HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Like Tree576Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2019, 02:43 PM   #2611

Can any windscribe pro user help me check if Winflix UK is working pls? Try streaming "fresh prince of bel-air" or some other uk exclusive? I googled and it seems like many ppl can only connect to the US one for now. If can connect to winflix UK then i upgrade to pro.
camile89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 03:05 PM   #2612
Master Member

Can any windscribe pro user help me check if Winflix UK is working pls? Try streaming "fresh prince of bel-air" or some other uk exclusive? I googled and it seems like many ppl can only connect to the US one for now. If can connect to winflix UK then i upgrade to pro.
it's working fine for me.. able to load America's got talent and stream in HD when connected to windflix UK server.

after switching it to USA server, tried to resume and it says content not available.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 09:27 PM   #2613

No issues to share with close family members.

I am saying it is not really safe to share with unknown people from Carousell or other market place. You really do not know what the other party is doing with the account.
Agreed, sharing a VPN account is kind of a common practice and there's nothing wrong with that. But as xiaofan said, sharing it with unknown people is not safe, they can be doing something shady online and depending on VPN provider you can get in trouble for other people's wrongdoings. On the other hand, Surfshark for example provides support for unlimited devices, so it's only natural you will share it with family or close friends, why pay extra. The app is one of the simplest I've seen so I think they are going for that "for family use" marketing.
urbanbootless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2019, 01:43 AM   #2614

Do you guys setup your router to enable VPN all the time?
Not always, if there's a lot of devices used at some moment in the household, then I do set up my router with Surfshark as it's more convenient then to connect with each individual device.

Their support helped me with the router setup as I had some problems while trying to do it myself.
Cirevek67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2019, 09:41 AM   #2615

Hi, anybody knows if I purchase vpn service via stacksocial, am I still eligible for 30 day refund if I wanna cancel the vpn?

Last edited by camile89; 24-01-2019 at 04:47 PM..
Old 24-01-2019, 09:45 AM   #2616
High Supremacy Member

it's working fine for me.. able to load America's got talent and stream in HD when connected to windflix UK server.

after switching it to USA server, tried to resume and it says content not available.

Your netflix account must be US Account, NOT SG Account,
Old 24-01-2019, 09:46 AM   #2617
High Supremacy Member

Not always, if there's a lot of devices used at some moment in the household, then I do set up my router with Surfshark as it's more convenient then to connect with each individual device.

Their support helped me with the router setup as I had some problems while trying to do it myself.
Same as Torguard.
Old 24-01-2019, 10:26 AM   #2618

thank you!!
Old 24-01-2019, 12:06 PM   #2619

There are no distinctions on which country your Netflix account is from. You can register a Brazilian account, pay in Brazillian real and use your account in singapore with all the sg/Asia exclusives.

I can also stream us/UK content with the appropriate VPN. Netflix is instead region locked by ip address. So if you fly to Japan using a brazil account, you still access Japan content as your ip is currently from Japan.

That is why when Netflix first released internationally, some people opt for the cheapest Netflix subscription after currency conversion since Netflix charges your account according to where it was created. And for me, like many other people ,it was Brazil. After conversion, I pay less then 10sgd per month for the hd package.

Hope that clarifies
-Synchronicity- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2019, 03:19 PM   #2620

There are no distinctions on which country your Netflix account is from. You can register a Brazilian account, pay in Brazillian real and use your account in singapore with all the sg/Asia exclusives.

I can also stream us/UK content with the appropriate VPN. Netflix is instead region locked by ip address. So if you fly to Japan using a brazil account, you still access Japan content as your ip is currently from Japan.

That is why when Netflix first released internationally, some people opt for the cheapest Netflix subscription after currency conversion since Netflix charges your account according to where it was created. And for me, like many other people ,it was Brazil. After conversion, I pay less then 10sgd per month for the hd package.

Hope that clarifies
Incorrect, it's not related to the I.P address but to the DNS server connected. If it was I.P based then all of the VPN providers would just buy new I.P addresses and unlock Netflix without a problem. Sadly, that's not the case.

In reality, the provider has to config a DNS server which unlocks Netflix content based on the country.

Most VPNs make it convenient for the user and make it so, that it's enough to connect to the nearest server of your location for USA Netflix content unlock. (That is because USA Netflix is most popular) For example: if you use Surfshark and connect from Singapore to Malaysia, you get access to USA Netflix content at good speeds. In other words, you don't have to connect to the USA server to access its content.

Anyways, the method you mentioned doesn't work anymore as Netflix announced that you need to live/stay a specific time period in a new country to get access to the content for that country.
Cirevek67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2019, 03:23 PM   #2621
Master Member

????
siao lang?

I just helping @camile89 test out the scenario as per the post's request.

Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2019, 03:44 PM   #2622

Yes I'm aware it's based on dns. Just that ip is a much easier and relateable thing. Much more then dns.

And I'm also aware the method no longer works. It's just an illustration that Netflix has no country border and eveything is based on network.
-Synchronicity- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2019, 04:47 PM   #2623

Hi, anybody knows if I purchase vpn service via stacksocial, am I still eligible for 30 day refund if I wanna cancel the vpn?
Anybody tried this?
Old 25-01-2019, 12:27 AM   #2624

Anybody tried this?
Think only can get refund (store credit) for unredeemed license. Below is taken from their website.

Terms

Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 15 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.
shachok86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 12:35 AM   #2625

Haha after reading the post about using vpn to malaysia for US netflix.. i actually try and it works... but for windscribe their malaysia server is a hell lot slower than connecting directly to windflix... most likely their windflix server is optimised..
shachok86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.