HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Like Tree588Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2017, 12:16 PM   #1711

Thanks, everyone. I believe I will continue renew ASTRILL, Speed is good. Services is good too. Especially, those who like me more on China website and music.
astrorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 12:23 PM   #1712
Master Member

Windscribe is cool, has 10 GB free monthly which fits my needs.
there was a promo that gave 50gb free forever, just need to enter 50GBFREE at the code page, go to my account in the website and find

not sure if its still valid though
MrMundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 04:31 AM   #1713

HMA has 7 day trial here , you need to enter cc but won't be charged if you cancel within 7 days. I was always curious how well they with their virtual servers (connecting to one location e.g. Singapore but appearing as in US). Will give them a try.
stiwipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 08:56 AM   #1714
Supremacy Member

HMA has 7 day trial here , you need to enter cc but won't be charged if you cancel within 7 days. I was always curious how well they with their virtual servers (connecting to one location e.g. Singapore but appearing as in US). Will give them a try.
I've tried HMA before. It's a huge disappointment in terms of speed among a few others I tried. The download speed is unstable, swinging from fast to slow. It's about 2 years ago I last tested HMA. Maybe they've improved. No harm trying, but don't buy before you try others.
hnzfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 03:08 PM   #1715

I've tried HMA before. It's a huge disappointment in terms of speed among a few others I tried. The download speed is unstable, swinging from fast to slow. It's about 2 years ago I last tested HMA. Maybe they've improved. No harm trying, but don't buy before you try others.
Yes it is always better to try if possible. And for those who decide eventually it is better to go through Stacksocial as they have 2 year HMA VPN deal for $54.99.
Old 17-01-2017, 10:17 PM   #1716
Supremacy Member

If got money to spare go for astrill. Into my 5th year with them.
Peach Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 11:36 PM   #1717

If got money to spare go for astrill. Into my 5th year with them.
True, nothing beats them despite the pricing... But then again, depending on the purpose Astrill may be overkill to someone's needs and there are indeed cheaper alternatives available.
Old 22-01-2017, 01:27 PM   #1718
Supremacy Member

I would stay far far away from HMA. They gave up users details to law enforcement some years back.
negativzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 10:40 AM   #1719

there was a promo that gave 50gb free forever, just need to enter 50GBFREE at the code page, go to my account in the website and find

not sure if its still valid though
Still works. FYI to anyone reading this thread.
newbie001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 10:45 AM   #1720

Anyone can compare Astrill to ExpressVPN in terms of speed for US based servers? Thanks!
xuan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 01:06 PM   #1721
Supremacy Member

vpnArea - with us netflix server
Old 24-01-2017, 09:25 PM   #1722

Anyone can compare Astrill to ExpressVPN in terms of speed for US based servers? Thanks!
I have both but I am not in SG anymore. The thing is US Netflix for example works on all US Astrill servers (except for VIA servers) while ExpressVPN on selected only. ExpressVPN will always be slower as they use AES 256 encryption, while Astrill is using Blowish 128bit. For geo restricted access the advantage of ExpressVPN is their MediaStreamer DNS which works quite well (even for US Netflix), while Astrill advantage is router applet plugin (Tomato, DD-WRT, Asus-Merlin), which is much faster compared to built in VPN especially with their RouterPro protocol.
Old 24-01-2017, 09:25 PM   #1723
Master Member

They're the most advertised VPN in the world and have the largest number of servers in the world.

However their speeds are terrible, they obviously log all your activities (do not expect any privacy with HMA) in spite of claiming the contrary as they gave up lulsec team. Expect all their IPs to be blocked (servers recognising you're connecting through a VPN) because they're the most famous in the world such as Netflix / niche forums. They also only permit 2 devices only which is among the lowest in the industry.

https://invisibler.com/lulzsec-and-hidemyass/

It's honestly hard to recommend them. I would most certainly try before committing if you're insistent.

Last edited by tidus792; 24-01-2017 at 09:27 PM..
tidus792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 09:50 PM   #1724

They're the most advertised VPN in the world and have the largest number of servers in the world.
[...]
It's honestly hard to recommend them. I would most certainly try before committing if you're insistent.
In my experience that title goes to ExpressVPN. I tried HMA and found their new Mac client is very limited in options. I didn't like it it the end. But the 7 day free trial is worth mentioning for those who would like to try.
Old 24-01-2017, 10:26 PM   #1725
Master Member

Haha ExpressVPN is advertised quite heavily in Singapore but I've barely heard of it in Europe and the cost was off-putting as well.

Ended up using it as I was looking for a Singapore server on a short notice and PIA wasn't fast enough.

Do you know who has the fastest Singapore VPN server? Options do seem rather limited compared to US / EU servers.
tidus792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.