Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

rayleigh

Reaction score
Just subscribed to NordVPN. I have an issue. One of Shopping site in Spain has geo blocking feature. When I enabled NordVPN on my iPhone , I was able to bypass the geo block feature. However when I enabled NordVPN on my PC, it is unable to overcome the geo block. I deleted all the cookies and the geo block persist.

Anyone can advise?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder which vpn is now good for China?

What are you trying to do?

If you are traveling to China and want to bypass the great firewall, you can try good VPN services like Express, Nord, Astrill, VPN.ac, etc. Most time they will work unless for sensitive times.

Ref: https://www.tipsforchina.com/mobile/using-vpn-in-china-2019-blog-performance-testing.html

Read the above and you will know that the Chinese authority has the know how to block all traditional VPN vendors if needed. But usually they do not do that and will let the minority people be able to use the VPN services (minority means millions of people).

Data roaming is easier if you are on a short trip.

If you need to stay in China for a long time, you may consider paying for SSR/V2Ray/Wireguard providers along with the traditional VPN vendors to have access even in sensitive times.

If you want to access China Geo-blocked contents like Tencent Video and iQiyi, and for that single purposes only (not for privacy and security), go for Transocks 穿梭 or SpeedIn 快帆. Traditional more well-known VPN vendors are not good for this purpose.

Last edited:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What are you trying to do?

If you are traveling to China and want to bypass the great firewall, you can try good VPN services like Express, Nord, Astrill, VPN.ac, etc. Most time they will work unless for sensitive times.

Ref: https://www.tipsforchina.com/mobile/using-vpn-in-china-2019-blog-performance-testing.html

Read the above and you will know that the Chinese authority has the know how to block all traditional VPN vendors if needed. But usually they do not do that and will let the minority people be able to use the VPN services (minority means millions of people).

Data roaming is easier if you are on a short trip.

If you need to stay in China for a long time, you may consider paying for SSR/V2Ray/Wireguard providers along with the traditional VPN vendors to have access even in sensitive times.

If you want to access China Geo-blocked contents like Tencent Video and iQiyi, and for that single purposes only (not for privacy and security), go for Transocks 穿梭 or SpeedIn 快帆. Traditional more well-known VPN vendors are not good for this purpose.

I tried Transock on some iqiyi movies and got blocked. Seems like not working well. Is it because I am using the free version?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried Transock on some iqiyi movies and got blocked. Seems like not working well. Is it because I am using the free version?

Probably. Try to disable location services to see if that helps.

For myself I pay for Youku VIP and QQ Music VIP, then I do not need to use VPN for both services. I do not use iQiYi myself. Occasionally I try Tencent Video with Transocks and it seems to be okay.

For SpeedIn under Android, you can try to check in to gain 30 minutes of VIP service. Then you can test to see if that helps. Its free line is not as good as Transocks. But the VIP lines are not bad. It is also cheaper to pay for SpeedIn because of the promotions. You can pay with in-app purchase under both iOS and Android. Same for Transocks.

Tell me which movie under iQiyi you want to access and I can try as well on my side.

Last edited:

manyu882

Master Member
Reaction score
I have been using this ShadowsocksR(SSR) provider (wannaflix.com) for past few months. So far not blocked, able to torrent and Netflix at great speed and low latency.

PM me if you are interested to subscribe with further discount.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been using this ShadowsocksR(SSR) provider (wannaflix.com) for past few months. So far not blocked, able to torrent and Netflix at great speed and low latency.

PM me if you are interested to subscribe with further discount.

https://www.tipsforchina.com/mobile/using-vpn-in-china-2019-blog-performance-testing.html

This wannafix is also recommended by the above author. He has a coupon code TIPS30 for one time 30% discount.

He has another article on setting up a SSR server on a VPS.

https://www.tipsforchina.com/mobile...owsocks-server-on-vultr-vps-the-easy-way.html

He recommends Express VPN, VPN.ac and Nord but mentioned that Nord has lower server performance than the other two. Then he also say SSR is a good alternative for China even though it offer less security and privacy protection than traditional VPN.
https://www.tipsforchina.com/mobile/best-vpn-for-china.html

I think SSR providers are more useful in China to bypass the Great FireWall (GFW) but you do not really need it in Singapore because traditional VPNs are good enough in Singapore.

Last edited:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just subscribed to NordVPN. I have an issue. One of Shopping site in Spain has geo blocking feature. When I enabled NordVPN on my iPhone , I was able to bypass the geo block feature. However when I enabled NordVPN on my PC, it is unable to overcome the geo block. I deleted all the cookies and the geo block persist.

Anyone can advise?
you pay top dollars to a VPN service provider like NordVPN even tho they have crappy speed and somemore come here to ask us for answers regarding their software issues. their CSO sibei good life.. :s13:

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

rayleigh

Reaction score
It is 2.99 per month.

you pay top dollars to a VPN service provider like NordVPN even tho they have crappy speed and somemore come here to ask us for answers regarding their software issues. their CSO sibei good life.. :s13:

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is 2.99 per month.

So you took the three year US$2.99 per month offer. Still you are a paying customer and deserve the customer support.

