HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Like Tree582Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #211

Hi,

Anyone tried to watch Al Jazeera sports on ipad? My ISP is myrepublic and thru their teleport service I can watch on web but not on ipad. It always complained about having no rights to view. I tried smartdns but it has not been working recently. Would like to know if any bros here manage to get it working on ipad.
newkidontheblock likes this.
robineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #212
Arch-Supremacy Member

for those wanting free but not public vpn (means generic user name and password free for use to all), can try tunnelbear (http://www.tunnelbear.com). 200mb limit per month but they will increase you monthly if you tweet and advertise for them. Comes with android and ios app too.
Old 19-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #213

Guys ...

buffering on can be kerbed with P2P streaming? Thnx for any info provided
saha-med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 02:32 AM   #214

hi,

anyone can recommend vpn service for watching video streaming from US and China?
preferably without bandwidth or speed limit...
RiDdLEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #215
Arch-Supremacy Member

watching netflix via apple tv on Astrill. the best VPN service
oric1 and newkidontheblock like this.
chercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #216

Hi, can anyone share which VPN provider is able to stream Hulu Plus in Full HD without any lag (or very little lag during the initial loading).

I am currently on Myrepublic 150Mbps plan. The teleport service is great for streaming Netflix on my Mobile Devices, my laptop, my chomecast and my Samsung SmartTV. However for Hulu Plus, teleport is not very good as it lags at times and at certain parts of the day it will buffer every 5 mins.

I am trying to find a fast VPN/DNS service that can stream both netflix and hulu plus with great speeds.

Currently looking at Unotelly and Astrill, however I would prefer a DNS service to VPN as I only need to stream content from US, I am not concerned with any security features.

Thanks.
jayz_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:49 AM   #217

I am currently on Myrepublic 150Mbps plan. The teleport service is great for streaming Netflix on my Mobile Devices, my laptop, my chomecast and my Samsung SmartTV. However for Hulu Plus, teleport is not very good as it lags at times and at certain parts of the day it will buffer every 5 mins.

I am trying to find a fast VPN/DNS service that can stream both netflix and hulu plus with great speeds.

Currently looking at Unotelly and Astrill, however I would prefer a DNS service to VPN as I only need to stream content from US, I am not concerned with any security features.
I thought teleport is similar to unotelly and should be great for streaming?

Astrill's speed to usa is fast. Since both unotelly and astrill offer trials, why not give both a go and decide which one is more suitable? Since you only need to access usa streams, you may also consider getting a vps and run a vpn tunnel.
luckyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #218

I thought teleport is similar to unotelly and should be great for streaming?

Astrill's speed to usa is fast. Since both unotelly and astrill offer trials, why not give both a go and decide which one is more suitable? Since you only need to access usa streams, you may also consider getting a vps and run a vpn tunnel.
Hi, I am now trying unotelly but Astrill I dun really want to try as it involves installing an applet on my router. Unotelly is good, for Hulu Plus the content streams in Full HD with no lag, however the ads load very slowly. A 1 min ad can buffer and take up to 5 mins to finish. Weird thing is the ads are all in Full HD also even though I set the settings to Auto.

I know teleport is supposed to be similar to other DNS service, however after trying other DNS service I realized that teleport is really very slow. But for Netflix teleport is fine.
jayz_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #219

Hi, I am now trying unotelly but Astrill I dun really want to try as it involves installing an applet on my router. Unotelly is good, for Hulu Plus the content streams in Full HD with no lag, however the ads load very slowly. A 1 min ad can buffer and take up to 5 mins to finish. Weird thing is the ads are all in Full HD also even though I set the settings to Auto.
Besides unotelly, there are a few other companies that offer similar service.

Adfreetime
Unblock-us
Smartydns
Justunblock
Overplay smartdns
Cactusvpn smartdns
Vpnsecure smarter dns

Most of the above offer some kind of trial. There are a few others that i can't remember off the back of my mind, just google for more.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #220
Supremacy Member

privateinternetaccess.com

Using it for BT in this pic, but for other downloads the speed is no joke too.
negativzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #221

privateinternetaccess.com

Using it for BT in this pic, but for other downloads the speed is no joke too.
Yea forgot about PIA.com : )

From my short experience with them, good speed and great tech support.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #222

I know teleport is supposed to be similar to other DNS service, however after trying other DNS service I realized that teleport is really very slow. But for Netflix teleport is fine.
Astrill's applet is great and makes using VPN on the router super friendly. I was also a fan of DNS services until I understood they are not optimal solution. Being on ViewQwest I was unable to stream Super HD quality through services like UnblockUS, SmartDNS (Overplay) or UnotellyDNS. The reason for this is that although DNS providers do not affect your speed directly, they do change the routing which might affect the speeds. With VPN you have no issues, because once you choose your optimal US server (which usually translate best routing and speed) you will get the best possible performance for all US websites.
stiwipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #223

High quality HD streams are now en route to all Netflix members, irrespective of their Internet Service Providers.

“This means,” writes Netflix director of corporate communications Joris Evers in a blog post, “that the great TV shows and movies on Netflix will look even better on HD screens with a higher bit rate stream, Super HD, that applies less compression to the 1080p image.”

Netflix initially rolled out Super HD in January through ISPs directly connected to Netflix – excluding those that weren’t. Now they are expanding this availability to ensure all members can enjoy the same. (“Note,” Evers adds, “that HD and Super HD are only available on certain titles and can only be displayed on devices that support HD”).

Netflix, as we know, uses “adaptive streaming” to dynamically adjust the video quality based on the available bandwidth, meaning that the ability to receive Super HD depends on broadband quality and performance, and Netflix users who subscribe to an ISP which is directly connected will invariably enjoy a superior quality service. Netflix also continues to encourage ISPs to adopt Netflix Open Connect.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #224
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can anyone recommend the best VPN to use for streaming ajs sports?
uRiZEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #225
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can anyone recommend the best VPN to use for streaming ajs sports?
interested to know too, many people say it's Unotelly.

Unotelly have trials i believe, can give it a try.

Just a question, ajs sports is billed in which currency ah? USD? Euro?
Salapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.