HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)?

Like Tree573Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2018, 05:11 PM   #2296

Dunno why android requires another app to change DNS on mobile data.
That's why I root my android phone. Imo it's pointless to use an Android phone without rooting it.

For iPhone users ....... Hahahaha
squarepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 05:55 PM   #2297

That's why I root my android phone. Imo it's pointless to use an Android phone without rooting it.

For iPhone users ....... Hahahaha
You can easily change DNS for the WiFi connections for iPhone/iPad so no issues there.

It is similar for Android, no need to root to change DNS settings for WiFi. No need to root either to change DNS settings for Ethernet connection as well.

No need to laugh at iOS. Personally I like cross platform software since I am kind of OS neutral. I like iOS but I can deal with Android. I like macOS and Linux but I have no problems with Windows.
alvino likes this.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 06:16 PM   #2298

i get it from my reseller . its those shady accounts la, to me can work can already. using for 3mths plus no problem
Can PM share source pls?
camile89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 07:32 PM   #2299

Just an update for QQ Music,

FYI, as a test and also because of itchy hand, I just paid S$1.48 for 1 month of 付费音乐包 using Apple App Store in-app-purchase and it works. I can access VIP content and download SQ quality music now, without VPN.

Seems to be a loophole to me as the terms and conditions still state that the service is for Mainland China only.

(六)用户理解并同意:腾讯公司向用户提供的服务,可能包含腾讯公司经合法权利人授权而向用户提供的相关服务,因此,由于该权利人对腾讯公司授权时间、范围、限制等的约束,所以,腾讯公司会对开通相关服务用户所在的地区以及用户具体使用服务的时间、地域范围等做一定限制,可能会导致用户在一定的地区或时间等情况下无法获得相关服务,包括但不限于目前付费音乐包相关服务仅限用户在中国大陆地区(不含香港、澳门、台湾等地区)范围内开通并使用相关服务,如果用户在中国大陆地区之外或者使用的是非中国大陆地区之网络/设备等,则无法使用/获得相关服务。对于因为前述原因或其他原因造成用户无法享有相关服务的,腾讯公司无需承担任何责任。

Hey xiaofan, where did you access to purchase it? I tried going into the app to purchase but they dint allow be because im not from mainland haha! Please guide me through. Thank you
lh0ngl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 07:34 PM   #2300

Hey xiaofan, where did you access to purchase it? I tried going into the app to purchase but they dint allow be because im not from mainland haha! Please guide me through. Thank you
Are you using iPhone or iPad? You need to use iOS in order for this to work.
lh0ngl likes this.
Old 30-11-2018, 07:36 PM   #2301

Are you using iPhone or iPad? You need to use iOS in order for this to work.
Im on iphone, but I intend to purchase on iphone link it to my account then ill use my digital audio player which is on android to play the songs
Old 30-11-2018, 08:01 PM   #2302

Im on iphone, but I intend to purchase on iphone link it to my account then ill use my digital audio player which is on android to play the songs
Then I am not so sure. I have not tried this myself.

Edit: It is probably better for you to do this from the Android DAP and use WeChat Wallet.
lh0ngl likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 30-11-2018 at 08:06 PM..
Old 30-11-2018, 08:07 PM   #2303

Then I am not so sure. I have not tried this myself.

Edit: It is probably better for you to do this from the Android DAP and use WeChat Wallet.
But how did u purchase on iphone? I will try the iphone method
Old 30-11-2018, 08:15 PM   #2304

Im also using nord to access US netflix. May I know if you are using andriod tv box or pc or..? Cos I cant seem to connect while on Minix.
I use a pc. Didn't try it with Minix so I can't comment on that.
Avlis123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 08:24 PM   #2305

But how did u purchase on iphone? I will try the iphone method
Something like this: launch QQ Music , log-in using your WeChat account (my WeChat account is linked to my SG phone number), switch language to Chinese (maybe not necessary but I did that, better to use Chinese language settings for WeChat and QQ Music).

QQ音乐 — 我的 — 会员中心 — click your name — 我的个人中心 — Pay for 付费音乐包 or 绿钻豪华版

Or similar. Since I already paid I see an option to “续费” in 会员中心.
lh0ngl likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 30-11-2018 at 08:35 PM..
Old 30-11-2018, 08:44 PM   #2306

Something like this: launch QQ Music , log-in using your WeChat account (my WeChat account is linked to my SG phone number), switch language to Chinese (maybe not necessary but I did that, better to use Chinese language settings for WeChat and QQ Music).

QQ音乐 我的 会员中心 click your name 我的个人中心 Pay for 付费音乐包 or 绿钻豪华版

Or similar. Since I already paid I see an option to 续费 in 会员中心.
Thanks so much for the tip off. They dint allow me to buy 1 month, only 3 months straight haha. Its working on my DAP. Appreciate your help
Old 30-11-2018, 08:48 PM   #2307

Thanks so much for the tip off. They dint allow me to buy 1 month, only 3 months straight haha. Its working on my DAP. Appreciate your help
Great! Glad to know that it is working for your Android DAP. I think better not to pay too Long because I worry it may not work in the future. 3months are just nice.

Edit to add: just installed QQ Music under Windows 10 laptop and log in using WeChat, the VIP is working there too.
lh0ngl likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 01-12-2018 at 11:17 AM..
Old 01-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #2308

itchy hands went to sign up for the Windscribe VPN subscription...

but at least for now I can confirm with you guys that you would be able to access Netflix USA without issues.. still testing out the speed tho.. it doesn't feel as fast as PIA to me.. but this is a cheap and tested solution for Netflix for now.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Can help me try if UK and Japan netflix works on windscribe pro pls?
camile89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:29 PM   #2309
Master Member

no options for Japan Netflix server.. only us and uk

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:49 PM   #2310
Arch-Supremacy Member

U.K. Yes, Japan no..
Just Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.