Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
best free psiphon. got singapore n malaysia. paid if u need high prtection can try hide myass. nordvon anyone?

Psiphon is said to be okay and even working inside China to bypass GFW but the speed is said to be slow. But I did not tried it in China.

The Psiphon Pro app from Google Play Store has quite some ads. So I just used direct download of normal Android client from the website. SpeedTest with Singapore server seems to be decent at least for web browsing. The pro version is not worth paying because there are better options.

Now for free VPN I use Windscribe 10GB free option, only use it occasionally here in Singapore for public wifi.

I tried to set up OpenVPN server on my 2014 Linksys WRT1900AC router but it did not work with the OpenVPN client on my iPhone 6S and Huawei P20. I guess the server version is too old. I will try to set up VPN server on my Raspberry Pi 3b+ boards later.

As for Nord, just scroll back and you will see some speedtest data and it is one of the top VPN behind Express VPN and the cost is also pretty decent.

Last edited:

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which location are u using? Cos I'm experiencing disconnects on my Asus AC88U like every 12hours and will need to reboot to solve.

HK for China youtube. Using QuarkySG's Firmware for DIR-880L (Got it at $35 at caraohell) on dd wrt. Very stable. I also now experimenting AC87 Merlin for another local to connect to LA. I think your AC88U is overheating. Did u use a laptop cooler? Power it using the router USB.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The seller will give you his account which you cannot change or edit any settings/credentials. Since nordvpn can have 5 multiple logins, seems like seller sharing account.

I will not go that route myself if I need to pay for a VPN. I kind of understand why people share Netflix subscription (I will not do that either if I am going to use Netflix). But for VPN?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My account I shared with my parents and in laws. Song song kao US Netflix

Sent from HUAWEI SHT-AL09 using GAGT

No issues to share with close family members.

I am saying it is not really safe to share with unknown people from Carousell or other market place. You really do not know what the other party is doing with the account.

camile89

Reaction score
Can any windscribe pro user help me check if Winflix UK is working pls? Try streaming "fresh prince of bel-air" or some other uk exclusive? I googled and it seems like many ppl can only connect to the US one for now. If can connect to winflix UK then i upgrade to pro.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can any windscribe pro user help me check if Winflix UK is working pls? Try streaming "fresh prince of bel-air" or some other uk exclusive? I googled and it seems like many ppl can only connect to the US one for now. If can connect to winflix UK then i upgrade to pro.
it's working fine for me.. able to load America's got talent and stream in HD when connected to windflix UK server.

after switching it to USA server, tried to resume and it says content not available.

aZOv5pg.jpg

Cno15uU.jpg

ugvokan.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

urbanbootless

Reaction score
No issues to share with close family members.

I am saying it is not really safe to share with unknown people from Carousell or other market place. You really do not know what the other party is doing with the account.

Agreed, sharing a VPN account is kind of a common practice and there's nothing wrong with that. But as xiaofan said, sharing it with unknown people is not safe, they can be doing something shady online and depending on VPN provider you can get in trouble for other people's wrongdoings. On the other hand, Surfshark for example provides support for unlimited devices, so it's only natural you will share it with family or close friends, why pay extra. The app is one of the simplest I've seen so I think they are going for that "for family use" marketing.

Cirevek67

Reaction score
Do you guys setup your router to enable VPN all the time?
Not always, if there's a lot of devices used at some moment in the household, then I do set up my router with Surfshark as it's more convenient then to connect with each individual device.

Their support helped me with the router setup as I had some problems while trying to do it myself.

camile89

Reaction score
Hi, anybody knows if I purchase vpn service via stacksocial, am I still eligible for 30 day refund if I wanna cancel the vpn?

Last edited:

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's working fine for me.. able to load America's got talent and stream in HD when connected to windflix UK server.

after switching it to USA server, tried to resume and it says content not available.

aZOv5pg.jpg

Cno15uU.jpg

ugvokan.jpg

Your netflix account must be US Account, NOT SG Account,

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not always, if there's a lot of devices used at some moment in the household, then I do set up my router with Surfshark as it's more convenient then to connect with each individual device.

Their support helped me with the router setup as I had some problems while trying to do it myself.

Same as Torguard. :D

camile89

Reaction score

thank you!!

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
Your netflix account must be US Account, NOT SG Account,

There are no distinctions on which country your Netflix account is from. You can register a Brazilian account, pay in Brazillian real and use your account in singapore with all the sg/Asia exclusives.

I can also stream us/UK content with the appropriate VPN. Netflix is instead region locked by ip address. So if you fly to Japan using a brazil account, you still access Japan content as your ip is currently from Japan.

That is why when Netflix first released internationally, some people opt for the cheapest Netflix subscription after currency conversion since Netflix charges your account according to where it was created. And for me, like many other people ,it was Brazil. After conversion, I pay less then 10sgd per month for the hd package.

Hope that clarifies

Cirevek67

Reaction score
There are no distinctions on which country your Netflix account is from. You can register a Brazilian account, pay in Brazillian real and use your account in singapore with all the sg/Asia exclusives.

I can also stream us/UK content with the appropriate VPN. Netflix is instead region locked by ip address. So if you fly to Japan using a brazil account, you still access Japan content as your ip is currently from Japan.

That is why when Netflix first released internationally, some people opt for the cheapest Netflix subscription after currency conversion since Netflix charges your account according to where it was created. And for me, like many other people ,it was Brazil. After conversion, I pay less then 10sgd per month for the hd package.

Hope that clarifies

Incorrect, it's not related to the I.P address but to the DNS server connected. If it was I.P based then all of the VPN providers would just buy new I.P addresses and unlock Netflix without a problem. Sadly, that's not the case.

In reality, the provider has to config a DNS server which unlocks Netflix content based on the country.

Most VPNs make it convenient for the user and make it so, that it's enough to connect to the nearest server of your location for USA Netflix content unlock. (That is because USA Netflix is most popular) For example: if you use Surfshark and connect from Singapore to Malaysia, you get access to USA Netflix content at good speeds. In other words, you don't have to connect to the USA server to access its content.

Anyways, the method you mentioned doesn't work anymore as Netflix announced that you need to live/stay a specific time period in a new country to get access to the content for that country.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.