Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
... and don't be a smart aleck like you always do (from your numerous posts here) by reading just the last few posts.

Start from Post # 470 and you'll know that I'm familiar with the concept of P2P and client anonymity.

The problem with P2P is at some point there is an initiation. That is where your source is revealed. What makes you think I am not familiar with it? Since BitTorrent is P2P so can your "expertise" tell exactly where is the leak?

elpibe10

Reaction score
The problem with P2P is at some point there is an initiation. That is where your source is revealed. What makes you think I am not familiar with it? Since BitTorrent is P2P so can your "expertise" tell exactly where is the leak?

Go read up about how those P2P users were tracked and subsequently caught. Most people who have not experienced/witnessed legal prosecution will not have the fear and I bet they'll just happily P2P without even bothering about VPN (or choosing a VPN provider who honors client anonymity).

ISP detects connection to the VPN provider and if the traffic is encrypted and VPN provider doesn't share info, the ISP isn't going to 'see' anything except for that connection.

Also, check the various RSP threads about how some people were boasting about maxing out their 300Mbps or 500Mbps line and you'll know what I mean.

skycer

Reaction score
Hi Elpibe10,

just to check with you,
is the HMA good ? They currently have promo...
what is the recommended VPN provider in ur opinion ?

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go read up about how those P2P users were tracked and subsequently caught. Most people who have not experienced/witnessed legal prosecution will not have the fear and I bet they'll just happily P2P without even bothering about VPN (or choosing a VPN provider who honors client anonymity).

ISP detects connection to the VPN provider and if the traffic is encrypted and VPN provider doesn't share info, the ISP isn't going to 'see' anything except for that connection.

Also, check the various RSP threads about how some people were boasting about maxing out their 300Mbps or 500Mbps line and you'll know what I mean.

I don't need to read up P2P and VPN :) but indeed I do need to read up all the posts in this lengthy post. I shall admit it is my bad to misunderstood when how a person like to put a question mark behind a statement made.

But I don't get how is it considered a smart Alex? Could u advice? Perhaps you like to get the definition right?

elpibe10

Reaction score
I don't need to read up P2P and VPN :) but indeed I do need to read up all the posts in this lengthy post. I shall admit it is my bad to misunderstood when how a person like to put a question mark behind a statement made.

But I don't get how is it considered a smart Alex? Could u advice? Perhaps you like to get the definition right?

I've nothing against you personally (for God's sake I don't even know how you look like) but in this particular case, I'm sure you didn't read the origin of the Astrill & P2P 'safety issue' posted by me in Post # 470 and went on to assume I'm another easy to bully 'noob'. That to me is trying to be a smart aleck.

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've nothing against you personally (for God's sake I don't even know how you look like) but in this particular case, I'm sure you didn't read the origin of the Astrill & P2P 'safety issue' posted by me in Post # 470 and went on to assume I'm another easy to bully 'noob'. That to me is trying to be a smart aleck.

As much as you don't know me, I don't know you as well. Why should I assume you are a noob? Suppose I didn't misunderstood and that the fella is asking a question, all I did is just point out the flaw by posting the BitTorrent ransack, surely that is nothing smart Alex about right?

I am not reluctant to admit my wrong since I am indeed mistaken, but I just don't see the relationship of a smart Alex which indicate someone who says something where he is not aware of.

elpibe10

Reaction score
AI am not reluctant to admit my wrong since I am indeed mistaken, but I just don't see the relationship of a smart Alex which indicate someone who says something where he is not aware of.

In this case, aren't you trying to sound superior by accusing me of not understanding the concept of P2P because you didn't bother to read my earlier posts ?

Accept that 'tag' that I've given you earlier because it is 100% valid for this particular scenario and move on.

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In this case, aren't you trying to sound superior by accusing me of not understanding the concept of P2P because you didn't bother to read my earlier posts ?

Accept that 'tag' that I've given you earlier because it is 100% valid for this particular scenario and move on.

No I don't see the need to accept your flawed tag when what I have mistaken is identify the fella statement is a question and hence I took it that you did not know that P2P is trackable which indeed you did know. Hence based on the mistake that I misunderstood that you didn't know, I brought up the odex case as evidence.

Such a mistake has nothing to do with being a Smart Alex. I don't see why I should move on with your mistake. You could have easily point out that I have mistaken that I have answered it wrongly, instead of calling me a smart Alex.

