HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Like Tree576Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2019, 12:15 PM   #2791

Subscribed to Ivacy in the end. So far it works well in my browser as well as my phone.

On my desktop, it seems to always connect to the same server in the US that is slow. Even when I select a Singapore server or any other country. Did you have this problem?
Hmm i usually connect to the closest server which allows torrents and it's pretty ok.

Maybe try connecting to other regions in the US?
-Synchronicity- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2019, 01:29 PM   #2792
Arch-Supremacy Member

Finally got myself a vpn.. Subscribed to windscribe for 12mths. Tried the windflix various servers and its streaming us/uk/jp netflix well.
winorlose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2019, 02:18 PM   #2793
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah shiok can watch all the thai horror films which sg netflix dont have
Old 27-04-2019, 02:57 PM   #2794
Master Member

Finally got myself a vpn.. Subscribed to windscribe for 12mths. Tried the windflix various servers and its streaming us/uk/jp netflix well.
welcome to the club.. you can now enjoy the 9500++ Netflix titles that windscribe's windflix us/UK/ca/jp servers can bring to you.

this link below will allow you to browse the whole catalogue.
https://www.flixwatch.co/vpn-users/w...plete-catalog/

the above catalogue is created and maintained by u/movie_addict97 of the reddit thread linked below under the r/Windscribe subreddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windscribe/...cribewindflix/

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2019, 03:18 PM   #2795
Arch-Supremacy Member

welcome to the club.. you can now enjoy the 9500++ Netflix titles that windscribe's windflix us/UK/ca/jp servers can bring to you.

this link below will allow you to browse the whole catalogue.
https://www.flixwatch.co/vpn-users/w...plete-catalog/

the above catalogue is created and maintained by u/movie_addict97 of the reddit thread linked below under the r/Windscribe subreddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windscribe/...cribewindflix/

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Thank u very much Charlie_zhan
Old 27-04-2019, 11:13 PM   #2796

Hmm i usually connect to the closest server which allows torrents and it's pretty ok.

Maybe try connecting to other regions in the US?
Spent some time with Ivacy’s customer support. Deleted the Ivacy connection in the Networks folder and ran the app in administrator mode. It works well now.

Fast speeds and good performance. A good bargain for a lifetime subscription at US$34.
magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 09:04 AM   #2797

Spent some time with Ivacy’s customer support. Deleted the Ivacy connection in the Networks folder and ran the app in administrator mode. It works well now.

Fast speeds and good performance. A good bargain for a lifetime subscription at US$34.
Good for you! Enjoy!
-Synchronicity- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 02:43 AM   #2798
Arch-Supremacy Member

So which VPN is recommended for climbing now?
Old 29-04-2019, 04:29 PM   #2799
Master Member

StrongVPN no server in China.
I wonder which vpn is now good for China?
daveteo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:40 PM   #2800

VPNs working in China. In my recent trip, I followed this article.
Cirevek67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:40 PM   #2801

VPNs working in China. In my recent trip, I followed this article.
The first 4 entries are okay, forget about the last entry Lantern VPN. The poor guy in China who got caught and fined by the police was using Lantern VPN.

Ref:
https://www.ft.com/content/dda957be-...1-4ff78404524e

Last edited by xiaofan; 03-05-2019 at 05:50 PM..
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:43 PM   #2802

Just subscribed to NordVPN. I have an issue. One of Shopping site in Spain has geo blocking feature. When I enabled NordVPN on my iPhone , I was able to bypass the geo block feature. However when I enabled NordVPN on my PC, it is unable to overcome the geo block. I deleted all the cookies and the geo block persist.

Anyone can advise?
rayleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:48 PM   #2803

What are you trying to do?

If you are traveling to China and want to bypass the great firewall, you can try good VPN services like Express, Nord, Astrill, VPN.ac, etc. Most time they will work unless for sensitive times.

Ref: https://www.tipsforchina.com/mobile/...e-testing.html

Read the above and you will know that the Chinese authority has the know how to block all traditional VPN vendors if needed. But usually they do not do that and will let the minority people be able to use the VPN services (minority means millions of people).

Data roaming is easier if you are on a short trip.

If you need to stay in China for a long time, you may consider paying for SSR/V2Ray/Wireguard providers along with the traditional VPN vendors to have access even in sensitive times.

If you want to access China Geo-blocked contents like Tencent Video and iQiyi, and for that single purposes only (not for privacy and security), go for Transocks 穿梭 or SpeedIn 快帆. Traditional more well-known VPN vendors are not good for this purpose.
daveteo88 likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 03-05-2019 at 05:59 PM..
Old 03-05-2019, 06:17 PM   #2804
Supremacy Member

What are you trying to do?

If you are traveling to China and want to bypass the great firewall, you can try good VPN services like Express, Nord, Astrill, VPN.ac, etc. Most time they will work unless for sensitive times.

Ref: https://www.tipsforchina.com/mobile/...e-testing.html

Read the above and you will know that the Chinese authority has the know how to block all traditional VPN vendors if needed. But usually they do not do that and will let the minority people be able to use the VPN services (minority means millions of people).

Data roaming is easier if you are on a short trip.

If you need to stay in China for a long time, you may consider paying for SSR/V2Ray/Wireguard providers along with the traditional VPN vendors to have access even in sensitive times.

If you want to access China Geo-blocked contents like Tencent Video and iQiyi, and for that single purposes only (not for privacy and security), go for Transocks 穿梭 or SpeedIn 快帆. Traditional more well-known VPN vendors are not good for this purpose.
I tried Transock on some iqiyi movies and got blocked. Seems like not working well. Is it because I am using the free version?
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:30 PM   #2805

I tried Transock on some iqiyi movies and got blocked. Seems like not working well. Is it because I am using the free version?
Probably. Try to disable location services to see if that helps.

For myself I pay for Youku VIP and QQ Music VIP, then I do not need to use VPN for both services. I do not use iQiYi myself. Occasionally I try Tencent Video with Transocks and it seems to be okay.

For SpeedIn under Android, you can try to check in to gain 30 minutes of VIP service. Then you can test to see if that helps. Its free line is not as good as Transocks. But the VIP lines are not bad. It is also cheaper to pay for SpeedIn because of the promotions. You can pay with in-app purchase under both iOS and Android. Same for Transocks.

Tell me which movie under iQiyi you want to access and I can try as well on my side.

Last edited by xiaofan; 03-05-2019 at 06:37 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.