 1,000 producers and distributors of sound recordings, believes VPN users should not be allowed to circumvent geographical blocks.

"This idea of parallel import is based on pricing alone," said Ang Kwee Tiang, its regional director for Asia.

"It is effectively a race to the bottom, forcing Singapore to become an importer of content instead of a producer or distributor of content domestically."

Experts say it is impossible to outlaw VPN, which also has legitimate uses - for instance, securing corporate access to information over the Web.

"But the law can clarify that VPNs cannot be used to access certain types of restricted content," said Jonathan Kok, intellectual property (IP) and technology lawyer at RHTLaw Taylor Wessing.

IP lawyer Cyril Chua of Robinson LLC said if the law was to be amended to regulate the source of content, shops selling Android media boxes preloaded with apps for movie streaming could be hit.

Other revisions proposed include legalising data collation for data mining even as analytics becomes increasingly important to economic growth, and allowing public schools to reproduce and share content on websites for teaching purposes.

The consultation will end on Oct 24.

"These reviews will further strengthen our regime and allow it to keep current with technological advances, business needs and societal developments," said Senior Minister of State for Law and Finance Indranee Rajah, speaking at the opening of the 5th annual IP Week@SG 2016 event at Marina Bay Sands yesterday.

"IP is not just about law.

"IP is also about business and innovation."

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapo...ack-vpn-access
steven168z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 10:46 AM   #1597
Supremacy Member

Govt wants feedback on VPN access

The legality of virtual private network (VPN) technology, which allows unauthorised content from overseas to be accessed, is being reviewed.

The review is part of more than a dozen wide-ranging revisions the Ministry of Law (MinLaw) is suggesting to be made to the Copyright Act, which was last majorly updated in 2004.

MinLaw did not recommend an outcome on the use of VPN in the consultation papers released yesterday.

But it called for public feedback on whether current rules governing the circumvention of digital locks on copyrighted work needs to be updated. These locks restrict access to or use of the content.

The Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (Ipos), which had a part in putting together the consultation paper, recognises that there are "some complications" surrounding the use of VPN.

"There are some concerns that bypassing geographical blocks could infringe copyright," said Daren Tang, chief executive of Ipos.

Nevertheless, Singapore remains a strong supporter of parallel import, which is essentially what VPN allows in the digital world, he added.

The law generally does not allow digital locks on copyrighted works to be circumvented.

But there are a few exceptions.

For instance, tertiary educational institutions can unlock short clips of films to critique them, and libraries are allowed to unlock old software to preserve it in an operational state.

The law is silent on the use of VPN technology for accessing blocked content.

Consumers in Singapore have been using it to stream content meant for other markets from legitimate video-streaming sites. But there is pressure from content publishers to change that.

The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry, which represents more than 1,000 producers and distributors of sound recordings, believes VPN users should not be allowed to circumvent geographical blocks.

"This idea of parallel import is based on pricing alone," said Ang Kwee Tiang, its regional director for Asia.

"It is effectively a race to the bottom, forcing Singapore to become an importer of content instead of a producer or distributor of content domestically."

Experts say it is impossible to outlaw VPN, which also has legitimate uses - for instance, securing corporate access to information over the Web.

"But the law can clarify that VPNs cannot be used to access certain types of restricted content," said Jonathan Kok, intellectual property (IP) and technology lawyer at RHTLaw Taylor Wessing.

IP lawyer Cyril Chua of Robinson LLC said if the law was to be amended to regulate the source of content, shops selling Android media boxes preloaded with apps for movie streaming could be hit.

Other revisions proposed include legalising data collation for data mining even as analytics becomes increasingly important to economic growth, and allowing public schools to reproduce and share content on websites for teaching purposes.

The consultation will end on Oct 24.

"These reviews will further strengthen our regime and allow it to keep current with technological advances, business needs and societal developments," said Senior Minister of State for Law and Finance Indranee Rajah, speaking at the opening of the 5th annual IP Week@SG 2016 event at Marina Bay Sands yesterday.

"IP is not just about law.

"IP is also about business and innovation."

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapo...ack-vpn-access
Anything to do with tpp?
hnzfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 08:41 PM   #1598

Anyone using express vpn? How are the reviews like in sg? Saw on some recommendations that it's the most stable vpn, would not mind the high pricing
i just subscribed yesterday and it's working. no buffering issues so far. netflix videos loads almost instantly. using apple tv 3
ridney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 06:30 PM   #1599

To be very honest, it is very hard to discriminate between some of the Top VPN service providers as most of them offering similar kind of services, speed, encryption etc. You will hear all those marketing gimmicks, similar sort of features with catchy names. So my recommendation would be a VPN having servers in 100+ countries with 400+ servers, No Log Policy, multiple protocols, 5 multiple logins and most importantly price as you want a great value for your money.

I am not representing any of the VPN service provider so won't share the link: I would appreciate if you figure them out by yourself but for your assistance, just look for Purevpn, Express and Vypr. Whichever suits your budget and need, go for it. Cheers
esfar.gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 09:00 PM   #1600

To be very honest, it is very hard to discriminate between some of the Top VPN service providers as most of them offering similar kind of services, speed, encryption etc. You will hear all those marketing gimmicks, similar sort of features with catchy names. So my recommendation would be a VPN having servers in 100+ countries with 400+ servers, No Log Policy, multiple protocols, 5 multiple logins and most importantly price as you want a great value for your money.

I am not representing any of the VPN service provider so won't share the link: I would appreciate if you figure them out by yourself but for your assistance, just look for Purevpn, Express and Vypr. Whichever suits your budget and need, go for it. Cheers
hmm....

esfar.gt
steven168z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 06:12 PM   #1601

Anyone using Strong VPN can give some feedback? Is it reliable for watching US Netflix and other channels?

I read that using dedicated IP from a VPN provider will not get blocked by services like Netflix because only 1 person using. Can anyone confirm if that is true?
cowoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 11:53 AM   #1602
Master Member

The latest opera browser has a built in free VPN. Any users on it, feedbacks?
dreamer_toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #1603
Arch-Supremacy Member

The latest opera browser has a built in free VPN. Any users on it, feedbacks?
quite limited on the countries selection, network speed does decrease some how, have yet tried on other web as I have not much time to test it fully.

maybe u can download and go to those website that required vpn to test it. as I only test it like Google and Facebook and those local web I go only.

Last edited by ZrE0_Cha0s; 25-09-2016 at 12:27 PM..
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 06:18 AM   #1604

Anyone using Strong VPN can give some feedback? Is it reliable for watching US Netflix and other channels?

I read that using dedicated IP from a VPN provider will not get blocked by services like Netflix because only 1 person using. Can anyone confirm if that is true?
They had or maybe still have a very good promo, so I signed up for trial account. What a mistake. I thought they have learned something through all this years. Their Mac app was unstable. Speeds were horrible. Netflix showed proxy error (but it was supposed to be working).
cowoth likes this.
Old 27-09-2016, 06:18 PM   #1605

They had or maybe still have a very good promo, so I signed up for trial account. What a mistake. I thought they have learned something through all this years. Their Mac app was unstable. Speeds were horrible. Netflix showed proxy error (but it was supposed to be working).
Piangz tks for feedback...I thought Strong was one of the better ones since they in business so long but I guess not...
cowoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.