Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

badsector

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
More info about these SS/SSR/V2Ray/Wireguard providers: popular in China and work better than traditional VPN vendors. For people who need to stay in China for long time, these providers can be considered. For short term stay Roaming data is easier.

depends on ur needs. i using it not just mainly for china ;)

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is nordvpn good,

i have use the trial not bad for the price

any vpn to intro?
One of the server they rented for use was breached for nearly 6 months and they only officially acknowledged the incident a week ago..

you still dare to use?? :s13:

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 8 using GAGT

alvinblank

Reaction score
Anyone has experience using VPN with BBC iPlayer? And which is the recommenced? Windscribe themselves not really confident.

EDIT: Using NordVPN and get_iplayer

Last edited:

DontTouchMe

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone know which VPN have server in China? was using PureVpn for the past few years and it's getting slow. Looking for alternative, seems like PIA, Nord, Express all don't have service in China

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know which VPN have server in China? was using PureVpn for the past few years and it's getting slow. Looking for alternative, seems like PIA, Nord, Express all don't have service in China

None of the traditional VPN vendors will have official servers in China for you to bypass GFW. It is illegal to provide VPN services without government.

And it is not easy for traditional VPN vendors to provide services in China. You can try tips here to use OpenVPN settings with ExpressVPN and Surfshark.
https://www.tipsforchina.com/mobile/using-vpn-in-china-2019-blog-performance-testing.html#october

Therefore more popular in China are those Shadowsocks/V2Ray/Wireguard providers if you need to stay in China for long time. For short time stay you can use mobile data roaming.

But if you are asking for VPN solution to go inside China for geo-blocked content like Tencent Video and iQiyi, then yes there are services sanctioned by the Chinese government like Transocks and SpeedIn.

Last edited:

Markenson

Reaction score
Been using Surfshark for a while, and I have to say it provides quite decent services for a low price. At first, I was a bit concerned about the speed, since I read that it was slow, but after I got it, I was pleasantly surprised because the speed was actually pretty decent. Also, they have impressive features such as Multihop and Whitelister (you can read about all the features on their web page https://surfshark.com/features).

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Surfshark has specific servers for Netflix Japan? I'm using windscribe mostly for viewing Japan Netflix

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9T PRO using GAGT

Kitaro9202

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using surf shark but wanted to download hk playstore app like mytv super but app store not in hk leh

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been using Surfshark for a while, and I have to say it provides quite decent services for a low price. At first, I was a bit concerned about the speed, since I read that it was slow, but after I got it, I was pleasantly surprised because the speed was actually pretty decent. Also, they have impressive features such as Multihop and Whitelister (you can read about all the features on their web page https://surfshark.com/features).
Agreed, have ditched purevpn and nordvpn altogether and Its only a dollar plus a month.

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed, have ditched purevpn and nordvpn altogether and Its only a dollar plus a month.

windscribe also getting better and better and I have almost stopped using my PIA already..

greythorne

Reaction score
windscribe also getting better and better and I have almost stopped using my PIA already..

Just my two cents. I am using windscribe free 50gb/month. It will disconnects usually during torrenting. Also it is under the 14 eyes or something??

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

my PIA sub is expiring this month..
it has been sitting and rotting since 11 months ago haha.

Power Is Scarce

Reaction score
Hi I'm a newb to VPN. Can't I just use Opera browser free VPN? Or what about those sales that sell lifetime instead of monthly subscriptions?

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm a newb to VPN. Can't I just use Opera browser free VPN? Or what about those sales that sell lifetime instead of monthly subscriptions?
If you value your privacy and security, you wouldn't want to touch the free ones.

Those lifetime deals are a sham actually, how are these companies that offer lifetime deals gonna be sustainable?

I've been there with the free ones and the lifetime ones. If you really need VPN, get a proper one, they don't cost you much, just a dollar plus a month, USD.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you value your privacy and security, you wouldn't want to touch the free ones.

Those lifetime deals are a sham actually, how are these companies that offer lifetime deals gonna be sustainable?

I've been there with the free ones and the lifetime ones. If you really need VPN, get a proper one, they don't cost you much, just a dollar plus a month, USD.

Ymmv, i got a lifetime purevpn and a lifetime windscribe.
Both works for their uses.

Then again, im not saying one should go for one. Heh.
Like u said,for proper security usage, one shld go for a proper reputable one

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.