Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

camile89

Reaction score
Hi all, Any recommendations for vpn into China on Windows OS and andriod box besides speedin and transocks? I subscribed to speedin but the speed really cmi. Cannot load the page properly. I find transocks too ex and already finished the free trial. I use the china vpn mainly for qq music and video streaming. Ai Jia Su does not work for me either.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, Any recommendations for vpn into China on Windows OS and andriod box besides speedin and transocks? I subscribed to speedin but the speed really cmi. Cannot load the page properly. I find transocks too ex and already finished the free trial. I use the china vpn mainly for qq music and video streaming. Ai Jia Su does not work for me either.

Try SpeedCN.
https://speedcn.in/download

If that does not work, then Transocks is probably the way to go if you are a heavy user.

For QQ Music, free Transocks (ads supported version) on Android works fine, then you can download the mp3 on Android phone and play under Windows. I myself do not really use Windows for Entertainment (actually seldom use Windows at home as the laptop is for kids), so I do not use this option.

You can also try FlyVPN. They have a lot of China servers. Free servers are slow but you can give the paid version it a try.
https://www.flyvpn.com/

I was thinking to subscribe to SpeedIn myself when there is a promotion, because it is cheaper than Transocks. Now I will wait for your results. :s13:

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is that Speedify like dedicated server? Like paying ~$100/mth?
Right now mine is like 150 ~ 200 mbps.
Any faster recommendable ones above 400mbps?

What do you need for that kind of speed? In reality that speed is just an ideal case, with the VPN client, the VPN server and the speedtest server all in Singapore.

If either the vpn server or the speedtest server is outside of Singapore, it will be difficult to maintain higher speed than 150-200Mbps.

Speedify VPN is not that expensive. You can give it a try. They have three year plan promotion.
https://speedify.com/store/?

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I registered and is able to use but mine looks like that

49272092838_f69f400a03_o.jpg

Strange. I do not see that expire dates. You may want to try again.
https://www.astrill.com/free-android-vpn

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
should be the airport provider's issue. but i just tested dividends.sg. Working again

my friend using the most X provider rix, can't access sgpool :s13:

That is strange.

No issues for me to access Singapore Pools. Just tried using my simple v2ray setup on Google Cloud VPS.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Test results in China (Fijian province), China Mobile 100Mbps Fibre, wireless

1) purevpn openvpn configuration works.
Update: the app is also work now with HK server.

5592700505.png

2) My simple V2Ray SG server on Google VPS works pretty well.
3617983851.png

3) Windscribe free version does not work. It is reported the paid version can work in China.

4) Astrill explicitly mentioned that the free Android version does not support China. They are confident that Astrill VPN will work in China but you need to pay, no free 7days trial in China, unlike other places.

5) 几鸡机场SSR provider free tier works.
https://ji-bn.pw/

3618000568.png

6) Free VPN xiaoming VPN and Wang VPN are working and pretty fast (only for testing purposes, not recommend to use on phone, probably can be used for TV boxes with not important account)

7) Some free-ss.site SS servers are also working.
3618012681.png

Just some quick updates based on my experiences this week.

1) Free ads supported bVPN works. So the paid version should work as well.

2) FlyVPN is targeting customers going into China (most likely approved by Chinese authority like Transocks and SpeedIn). They explicitly say that they do not support going out of China.

3) purevpn is not very consistent. Most of the time the HK server will work but not always. The SG server never works for me.

4) On iOS, Shadowrocket client app is pretty decent to support SS, SSR and V2Ray. On Android, V2RayNG is good client to support all three protocols.

5) Tunsafe VPN (wireguard client) free servers do not work.

6) Last year in Dec 2018, I tested free Turbo VPN which worked. It still works. Not recommended though based on many negative reviews.
https://proprivacy.com/vpn/review/turbovpn

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got the same message on carousell hk. it means the ip address you uses have been ban. you might want to try switching countries.

No issues using my simple V2Ray SG server on free Google Cloud VPS.

Both dividends.sg and Carousell HK work without a problem in China.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No issues using my simple V2Ray SG server on free Google Cloud VPS.

Both dividends.sg and Carousell HK work without a problem in China.

quick question. this means ur GCP instance is set to a SG server? so the VPN will run a SG IP ?
if so, if i'd like a China IP .. i would have to rent a vps within china ? :)

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
quick question. this means ur GCP instance is set to a SG server? so the VPN will run a SG IP ?
if so, if i'd like a China IP .. i would have to rent a vps within china ? :)

Yes my GCP instance is set to be located in SG and the IP address is a Singapore IP (but still does not work for Toggle and SingTel TV Go though). I have another instance running SS with US West location, but the speed is too slow to be useful.

If you want to get a China IP address, you can not use Google of course, I think you have to use Aliyun or Tencent Yun or things like that. But still it is not allowed to set up a VPN in China for individuals. Even for business you are required to get permission. So I think it is not easy.

In the end you will have to use services like Transocks, SpeedIn, SpeedCN or probably FlyVPN.

There are two fellow forum members who seem to know how to use a VPS in China from Singapore, you may want to ask in this thread.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...4/need-your-help-speedtest-china-6080256.html

Last edited:

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes my GCP instance is set to be located in SG and the IP address is a Singapore IP (but still does not work for Toggle and SingTel TV Go though). I have another instance running SS with US West location, but the speed is too slow to be useful.

If you want to get a China IP address, you can not use Google of course, I think you have to use Aliyun or Tencent Yun or things like that. But still it is not allowed to set up a VPN in China for individuals. Even for business you are required to get permission. So I think it is not easy.

In the end you will have to use services like Transocks, SpeedIn, SpeedCN or probably FlyVPN.

There are two fellow forum members who seem to know how to use a VPS in China from Singapore, you may want to ask in this thread.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...4/need-your-help-speedtest-china-6080256.html
ah! thanks for that link .. it'll be a good read nontheless especially when i see the henry ng user! rofl! thanks sire!

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just some quick updates based on my experiences this week.

1) Free ads supported bVPN works. So the paid version should work as well.

2) FlyVPN is targeting customers going into China (most likely approved by Chinese authority like Transocks and SpeedIn). They explicitly say that they do not support going out of China.

3) purevpn is not very consistent. Most of the time the HK server will work but not always. The SG server never works for me.

4) On iOS, Shadowrocket client app is pretty decent to support SS, SSR and V2Ray. On Android, V2RayNG is good client to support all three protocols.

5) Tunsafe VPN (wireguard client) free servers do not work.

6) Last year in Dec 2018, I tested free Turbo VPN which worked. It still works. Not recommended though based on many negative reviews.
https://proprivacy.com/vpn/review/turbovpn

One more option. Speedify is really fast and works in China (China Mobile 100Mbps Fibre Internet), tested with free account, 2GB per month only.

5606097797.png

Without VPN.
5606110973.png

BTW, in China when the telco says 100Mbps you will get higher than 100Mbps.

The IPTV plus Fibre Internet from China Mobile is really cheap at RMB20 per month. The IPTV box is locked but still got enough contents and selected apps.

Cable TV is still available but the cable company also moves to Fibre for new buildings. I am in a small town so no 1Gbps plan yet (only in big cities).

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.