Nord is not famous for speed based on various reviews but it is still consistently recommended as one of the top VPN vendors which works for many use cases. You can try their customer support and tell us your experiences to see if the customer support is good or not.

Ref: some rankings for reference

https://www.techradar.com/sg/vpn/best-vpn

https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/best-vpn-awards/

https://thebestvpn.com/

You can see that Nord is considered one of the Best “All-Round” VPN and much cheaper than Express VPN.

Last edited:

badsector

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think SSR providers are more useful in China to bypass the Great FireWall (GFW) but you do not really need it in Singapore because traditional VPNs are good enough in Singapore.

ssr users getting lesser now. mainly ss and v2ray
it's a lot more than bypassing. can block ads too.
main pros was speed and auto routing
or even connecting multi US servers concurrently while watching US netflix if u wish

if that angmo can write chinese. maybe he would finds... providers like d|erc|oud or iplc better.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ssr users getting lesser now. mainly ss and v2ray
it's a lot more than bypassing. can block ads too.
main pros was speed and auto routing
or even connecting multi US servers concurrently while watching US netflix if u wish

if that angmo can write chinese. maybe he would finds... providers like d|erc|oud or iplc better.

Thanks for the info. Looks like you are one of the few users who have good first hand experiences with the SS providers.

Looks like the author of the following article still keeps updating his notes on SS providers.
https://github.com/387099/SSR/issues/1

Last edited:

badsector

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Looks like you are one of the few users who have good first hand experiences with the SS providers.

Looks like the author of the following article still keeps updating his notes on SS providers.
https://github.com/387099/SSR/issues/1

i'm been forced to...
tat author pretty active reviewing providers.
but the good one already stopped new sign up.
likely coz they have prc id

avoid those life-time vpn provider if u really care abt ur privacy

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm been forced to...
tat author pretty active reviewing providers.
but the good one already stopped new sign up.
likely coz they have prc id

avoid those life-time vpn provider if u really care abt ur privacy
most of their plans goes by bandwidth per month?
according to the list : 魅影极速
its about 72 sgd for 4tb of bandwidth over half a year at 800gb per month..
do i understand correct?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most of their plans goes by bandwidth per month?
according to the list : 魅影极速
its about 72 sgd for 4tb of bandwidth over half a year at 800gb per month..
do i understand correct?

Your understanding should be roughly correct for VIP4 plan, it costs RMB360 or S$72 for six months and you get 4.7TB bandwidth one shot, not per month.

The issue seems that it is not really open to the public for subscription.

套餐情况:

VIP3,季付120元,总1.2T流量;年付400元,总4.7T流量(每月400G) 节点40左右。
VIP4/5,半年付360元,流量4.7T;年付600元,流量9.4T(每月800G) 包括深港集群 节点100+。
需要注意的:

新用户无法直接购买VIP5,需使用VIP4半年,系统自动审核通过后免费升级;
套餐是直接给的总流量,比如VIP3季付,是一次给你三个月一共1200G的流量;

限制4个连接数,支持443端口,目前仅支持SSR,暂不支持 Surge(测试中),CN2 线路几乎全线支持 Netflix ,新增集群,新增美国日本原生节点;

尚未开放购买,每月群里不定期开放 2-3 次,有风控;可多水群
魅影注册须知
官网: https://www.myjs.tw

Last edited:

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your understanding should be roughly correct for VIP4 plan, it costs RMB360 or S$72 for six months and you get 4.7TB bandwidth one shot, not per month.

The issue seems that it is not really open to the public for subscription.

套餐情况:

VIP3,季付120元,总1.2T流量;年付400元,总4.7T流量(每月400G) 节点40左右。
VIP4/5,半年付360元,流量4.7T;年付600元,流量9.4T(每月800G) 包括深港集群 节点100+。
需要注意的:

新用户无法直接购买VIP5,需使用VIP4半年,系统自动审核通过后免费升级;
套餐是直接给的总流量,比如VIP3季付,是一次给你三个月一共1200G的流量;

限制4个连接数,支持443端口,目前仅支持SSR,暂不支持 Surge(测试中),CN2 线路几乎全线支持 Netflix ,新增集群,新增美国日本原生节点;

尚未开放购买,每月群里不定期开放 2-3 次,有风控;可多水群
魅影注册须知
官网: https://www.myjs.tw
can buy .. just cannot right away go vip5. need to sub vip4 first then upgrade

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just subscribed to Surfshark after doing some intensive research. Able to netflix and climb bukit Timah. The official website is now running a sale at USD 1.99 per month. Don't know the sale will last for how long.

Pm me to know how to get further discounts. I managed to subscribed at USD 1.20 per month.

ajax_84

Reaction score
Are there any VPN that allows me to bypass Moviesanywhere account creation?

Want to create an account to add a digital movie code after buying a bluray disc that comes with free digital movie. However, moviesanywhere seem to be really good at detecting VPN. They only allow people in USA to create an account.

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There isn’t really any way around it unless you are physically in the US.

I’ve tried.

Only way is to get someone you know in the USA to register an account for you.

Are there any VPN that allows me to bypass Moviesanywhere account creation?

Want to create an account to add a digital movie code after buying a bluray disc that comes with free digital movie. However, moviesanywhere seem to be really good at detecting VPN. They only allow people in USA to create an account.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.