Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

kw442

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Surfshark is really value for money at that price. So far no regrets since switching over from Torguard in June.

Just need to manage your expectations.

iphone88

Reaction score
May I know how to get 0.9 per month?
Should I wait for black Friday?

Thanks to Pathfinder, I was able to subscribe Surfshark's 24 months plan at USD 0.90 per month.

My usage are pretty light, mostly web browsing, Youtube, Twitch and torrenting on private trackers.

Managed to setup OpenVPN UDP on my Synology NAS and so far torrents maintain around 16 MB/s download speed.

Though I'm mostly connected to SG servers, I realised some servers performed worse than others. I could get Speedtest.net download speed ranging from as low as 15 mbps to higher speeds of 250 mbps. (I'm on 1gbps fibre plan)

Nonetheless, the experience has been positive so far.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have paid for QQ Music VIP and I notice that they start to have many songs geo-blocked, the solution is to use free version of Transock VPN as you do not need very fast speed for songs.

I also paid for Youku VIP and so far very few videos are blocked. One of the popular blocked is 长安十二时辰. Free Transock VPN seemed to be too slow to stream it when I tried it.

Electron168

Reaction score
Currently out of free accounts for Nordvpn.
Those interested can PM me and i will send u once my new stocks come in.
Or u guys can add me on telegram for faster respond.

lawreo2002

Reaction score
I have paid for QQ Music VIP and I notice that they start to have many songs geo-blocked, the solution is to use free version of Transock VPN as you do not need very fast speed for songs.

I also paid for Youku VIP and so far very few videos are blocked. One of the popular blocked is 长安十二时辰. Free Transock VPN seemed to be too slow to stream it when I tried it.
hi
do you only on the VPN when streaming QQ music or you on it all the way? I am also using QQ music VIP and noticed many songs are blocked.

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Free Windscribe 20GB Account:

Steps :
Create Windscribe account [windscribe.com]--> Go into My Account --> Account Status --> Claim Voucher
Enter the voucher code FACTORY2 to redeem.

Note: Only use this code have less than 20GB currently else it will override.

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Steps :
Create Windscribe account [windscribe.com]--> Go into My Account --> Account Status --> Claim Voucher

Thanks. This code works.

pointgreydibs

Reaction score

Steps :

Thank you. It works.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks. got the free windscribe account.

are there any settings that I need to set?

gonna use it for my Kodi torrent streaming.

dX__Xb

Reaction score
Hi anyone could recommend any VPN that could work in China? Currently I am using expressvpn but it had been working on and off since 18Oct. I will be renewing my subscription soon so was whether whether expressvpn would be the best choice to use in China.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone could recommend any VPN that could work in China? Currently I am using expressvpn but it had been working on and off since 18Oct. I will be renewing my subscription soon so was whether whether expressvpn would be the best choice to use in China.

You may check this website.
https://www.tipsforchina.com/mobile/using-vpn-in-china-2019-blog-performance-testing.html#october

ExpressVPN and Surfshark seem to be his recommendation now and there are tips of using manual openvpn settings.

https://www.tipsforchina.com/mobile...n-configs-on-windows-mac-android-and-ios.html

https://www.tipsforchina.com/mobile/how-to-set-up-and-use-surfshark-vpn-in-china.html

But it is not easy for VPN vendors in China especially during sensitive time. You may consider using roaming data as a backup.

Last edited:

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any cheap and fast VPN for torrent streaming?

windscrive is kinda slow using hong Kong server.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully windscribe has good offers again this black Friday

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9T PRO using GAGT

dX__Xb

Reaction score
You may check this website.
https://www.tipsforchina.com/mobile/using-vpn-in-china-2019-blog-performance-testing.html#october

ExpressVPN and Surfshark seem to be his recommendation now and there are tips of using manual openvpn settings.

https://www.tipsforchina.com/mobile...n-configs-on-windows-mac-android-and-ios.html

https://www.tipsforchina.com/mobile/how-to-set-up-and-use-surfshark-vpn-in-china.html

But it is not easy for VPN vendors in China especially during sensitive time. You may consider using roaming data as a backup.

Thanks for your advise. Will take a look at the link u send.

badsector

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

check dler cloud.co

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.