Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

xinping

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i read quite abit about surfshark's speed. is that a major concern for a basic user surfing web, watching youtube and downloading stuff? price seems attractive though

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i read quite abit about surfshark's speed. is that a major concern for a basic user surfing web, watching youtube and downloading stuff? price seems attractive though

Downloading stuff is the one thing which may need higher bandwidth, but anyway for overseas servers usually the bandwidth is limited. So it should not matter too much as long as you do not have high expectations.

xinping

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Downloading stuff is the one thing which may need higher bandwidth, but anyway for overseas servers usually the bandwidth is limited. So it should not matter too much as long as you do not have high expectations.
ya i think the keyword you mentioned is expectation.

will probably consider surfshark or ghostvpn. thanks for the ipouts!

Gloom me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any free VPN which allow me to connect to US? I only need to connect like 15 minutes.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any free VPN which allow me to connect to US? I only need to connect like 15 minutes.

Yes. There are quite some free options.

I am using the following two and they are very good. Of course they are not useful for things like Netflix unblocking but they should be good for many other use cases. I have paid purevpn as well but actually the following two free ones are enough for me already for non-China use cases.

Astrill Android VPN, only for Android phone/tablet, unlimited.

Windscribe free 10GB per month (got promotion code for 20GB or even 50GB from time to time).

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there China one? So can view China live

What do you mean by China Live?

If you mean live TV, then no need VPN. Use free apps like 火星直播 and 橙色电视 live, from Shafa Market.
http://m.shafa.com/list/tv

If you mean China VOD apps (Tencent Video, iQiyi, etc) or live sports apps (PPTV Sports for soccer, Tencent Sports for NBA), then you need China VPN like Transocks or AJS 爱加速. I am paying for AJS myself. Usually you need to subscribe to VIP as well.

You can refer to my posts in the Chinese Entertainment thread. Both iOS and Android are covered even though the title says iPhone.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ne-chinese-entertainment-apps-5929935-10.html

Last edited:

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there China one? So can view China live

watch china live just use app n free to watch

wan china vod u need subscript china vpn and not ang mo vpn
ang mo vpn many cannot bypass china firewall, it will shown "connected" but either no connection or buffering non-stop

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
watch china live just use app n free to watch

wan china vod u need subscript china vpn and not ang mo vpn
ang mo vpn many cannot bypass china firewall, it will shown "connected" but either no connection or buffering non-stop

Which China VPN are you using now for PPTV Sports?

I am paying for AJS myself to use apps like Youku TV (mostly no need VPN as I have VIP), Tencent Video and iQiyi. Not really use it that much though, only occasionally.

Previously I used Transocks free version (ads supported) and also AJS when it was free. Then I played with SpeedIn, SpeedCN and Malas as well. In the end I feel AJS and Transocks are the best for normal VOD apps.

Last edited:

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which China VPN are you using now for PPTV Sports?

I am paying for AJS myself to use apps like Youku TV (mostly no need VPN as I have VIP), Tencent Video and iQiyi. Not really use it that much though, only occasionally.

Previously I used Transocks free version (ads supported) and also AJS when it was free. Then I played with SpeedIn, SpeedCN and Malas as well. In the end I feel AJS and Transocks are the best for normal VOD apps.

i use Paid one as well
transock vip users for yearssss

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i use Paid one as well
transock vip users for yearssss
I see. Yes Transocks is one of the best and it is cheaper than AJS if you need the three connection Transocks offers.

I only need one connection so I choose to pay for AJS which is a bit cheaper. AJS seems to have more servers but the speed is still so so. Sometimes I can get 1080p but sometimes I can only get 720p from the apps.

Better AJS servers with low pings are mostly from China Mobile or China Unicom, not from China Telecom.
ECX0ilH.jpg

Last edited:

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. Yes Transocks is one of the best and it is cheaper than AJS if you need the three connection Transocks offers.

I only need one connection so I choose to pay for AJS which is a bit cheaper. AJS seems to have more servers but the speed is still so so. Sometimes I can get 1080p but sometimes I can only get 720p from the apps.

Better AJS servers with low pings are mostly from China Mobile or China Unicom, not from China Telecom.

basically u pay wat u get...as long u are comfortable is ok liao

transock not cheap imo but best resolution to me with no lag....
i only use 1x connection only.....
very important for live sport which need strong line/server/etc etc

kloudy

Reaction score
Anyone kind soul have promo code or referral code for nordvpn or surfshark vpn? Kindly pls pm me.
Thanks!

halth

Reaction score
Appreciate if someone can pm me the promo or referral code for nordvpn or surfshark vpn pls. Thanks!

only_lonely

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ECX0ilH.jpg

Just to check if u use ajs then you cannot surf Google?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to check if u use ajs then you cannot surf Google?
You can set up to use AJS only on selected apps. Then the rest of the apps will not go through AJS. In that case no issues with Google or Facebook.

26YKvFl.jpg

Same for other major China VPN apps like Transocks.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.