HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Like Tree590Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2019, 11:15 AM   #3286
High Supremacy Member

One of the server they rented for use was breached for nearly 6 months and they only officially acknowledged the incident a week ago..

you still dare to use??

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 8 using GAGT
Like that scare liao
Kitaro9202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 11:39 AM   #3287

Anyone has experience using VPN with BBC iPlayer? And which is the recommenced? Windscribe themselves not really confident.

EDIT: Using NordVPN and get_iplayer

Last edited by alvinblank; 29-10-2019 at 03:34 PM..
alvinblank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 06:05 PM   #3288
Master Member

Anyone know which VPN have server in China? was using PureVpn for the past few years and it's getting slow. Looking for alternative, seems like PIA, Nord, Express all don't have service in China
DontTouchMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 09:05 AM   #3289
Master Member

Anyone know which VPN have server in China? was using PureVpn for the past few years and it's getting slow. Looking for alternative, seems like PIA, Nord, Express all don't have service in China
None of the traditional VPN vendors will have official servers in China for you to bypass GFW. It is illegal to provide VPN services without government.

And it is not easy for traditional VPN vendors to provide services in China. You can try tips here to use OpenVPN settings with ExpressVPN and Surfshark.
https://www.tipsforchina.com/mobile/...g.html#october

Therefore more popular in China are those Shadowsocks/V2Ray/Wireguard providers if you need to stay in China for long time. For short time stay you can use mobile data roaming.

But if you are asking for VPN solution to go inside China for geo-blocked content like Tencent Video and iQiyi, then yes there are services sanctioned by the Chinese government like Transocks and SpeedIn.

Last edited by xiaofan; 30-10-2019 at 09:09 AM..
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 08:21 PM   #3290

Been using Surfshark for a while, and I have to say it provides quite decent services for a low price. At first, I was a bit concerned about the speed, since I read that it was slow, but after I got it, I was pleasantly surprised because the speed was actually pretty decent. Also, they have impressive features such as Multihop and Whitelister (you can read about all the features on their web page https://surfshark.com/features).
Markenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2019, 10:41 AM   #3291
High Supremacy Member

Using surfshark trial not bad
Old 31-10-2019, 01:22 PM   #3292
Arch-Supremacy Member

Surfshark has specific servers for Netflix Japan? I'm using windscribe mostly for viewing Japan Netflix

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9T PRO using GAGT
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2019, 09:59 PM   #3293
High Supremacy Member

Using surf shark but wanted to download hk playstore app like mytv super but app store not in hk leh
Old 02-11-2019, 12:14 AM   #3294
Master Member

Been using Surfshark for a while, and I have to say it provides quite decent services for a low price. At first, I was a bit concerned about the speed, since I read that it was slow, but after I got it, I was pleasantly surprised because the speed was actually pretty decent. Also, they have impressive features such as Multihop and Whitelister (you can read about all the features on their web page https://surfshark.com/features).
Agreed, have ditched purevpn and nordvpn altogether and Its only a dollar plus a month.

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT
Pathfinder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:27 AM   #3295
Master Member

Agreed, have ditched purevpn and nordvpn altogether and Its only a dollar plus a month.

windscribe also getting better and better and I have almost stopped using my PIA already..

Charlie_Zhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:54 AM   #3296

windscribe also getting better and better and I have almost stopped using my PIA already..

Just my two cents. I am using windscribe free 50gb/month. It will disconnects usually during torrenting. Also it is under the 14 eyes or something??
greythorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:34 AM   #3297
Supremacy Member

my PIA sub is expiring this month..
it has been sitting and rotting since 11 months ago haha.
imacbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:34 PM   #3298

Hi I'm a newb to VPN. Can't I just use Opera browser free VPN? Or what about those sales that sell lifetime instead of monthly subscriptions?
Power Is Scarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:38 PM   #3299
Master Member

Hi I'm a newb to VPN. Can't I just use Opera browser free VPN? Or what about those sales that sell lifetime instead of monthly subscriptions?
If you value your privacy and security, you wouldn't want to touch the free ones.

Those lifetime deals are a sham actually, how are these companies that offer lifetime deals gonna be sustainable?

I've been there with the free ones and the lifetime ones. If you really need VPN, get a proper one, they don't cost you much, just a dollar plus a month, USD.

Pathfinder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:40 PM   #3300
Supremacy Member

If you value your privacy and security, you wouldn't want to touch the free ones.

Those lifetime deals are a sham actually, how are these companies that offer lifetime deals gonna be sustainable?

I've been there with the free ones and the lifetime ones. If you really need VPN, get a proper one, they don't cost you much, just a dollar plus a month, USD.

Ymmv, i got a lifetime purevpn and a lifetime windscribe.
Both works for their uses.

Then again, im not saying one should go for one. Heh.
Like u said,for proper security usage, one shld go for a proper reputable one
imacbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.