HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)?

Like Tree569Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2017, 02:19 AM   #1816

Hi, suntanoi1983,

Like to hear your review on Nordvpn which seems very reasonably priced as compared to flyvpn. My main purpose is to access utube when in China, able to access Indonesia geolocked site as well as occasional access to HK tvb content....

Like to hear your thoughts, thanks in advance...
Nord vs Fly is not an apple to apple comparison.

unless u use the deep web often, I have never once recommended nordvpn to anyone. its only pro I could think of is the Tor over VPN & VPN over Tor tunneling strategy. cons? slow as hell, all other factors are not necessary to evaluate further.

fly is targeting more on outside-to-china, but not vice-versa.

from what i understand, u dont need a 2 years subscription. basically just buy 1 month or extend monthly when staying to work in China. ur connection will be the fastest with the least disturbance when u connect to the HK server from ExpressVPN, its 200 mbps plus capability is gonna max out your 100 mbps line at the mainland.
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by suntanoi1983; 07-06-2017 at 02:31 AM..
suntanoi1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:46 AM   #1817

Nord vs Fly is not an apple to apple comparison.

unless u use the deep web often, I have never once recommended nordvpn to anyone. its only pro I could think of is the Tor over VPN & VPN over Tor tunneling strategy. cons? slow as hell, all other factors are not necessary to evaluate further.

fly is targeting more on outside-to-china, but not vice-versa.

from what i understand, u dont need a 2 years subscription. basically just buy 1 month or extend monthly when staying to work in China. ur connection will be the fastest with the least disturbance when u connect to the HK server from ExpressVPN, its 200 mbps plus capability is gonna max out your 100 mbps line at the mainland.
Thanks for the response and explanation! it will be better if i list down my priorities in order to determine which type of VPN is suited for me...

1) Access geo-blocked Indonesia website and Apps (football reason)
2) Price
3) Able to access geo-blocked web/apps in overseas such as Starhub GO/ mytvb.com or any other China based APKs.
4) Ease of setup/UI experience etc esp regards to router config.
5) Lastly better still in China able to blocked content which you have explained above, but my travel there is infrequent. 2/3 times a year.

Sorry as i am not an expert in this area and much advise or coaching is needed.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
ckjoe03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:31 AM   #1818

Thanks for the response and explanation! it will be better if i list down my priorities in order to determine which type of VPN is suited for me...

1) Access geo-blocked Indonesia website and Apps (football reason)
2) Price
3) Able to access geo-blocked web/apps in overseas such as Starhub GO/ mytvb.com or any other China based APKs.
4) Ease of setup/UI experience etc esp regards to router config.
5) Lastly better still in China able to blocked content which you have explained above, but my travel there is infrequent. 2/3 times a year.

Sorry as i am not an expert in this area and much advise or coaching is needed.

1) Define your "geo-blocked". Only Indonesian can watch or Singapore cannot watch or which country is able to watch?
2) My philosophy is the higher the price, the better my service, and I've never trusted discounted stuffs in the current era, it's can only be a "cheapskate" with issues later. what's urs?
3) Was that referring only to Singapore to overseas connections?
4) Nowadays, it's roughly click-and-go on the windows platform, I'd rather setup everything myself at the command line, I feel safer with more assurance this way.
5) I cant understand "able to blocked content".

No one is an expert in all fields of life, that's what forums are for.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:21 AM   #1819
Supremacy Member

Any VPN or DNS that can reliably unblock US Netflix? Not like sometimes can, sometimes cannot. Tried a few and not all 100% reliable.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
negativzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:31 PM   #1820

Hey guys, what vpn do you recommend for just overall web surfing and streaming? Speed is a must!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Nostalgiaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:44 PM   #1821

Hey guys, what vpn do you recommend for just overall web surfing and streaming? Speed is a must!
Self hosted on VPS
~Dragonite~ and suntanoi1983 like this.
-Grift- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #1822

1) Define your "geo-blocked". Only Indonesian can watch or Singapore cannot watch or which country is able to watch?
2) My philosophy is the higher the price, the better my service, and I've never trusted discounted stuffs in the current era, it's can only be a "cheapskate" with issues later. what's urs?
3) Was that referring only to Singapore to overseas connections?
4) Nowadays, it's roughly click-and-go on the windows platform, I'd rather setup everything myself at the command line, I feel safer with more assurance this way.
5) I cant understand "able to blocked content".

No one is an expert in all fields of life, that's what forums are for.
1) My definition of geoblocked means only in Indonesia you can watch or access, but not in any other countries. I want to be able to watch Indonesia content anywhere in the world including Singapore.
2) Better price i will agree largely means able to provide better service. But in some cases if the products are largely stable and no frills that serves your current need, then i will be more incline to look for value-for-money vpns instead.
3) Overseas to Singapore (starhub go) or vice versa (mytv.com or other Chinese apks)
4) think I am not so techie yet to setup anything via command line. Click n go for noob setup is what I prefer.
4) Apology in this context I mean able to access google contents and services in China, but it is the least of my priority at this moment.

Thanks and sorry for any ignorance in this area.

Rdgs
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:32 PM   #1823

Read through the whole thread and decide for yourself, you'll find your answer there.
~Dragonite~ and suntanoi1983 like this.
oric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:20 AM   #1824

ExpressVPN: u cannot go wrong with them.

Alternatives: the one u r using, ZenVPN.

1) My definition of geoblocked means only in Indonesia you can watch or access, but not in any other countries. I want to be able to watch Indonesia content anywhere in the world including Singapore.
2) Better price i will agree largely means able to provide better service. But in some cases if the products are largely stable and no frills that serves your current need, then i will be more incline to look for value-for-money vpns instead.
3) Overseas to Singapore (starhub go) or vice versa (mytv.com or other Chinese apks)
4) think I am not so techie yet to setup anything via command line. Click n go for noob setup is what I prefer.
4) Apology in this context I mean able to access google contents and services in China, but it is the least of my priority at this moment.

Thanks and sorry for any ignorance in this area.

Rdgs
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by suntanoi1983; 12-06-2017 at 07:24 AM..
Old 12-06-2017, 07:22 AM   #1825

DNS service.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:24 AM   #1826

Any VPN or DNS that can reliably unblock US Netflix? Not like sometimes can, sometimes cannot. Tried a few and not all 100% reliable.
yes there are plenty, check out perfect privacy.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:50 AM   #1827

ExpressVPN: u cannot go wrong with them.

Alternatives: the one u r using, ZenVPN.
Thanks! It seems expressVPN can't go wrong after scouring thru...though a bit more ex...
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:23 PM   #1828
Master Member

Any recommendations for gaming? Specifically to Oceanic servers, thanks!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Kilrach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 02:13 AM   #1829

hey there, is there a way to control the traffic? For example i only want to apply VPN when browsing the internet. I play games on my computer too thus i need to do some control of the traffic.

Currently using PIA, using the chrome extension provided but i feel it is not feasible.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
IAmZTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 03:42 PM   #1830

Express VPN is no longer working with Amazon prime video. Any recommended vpn for amazon prime?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
OldTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.