Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do you need for that kind of speed? In reality that speed is just an ideal case, with the VPN client, the VPN server and the speedtest server all in Singapore.

If either the vpn server or the speedtest server is outside of Singapore, it will be difficult to maintain higher speed than 150-200Mbps.

Speedify VPN is not that expensive. You can give it a try. They have three year plan promotion.
https://speedify.com/store/?

I am in SG, VPN Server is SG, Speedtest server is in SG. But still 200mbps max.

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am in SG, VPN Server is SG, Speedtest server is in SG. But still 200mbps max.

200Mbps is already very good for a VPN.

What is the VPN? What is the client device? PC or Mobile Phone? If PC,Ethernet or wireless?

You may want to give Speedify a try. They have quite a few SG servers.

And in the end, what is the goal you want to achieve?

Previous results by fellow forum member ju5tme shows a handful of VPN can achieve 200Mbps. But how many of them can deliver 200Mbps most of the time?

Achievable download speed
Speedify 81.4% @729Mbps
Tunnelbear 29.3% @270Mbps
Windscribe 28.9% @261Mbps
VPN Unlimited 27.2% @255Mbps
Cyberghost 25.7% @234Mbps
Buffered VPN 22.8% @209Mbps
NordVPN 21.5% @197Mbps
PIA 20.4% @184Mbps
ivacy 20% @169Mbps
ExpressVPN 16.2% @144Mbps

Last edited:

NegaHyuZ

Reaction score
Checking with surfshark/windscrib users, can you all access Abema TV (japanese web streaming service) and netflix japan?

Planning to hop over from torguard if either supports them.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Checking with surfshark/windscrib users, can you all access Abema TV (japanese web streaming service) and netflix japan?

Planning to hop over from torguard if either supports them.

netflix japan yes. dk what is abema tv

G4NEPsr.jpg

TT0xA8X.jpg

usmsSoQ.jpg

Last edited:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, do you mind helping to test with abema tv? Their website is abema,,,tv replace the ,,, with a single .

TIA
just tried can't work on mobile devices.. not sure desktop will work or not

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Hope the other surfshark users can help to confirm, else I will be sticking with torguard
Surfshark can't work on mobile as well.

Looks like u got a stick with Tor. Use code TG50FL to get 50% off for Torguard.

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Back in Singapore and done with my China GFW bypassing tests. Actually not so difficult for my case, probably it is because of the time.

Now in Singapore, time to continue my China Geo-blocked contents test.

Tested 爱加速 with Tencent Video for the popular 庆余年 and it works very well. Need to use low ping servers (mostly in the North and using China Unicom.

爱加速 is free now but it seems to me you need to register with a mainland China mobile phone number.

The Go-into-China VPN I have tested.
1) Transocks free ads supported version on Android/iOS, pretty good. It has paid version without ads and has more servers.

2) SpeedIn free (not very good), they have paid version.

3) UfunR free, no paid version, seems to be a Shadowsocks provider and not a real VPN.

4) SpeedCN free trial (may need to pay after some time). They have paid version as well.

5) 爱加速, many servers, may need a mainland phone number to register (please correct me if I am wrong).

6) purevpn paid version, they have two or three China servers but they are not working well so kind of useless.

7) FlyVPN can be a potential good one as well. The free servers work but not fast. They do have a lot of China servers so the paid version could be better.

8) I have not tried IVacy which is said to have one or two servers in China, do not have hope on it though as purevpn is supposdly better than IVacy in this aspect.

There are quite a few paid apps for iOS and Android as well but I have not tried them.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
爱加速 河南03server is pretty fast now.

5614559060.png

SpeedCN diamond membership one day trial line, very fast

5614570410.png

Last edited:

camile89

Reaction score
Back in Singapore and done with my China GFW bypassing tests. Actually not so difficult for my case, probably it is because of the time.

Now in Singapore, time to continue my China Geo-blocked contents test.

Tested 爱加速 with Tencent Video for the popular 庆余年 and it works very well. Need to use low ping servers (mostly in the North and using China Unicom.

爱加速 is free now but it seems to me you need to register with a mainland China mobile phone number.

The Go-into-China VPN I have tested.
1) Transocks free ads supported version on Android/iOS, pretty good. It has paid version without ads and has more servers.

2) SpeedIn free (not very good), they have paid version.

3) UfunR free, no paid version, seems to be a Shadowsocks provider and not a real VPN.

4) SpeedCN free trial (may need to pay after some time). They have paid version as well.

5) 爱加速, many servers, may need a mainland phone number to register (please correct me if I am wrong).

6) purevpn paid version, they have two or three China servers but they are not working well so kind of useless.

There are quite a few paid apps for iOS and Android as well but I have not tried them.

Did you test 愛加速 on windows pc? Because it did not work for me. Was trying to watch 慶餘年.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you test 愛加速 on windows pc? Because it did not work for me. Was trying to watch 慶餘年.

Sorry I do not really use Windows at home.

You may want to give SpeedCN a try.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.