HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Like Tree580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #226
Arch-Supremacy Member

interested to know too, many people say it's Unotelly.

Unotelly have trials i believe, can give it a try.

Just a question, ajs sports is billed in which currency ah? USD? Euro?
unotelly not very reliable cause AJS will block them from time to time. Hola also kenna. Just last week kenna like this when i was on trial. Couldn't watch and had to get trial purevpn to watch.
newkidontheblock likes this.
uRiZEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #227

unotelly not very reliable cause AJS will block them from time to time. Hola also kenna. Just last week kenna like this when i was on trial. Couldn't watch and had to get trial purevpn to watch.
Unotelly is almost unusable now with AJ. Even if you can access the channels, the "fairusebreach" error keeps coming up.

Is purevpn geoblocked with AJ now? From my experience, the connection speed to Egypt is a hit and miss, sometimes fast while slow at times. Btw do take note of purevpn refund policy, if you exceed a certain bandwidth usage, they will not refund even if it is within the 3 days money back period.
luckyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #228
Arch-Supremacy Member

Unotelly is almost unusable now with AJ. Even if you can access the channels, the "fairusebreach" error keeps coming up.

Is purevpn geoblocked with AJ now? From my experience, the connection speed to Egypt is a hit and miss, sometimes fast while slow at times. Btw do take note of purevpn refund policy, if you exceed a certain bandwidth usage, they will not refund even if it is within the 3 days money back period.
No it's not. Watch CL ytd with it. Just that the streaming alittle slow leh.

Read that Egypt internet is not as sophisticated as the rest of the world. Guess it will the same for other vpn provider as well unless anyone got better experience with other providers. The price of purevpn, i think it's quite good with their discount.
uRiZEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #229
Great Supremacy Member

most vpn providers will be the same for egypt
im on purevpn too
can try ipvanish too, got 10% for first 3 bill cycle. meaning if u sign for 1yr, ur first 3yr all 10% discount
Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #230
Supremacy Member

i thought hotspot shield is good, until I saw the results of this:

Tracking Test

100% of the trackers are not blocked.....

So which free VPN services is good to do all these blocking?
sAxman_Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #231

most vpn providers will be the same for egypt
im on purevpn too
can try ipvanish too, got 10% for first 3 bill cycle. meaning if u sign for 1yr, ur first 3yr all 10% discount
I signed up for ipvanish's trial last month. Their usa server was quite fast. But there was a big issue with the geolocation of their servers. I connected to a few of their other servers and when i checked my ip, it wasn't that of the server's stated country. The geolocation was all messed up. Morever their vpn software was buggy and gave me lots of problems.
Asakura and newkidontheblock like this.

Last edited by luckyguitar; 09-10-2013 at 10:15 PM..
Old 09-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #232
mun

I just signed up Astrill VPN as recommended by some bros here. so far so good can watch from US channels to China youku - TVB cantonese drama :p
mun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #233

I just signed up Astrill VPN as recommended by some bros here. so far so good can watch from US channels to China youku - TVB cantonese drama :p
Good for you, I am also using them. I think Astrill or PIA is the way to go, however Astrill's software and Asuswrt router applet are great features that no one compares with.
oric1 and newkidontheblock like this.
stiwipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #234

Good for you, I am also using them. I think Astrill or PIA is the way to go, however Astrill's software and Asuswrt router applet are great features that no one compares with.
I'm on Astrill too. Will renew when my annual subscription expires in 2 months time.
oric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #235

Advice

Hi Bros,

Been reading this thread with interest and seeking advice.

I am looking for VPN provider for the following interest of mine:

1. Smoother experience playing online MMOs and to test out region locked games (eg Korean/China/USA only games)
2. HK TVB serial movies
3. Torrent Downloads
4. US movies

I am a complete noob when it comes to IT so looking for a simple but robust solution. I dont know how to modify routers/programming/network configuration etc. Currently on Singtel fibre. Budgetwise most vendors are charging +/- SGD12/mth and I'm ok with that.

I came across flyvpn through a gamer's blog but after reading this thread, it seems Astrill is a popular choice.

Please advise.

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
B
bleachberu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #236
Supremacy Member

Anyone on purevpn??? They got hacked

Fake Email to Clients - Updates
negativzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #237

I am looking for VPN provider for the following interest of mine:

1. Smoother experience playing online MMOs and to test out region locked games (eg Korean/China/USA only games)
2. HK TVB serial movies
3. Torrent Downloads
4. US movies

I am a complete noob when it comes to IT so looking for a simple but robust solution. I dont know how to modify routers/programming/network configuration etc. Currently on Singtel fibre. Budgetwise most vendors are charging +/- SGD12/mth and I'm ok with that.
I will say give Astrill a try. No problem with TVB and USA video streams. For gaming and torrent, it is better for you to take up a trial with them and try out their different servers.

Their tech support is quite helpful and i am sure they will guide you with the setup.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #238

Anyone on purevpn??? They got hacked

Fake Email to Clients - Updates

I think their servers got hacked....... doesn't look too good for them.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:47 AM   #239
Supremacy Member

I will say give Astrill a try. No problem with TVB and USA video streams. For gaming and torrent, it is better for you to take up a trial with them and try out their different servers.

Their tech support is quite helpful and i am sure they will guide you with the setup.
is it free?
sAxman_Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #240

is it free?
7 days free trial yes
oric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.