Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

lance88

Reaction score
its an applet u install into your router for handling your vpn right from the router instead of individual computers. vpn in router level makes ur router work very hard so performance can be affected.

stealthvpn is a feature that for better coverage in places like china where they ban most vpn companies.

basically both are different thing altogether.

u meant routerpro? but i run routerpro vpn right from my pc without doing anything on my router.
I havent try stealthvpn as i see ppl posting routerpro gives a better result.

given 25mbps, only able to reach 200-300kbps (on both netflix and hulu+) on a Los angeles1, is that a average speed or its below expectation?

Last edited:

IntimacyR

Reaction score
seems like i will sign up for astrill. i am not familiar how VPN works, for eg. i have a default router / modem at home, my laptop, ipad etc is using wifi connecting to the network, so, how do i set it up? sorry for the noob question

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems like i will sign up for astrill. i am not familiar how VPN works, for eg. i have a default router / modem at home, my laptop, ipad etc is using wifi connecting to the network, so, how do i set it up? sorry for the noob question
For multiple devices, it's cheaper and easier to install the Astrill router applet in your router (provided it's a supported model (check the Astrill site)). That way, you don't have to do any setup on your laptop, ipad, phones, etc.
If your model is not supported by the applet, it's still possible to use the router if it has openvpn client function (have to do some manual setup).

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u meant routerpro? but i run routerpro vpn right from my pc without doing anything on my router.
I havent try stealthvpn as i see ppl posting routerpro gives a better result.

given 25mbps, only able to reach 200-300kbps (on both netflix and hulu+) on a Los angeles1, is that a average speed or its below expectation?

how are u running routerpro

lance88

Reaction score
oh ps ps. its openVPN.

so routerpro is used when u had ur router installed with ddwrt/tomato or asus app? its a app configured on router page?

does openVPN gives more speed as compared to stealthvpn?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh ps ps. its openVPN.

so routerpro is used when u had ur router installed with ddwrt/tomato or asus app? its a app configured on router page?

does openVPN gives more speed as compared to stealthvpn?

VPN Protocol Comparison List - PPTP vs L2TP vs OpenVPN ™ vs Chameleon ™ | VyprVPN

a rough guide.
stealth is jus masking ur vpn ip further i think. its not the standard vpn protocol. just a product of astrill.

OpenWeb OpenVPN StealthVPN the speed won't vary too much (im using the client)
u can manually set up L2TP and PPTP and try as well...
to me, the speed don't vary much. i think openweb has the option to choose which browser to be on vpn. useful if you are using their service just to watch like pptv youku sites. your other browser is free to stream on full speed.

Last edited:

bagger 288

Suspended
Reaction score
On astrill VPN. If use from PC I'm able to hit 25 to 30MB/ps while using jdownloader. If from router maybe max 10MB/ps.

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually can just buy vpn for the china ip? Dun need encryption or anything?

I just want to watch iptv, no need all those anonymity stuffs

lance88

Reaction score
I had just tested the UnoDNS, but didnt like it at all even though its cheaper than most VPN. Some websites are unable to load, else it leads me back to the quickstart and prompt me saying updating ip address but it nv stops refreshing. lastly, the speed using netflix, vpn takes me 10-20 seconds to get to HD but on unodns im totally unable to(after running for few mins).

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.