Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
@All members,

Kindly refrain from openly asking for discount code in the forum. If you need anything, please PM the member and do not flood the thread with request for discount code/referral code.

Anyone doing it again will be receive infraction without further warning or reminder.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

kw442

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Surfshark is taking longer to connect these few days & will select OpenVPN (UDP) instead of the usual IKEv2.

tortoise18

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone using vpn unlimited? How to setup on LG smart tv?

Sidenote: I accidentally bought the lifetime subscription twice. Need to let go of one at original price.

Last edited:

sevenfightclub

Reaction score
Are there any VPNs with trial apart from Nord and Express that have access to US Netflix? Paid trial is fine too as long as it's refundable.

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, none of the VPN works for China as of now, except Windscribe, due to their National Day. Their great firewall is indeed robust.

Last edited:

iphone88

Reaction score
Nearly sign up for Nord Vpn till I check out this thread.
Surf shark is fast and reliable?

Markenson

Reaction score
I've been using Surfshark for a couple of months, and so far, everything works okay. The subscription price is quite low, and you can use it on multiple devices, which is great for me as a student. Also, I can reach other libraries on Netflix, so I have more content to stream, and I also heard that it works decent for torrenting, although I haven't tried it out yet.

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just an update.

Connection thru Windscribe is slow, and often gets disconnected intermittently.

Technical support from Surfshark recommended connecting using OpenVPN with their new server profiles emailed to me, and viola I'm connected :)

Guys, none of the VPN works for China as of now, except Windscribe, due to their National Day. Their great firewall is indeed robust.

Subprimer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you guys dare to take the risk buying 2 years and 3 years plan? what if company close down?

cnybuddy

Reaction score
Hi there, i'm detecting an IP leak on my PC, using ipleak.com .
Wondering if anyone here knows how to solve this issue ?

I'm using surfshark VPN, but i'm not detecting any leaks on my laptop/iphone & android devices.
so i believe is my pc setting.

You change the dns server settings.. Change to 1.1.1.1
If you using Firefox, search webrtc addon and enable it.
Check ipleak again

Last edited:

Maple1

Reaction score
Hi @Pathfinder do you have any promo code for NordVPN? Thanks in advance! :D

For those who are planning to use VPN in China, I have tried NordVPN, which is working now but requires some manual steps to make it work, please follow this guide provided by NordVPN (sorry unable to post link as this is my first post in HWZ,
support[.]nordvpn[.]com/General-info/1047408742/Connecting-from-a-country-with-internet-restrictions.htm
) . I am able to connect from my Macbook/Windows 10 and Android phone, but Android openvpn disconnect quite frequently.

Electron168

Reaction score
For those who have pm me regarding the nordvpn. Hope u guys enjoy the free account. I should have a few more accounts later.

Maximus_XXVIII

Reaction score
Thanks to Pathfinder, I was able to subscribe Surfshark's 24 months plan at USD 0.90 per month.

My usage are pretty light, mostly web browsing, Youtube, Twitch and torrenting on private trackers.

Managed to setup OpenVPN UDP on my Synology NAS and so far torrents maintain around 16 MB/s download speed.

Though I'm mostly connected to SG servers, I realised some servers performed worse than others. I could get Speedtest.net download speed ranging from as low as 15 mbps to higher speeds of 250 mbps. (I'm on 1gbps fibre plan)

Nonetheless, the experience has been positive so far.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.