Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can i connect to my router in a way. Don't need the home plan and still enjoy in multiple pc?

And if I take the home plan. Can i use in two different houses?

nuker22110

Reaction score
hello i am using HMA now, but it only allows 2 max simul connections. problem is that the HMA connection is unstable, and it will disconnect from time to time. it would reconnect immediately, but that would mess up whatever im doing. i am currently looking into PIA and astrill. can any users here suggest whichever is better? my criteria is a stable connection, and a reasonable amt of gateways to choose from

oric1

Reaction score
hello i am using HMA now, but it only allows 2 max simul connections. problem is that the HMA connection is unstable, and it will disconnect from time to time. it would reconnect immediately, but that would mess up whatever im doing. i am currently looking into PIA and astrill. can any users here suggest whichever is better? my criteria is a stable connection, and a reasonable amt of gateways to choose from

Try Astrill, being using for 2 years no problem.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/next-generation-broadband-network-ngbn-forum-320/astrill-vpn-users-4618545.html

Saline

Reaction score
apart from astrill any other VPN services we can use to stream from china sites?
the buffering that i've got from both their china servers is crazily slow.
contacted them they said nothing wrong.
i'm certain its not my connection to their other servers except china cause it all loads fast.

stiwipl

Reaction score
apart from astrill any other VPN services we can use to stream from china sites?
the buffering that i've got from both their china servers is crazily slow.
contacted them they said nothing wrong.
i'm certain its not my connection to their other servers except china cause it all loads fast.

I heard China Telecom got problems, don't know whether they fixed them already or not:
https://twitter.com/astrill

Saline

Reaction score
cool thanks for the update.
if anyone knows of any other good VPN services for China please share.

wally_world

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using StrongVPN? I've narrowed down my choices to StrongVPN and Astrill, seems the most established.

Tried VyprVPN trail, but connection speed is quite slow. Wonder if it has anything to do with the app i downloaded from Playstore. Is it better to establish the VPN connection manually or use the app? Or no diff?

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ask around and my friends recommended the following, anyone else using them??

1) HMA
2) VPN express
3) witopia
4) Onavo

I also read good review about VyprVPN...almost wanted to try..

apriliasiao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those ang mo revew bo eng 1. Best is to compare the speed tests by our local users

elpibe10

Reaction score
Those ang mo revew bo eng 1. Best is to compare the speed tests by our local users

Speedtest is inaccurate when testing the streaming & P2P prowess of a VPN connection.

I'm currently subscribed to Astrill and PIA. PIA gives me better speedtest result but when it comes to streaming and P2P downloading, Astrill owns PIA anytime of the day.

I'd recommend any potential VPN user to get a trial subscription (or pay for 1-mth) and test for yourself which VPN service performs best when connecting via your ISP.

apriliasiao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Speedtest is inaccurate when testing the streaming & P2P prowess of a VPN connection.

I'm currently subscribed to Astrill and PIA. PIA gives me better speedtest result but when it comes to streaming and P2P downloading, Astrill owns PIA anytime of the day.

I'd recommend any potential VPN user to get a trial subscription (or pay for 1-mth) and test for yourself which VPN service performs best when connecting via your ISP.

So Astrill should be one of the best one out there for SG users?

InnocentBlood

Reaction score
hi guys, I'm looking to reactivate my VPN subscription and considering using StrongVPN again. are there any better/ cheaper alternatives that you might know of?

also I'm intending to use my VPN account on my PS3 and WDTV Live Media player. for that to happen, i think i need to change my current CISCO DPC3925 router that comes with my Starhub 100mbps plan. any suggestions on what is a good & cheap replacement that will allow me to do the above?

thanks for the input bros :)

powermen

Reaction score
Cheap doesn't means good. Reliable is more important. And safety also very important. I've tried hola unbroker, got funny thing happened to my computer, I've to re-installed OS.

An UK expat recommended ukustvasia.com VPN to me. Good streaming result.

If keen , can try, free 10-days trial.

You may contact Jenny at cs@ukustvasia.com for quick trial account.

rate:

Monthly Subscription: USD15.8 discounted to USD12.8/month
Prepaid 6-month: USD14.8 discounted to USD11.8/month
Prepaid 3-month: USD12.8 discounted to USD9.8/month
Prepaid 1-year: USD9.8 discounted to USD7.8/month

aamaterasu

Reaction score
Hi people,

anyone has any experiences using vpn in china using mac? Next year ill be gg to shanghai for a year and is considering to buy a macbook to use. However my fren told me google youtube facebook all banned.....anyone tried using vpn in china with mac can advise?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.