HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Like Tree577Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2018, 06:48 PM   #1876
Arch-Supremacy Member

Mediastreamer doesn't seem to be working for me now...

Anyone facing the same issue? All other websites load except for netflix
May be get blocked by Netflix.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 04:33 PM   #1877

Mediastreamer doesn't seem to be working for me now...

Anyone facing the same issue? All other websites load except for netflix
Perhaps it was a temporary issue? US Netflix works for me using ExpressVPN MediaStreamer DNS.
stiwipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 02:42 PM   #1878

Perhaps it was a temporary issue? US Netflix works for me using ExpressVPN MediaStreamer DNS.
working now doesn't mean working forever
steven168z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 07:15 PM   #1879
Arch-Supremacy Member

Luminiati good?
Jerroldscv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 08:07 PM   #1880

Luminiati good?
Never heard before. It's not even in https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart
kw442 likes this.
oric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 08:32 PM   #1881
High Supremacy Member

Only trust those vpn that are transparent about their bandwidth. AC vpn is good and works in China
testerjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 07:48 PM   #1882
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any code or discount for Astrill current subscribers?

My VPN is going to expire soon.

PS: Current plan allows to connect up to 5 devices concurrently. Anyone who wants to share PM me.

Last edited by MikeDirnt78; 13-04-2018 at 08:02 PM..
MikeDirnt78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 11:08 PM   #1883

Any code or discount for Astrill current subscribers?

My VPN is going to expire soon.

PS: Current plan allows to connect up to 5 devices concurrently. Anyone who wants to share PM me.
Unfortunately there is no discount code for Astrill.

Recently I was hunting around for another VPN to replace my Astrill (with them for 6 years) as it will be expiring this Dec.

Read reviews that ExpressVPN has one of the fastest download speed so I decided to give it a try. Since they doesn't provide free trial, I subscribed for a month.

Connected to these servers to do speed test during peak hours:

USA-Seattle - ExpressVPN 26.42Mbps / Astrill 61.63Mbps
Luxembourg - ExpressVPN 19.07Mbps / Astrill 15.86Mbps
Singapore - ExpressVPN 190.83Mbps / Astrill 264.05Mbps

Downloaded some big files from MEGA (file hosting service) via USA-Seattle server, ExpressVPN average speed is 56Mbps but Astrill is 184Mbps.

Since ExpressVPN have 30-day money-back guarantee, I've requested for a refund before the 30 days is up and decided to stay with Astrill for another 2 more years.
MikeDirnt78 likes this.
Old 14-04-2018, 01:23 AM   #1884

hmm...

you using router vpn?
steven168z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 11:40 AM   #1885

hmm...

you using router vpn?
Nope, via the ExpressVPN & Astrill Windows client.
Old 20-04-2018, 09:34 PM   #1886

Any vpn promos??
和兴盛嚣张哥 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 10:54 AM   #1887

Hi guys, I'm new to VPNs & would like to seek some advises from u all regarding this.

I will be attached to china for 2 months, and will be buying a china sim card over there. Did some research that the great firewall of china is blocking all non-Chinese social media platform(Facebook, whatsapp, youtube, gmails,..). Even some VPN have been blocked too.

Therefore I like to check anyone has experience working and using a VPN in China?
as I would to subscribe an VPN service which I can use over there. (maybe will keep using, as I just recently discover the benefits of VPN).

Mainly usage will be streaming Video(YouTube) and to use our common social media platform(Above), will be using it on laptops & mobile phones.
dayfornight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 11:13 AM   #1888

Hi guys, I'm new to VPNs & would like to seek some advises from u all regarding this.

I will be attached to china for 2 months, and will be buying a china sim card over there. Did some research that the great firewall of china is blocking all non-Chinese social media platform(Facebook, whatsapp, youtube, gmails,..). Even some VPN have been blocked too.

Therefore I like to check anyone has experience working and using a VPN in China?
as I would to subscribe an VPN service which I can use over there. (maybe will keep using, as I just recently discover the benefits of VPN).

Mainly usage will be streaming Video(YouTube) and to use our common social media platform(Above), will be using it on laptops & mobile phones.
Don't bother with commercial VPNs as they will be blocked eventually. You can host your own VPN from your own network with your own router, some routers will have a straight forward VPN creation setup page.
dryteletubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 04:49 PM   #1889

Don't bother with commercial VPNs as they will be blocked eventually. You can host your own VPN from your own network with your own router, some routers will have a straight forward VPN creation setup page.
Thank you for the information, but because currently I am only needing it for around 2+ months and I do not have the technical knowledge of setting up the own VPN(which is an barrier for me).

Therefore would like to just subscribe with commercial VPNs to help me with that few months.
dayfornight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 04:57 PM   #1890

Thank you for the information, but because currently I am only needing it for around 2+ months and I do not have the technical knowledge of setting up the own VPN(which is an barrier for me).

Therefore would like to just subscribe with commercial VPNs to help me with that few months.
What router do you use? It may be as simple as clicking a few menus.
dryteletubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.