HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Like Tree590Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2017, 04:01 PM   #1786

Is your download rate same or faster with using a SmartDns and without one ?
dude, sent u a private msg. download rate same, it works similar to unblock youku.
suntanoi1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 04:05 PM   #1787

Why consider VPN only if you are just doing video streaming? How about smart DNS services? I am getting Netflix USA on a USD1/mth smart DNS service.
sounds interesting. can share with me which smart dns provider you using?
Xtreme_Funktions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 04:31 PM   #1788

I am using Smart DNS Proxy. No lost in download speed on my end. Try this link for their current promo:

https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/sdppro...tm_medium=drip

Make sure to enable Netflix proxy after you registered. It is disabled by default for some reason. They have free trial so no worries.
avo7007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 01:00 AM   #1789

Sorry..Missed your message. Have send you a PM back.

dude, sent u a private msg. download rate same, it works similar to unblock youku.
suntanoi1983 likes this.
pangolin123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 08:58 AM   #1790

Agreed. In term of streaming, DNS proxy is the more economical way of bypassing geo-blocked contents, moreover there's no speed variant.

Nevertheless, VPN serves many other purposes should a user in concern with. Despite the expensive services offered by Astrill, should any bro interested to test its service free for 7 days, please do consider using my reference link: https://astrill4u.com/trial/372871880880b After page is loaded, click bottom right to speak with the sales department to activate your 7 days trial.

God bless.

I am using Smart DNS Proxy. No lost in download speed on my end. Try this link for their current promo:

https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/sdppro...tm_medium=drip

Make sure to enable Netflix proxy after you registered. It is disabled by default for some reason. They have free trial so no worries.
Old 17-05-2017, 10:53 AM   #1791
Master Member

My 2-year contract with Astrill will expire in 27 days time

Mainly used to watch Chinese video streaming sites like iQiyi, Youku, Tudou, ACFun, Bilibili, etc

I don't torrent

Current price for a 2-year membership is USD169.99,without any add-ons

The connection speed to China is stable and good but sometimes the China server will disappear for a while and then re-appear

Is smartDNS a better option since i do not torrent and i presume smartDNS can geo-unlock Chinese video streaming sites?
tkl23786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #1792

Mainly used to watch Chinese video streaming sites like iQiyi, Youku, Tudou, ACFun, Bilibili, etc

I don't torrent

The connection speed to China is stable and good but sometimes the China server will disappear for a while and then re-appear

Is smartDNS a better option since i do not torrent and i presume smartDNS can geo-unlock Chinese video streaming sites?
same boat.. interested to know too
Old 17-05-2017, 06:08 PM   #1793

dude, drop the hope. these dns servers are mostly good with anywhere else than China. if u read more on China government's approach to internet usage at the mainland, hardly there will be any company who has the intention of selling u DNS servers to work in China, even there is they won't survive for long.

astrill's china2 sucked to be honest, never once like to use it. the most connect to USA china optimised.

I don't torrent

Old 17-05-2017, 07:49 PM   #1794
Master Member

dude, drop the hope. these dns servers are mostly good with anywhere else than China. if u read more on China government's approach to internet usage at the mainland, hardly there will be any company who has the intention of selling u DNS servers to work in China, even there is they won't survive for long.

astrill's china2 sucked to be honest, never once like to use it. the most connect to USA china optimised.
Oh...so you recommned to use the USA China Optimised server?

I know China is very tricky to stream media from.... so far Astrill has not a bad connection to China.....

If that is the case then maybe i should extend for another 2 years..?
Old 17-05-2017, 08:16 PM   #1795
Arch-Supremacy Member

Re

Read here to choose your best VPN provider

The Best VPN Providers Of 2017

https://greycoder.com/best-vpn-service/

and

https://thebestvpn.com/

and here

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn...and-anonymity/

Last edited by Apparatus; 17-05-2017 at 09:24 PM..
Apparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 10:55 PM   #1796

I don't torrent

The best time to sign-up is Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I paid only US$99.95 for 2-year with ProAddon (StealthVPN, RouterPro VPN & connect 2 devices at the same time). I suggest you wait for Nov or Dec when the offer is on.
oric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 10:36 AM   #1797

I need to know your purposes of using the VPN.

If just for streaming China contents, u shouldn't even buy Astrill. There is the infamous FlyVPN outrunning every of its competitors to bypass geo-blocked China contents . U will be amazed by their China servers after u pay. Refund can be done if ur not satisfied. Alternatively, search harder for a free China proxy server every time u want to stream, then u don't have to pay anything. Do note that, if u r connected to a China local server from the VPN, then u will not be able to get access to Facebook etc... common sense? duh.

Look a bit deeper under this thread, I have a more detailed introduction of a China VPN/accelerator, it's the most expensive yet best tunnel(better than FlyVPN) in term of speed/latency(for gamers) for all China servers - N2ping, http://www.n2ping.com?toreg=69735&platform=email, u can use my referral link to test the premium service for 12 hours. And if you intend to purchase afterwards, we both will get rewarded. Otherwise, there won't be any bonus time. If u get this, then the client will only tunnel ur traffics to/from China. U can still use another VPN to partner with N2ping theoretically bypassing all restricted contents worldwide.

IMHO, I would not buy any VPN service over 1 year. Things are changing fast these days... be wise.

Oh...so you recommned to use the USA China Optimised server?

I know China is very tricky to stream media from.... so far Astrill has not a bad connection to China.....

If that is the case then maybe i should extend for another 2 years..?

Last edited by suntanoi1983; 18-05-2017 at 10:41 AM..
Old 18-05-2017, 11:36 AM   #1798
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks.

Simply too many VPNs in the market to choose..
If you are NOT concerned with your online privacy then select either one from the big 3 VPNs below will do

ExpressVPN
PIA
IPVanish
Apparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #1799
Master Member

If you are NOT concerned with your online privacy then select either one from the big 3 VPNs below will do

ExpressVPN
PIA
IPVanish
Thanks for the advice.

I was considering ExpressVPN due to some positive review on the speed.
dreamer_toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 04:15 PM   #1800
Master Member

I did not see any China server being listed in the ExpressVPN website

https://www.expressvpn.com/vpn-server-map#locations
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.