I believe you might wanna accept your mistake too

Last edited:

elpibe10

Reaction score
No I don't see the need to accept your flawed tag when what I have mistaken is identify the fella statement aaa question and hence I took it that you did not know that P2P is track able which you did know. Hence based on the mistake that I misunderstood that you didn't know I brought up the odex case.

Such a mistake has nothing to do with smart Alex. I don't see why I should move on with your mistake. You could have easily point out that I have mistaken that you are not aware instead of calling me a smart Alex.

I believe you might wanna accept your mistake too

You came in with a rude post accusing my misconception of P2P. How do you expect me to react ? Happy ?

If you were to post in a courteous manner (or in this case not post anything since it's none of your business in the first place), I would definitely not have labelled you a smart aleck.

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You came in with a rude post accusing my misconception of P2P. How do you expect me to react ? Happy ?

If you were to post in a courteous manner (or in this case not post anything since it's none of your business in the first place), I would definitely not have labelled you a smart aleck.

Talking about courteous, I basically copy and paste the "failed" keyword that you have used upon others. Isn't it "Pot calling the kettle black" ? My point is if you want to call someone something/tag, at least use it correctly, even if you are not happy with me.

elpibe10

Reaction score
Talking about courteous, I basically copy and paste the "failed" keyword that you have used upon others. Isn't it "Pot calling the kettle black" ? My point is if you want to call someone something/tag, at least use it correctly, even if you are not happy with me.

He's asking a question (more like trolling) when he even quoted the obvious answer in his post. What do you expect me to do ? Be his English teacher and re-phrase my post so that it's lowered to his level of understanding ?

Let's not drag on (& OT from this thread) because nothing's gonna make me retract that tag that was given to you because you rightfully deserve it for that post that you made.

If you feel a deep sense of injustice, you're more than welcome to take up legal proceedings against me.

Cheers.

ov2rey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe no matter you use VPN or other way to download.. SG Gov want to track you, you can't run away from them..

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He's asking a question (more like trolling) when he even quoted the obvious answer in his post. What do you expect me to do ? Be his English teacher and re-phrase my post so that it's lowered to his level of understanding ?

Let's not drag on (& OT from this thread) because nothing's gonna make me retract that tag that was given to you because you rightfully deserve it for that post that you made.

If you feel a deep sense of injustice, you're more than welcome to take up legal proceedings against me.

Cheers.

As much as I have mistaken a post, that doesn't mean others couldn't. If you are not willing to answer others' doubt, you are free to not answer. If you decided to called others failed in English, I think you have failed in your way too.

I don't need you to retract the tag and I don't see your mistake applies to me. I do feel injustice, but clearly you are not worthy of me to take any legal action against you since it will be going a new low doing that. Since you wanna as such, be my guest :) it's clear for all to read anyway.

It's clear who is more open to accept mistake and who is just plain stubborn about it and not willing to take a step back

Last edited:

ov2rey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Cheers.

Dude,

Relax.... He has already stepped back one step. You also should do that as well..

elpibe10

Reaction score
As much as I have mistaken a post, that doesn't mean others couldn't. If you are not willing to answer others' doubt, you are free to not answer. If you decided to called others failed in English, I think you have failed in your way too.

I don't need you to retract the tag and I don't see your mistake applies to me. I do feel injustice, but clearly you are not worthy of me to take any legal action against you since it will be going a new low doing that. Since you wanna as such, be my guest :) it's clear for all to read anyway.

No worries. I'm more than glad for others (who bother in the 1st place) to read through our entire sparring session. Good mental exercise I must say. :D

Enjoy the rest of your day and God bless. :)

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No worries. I'm more than glad for others (who bother in the 1st place) to read through our entire sparring session. Good mental exercise I must say. :D

Enjoy the rest of your day and God bless. :)

Apparently there are some who will read and has voiced out, so it's clear. I shall enjoy my day where it's meant to be. Noted with thanks

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is an interesting sight to see an interesting post supposedly between #479 and #480 is removed. Intriguing indeed. :)

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chill man, we are still discussing about vpn right?

Definitely about VPN here. Just feel intrigued how there exist seemingly rightful defense about something and the next thing you find it missing. A discontinuity, what a pity

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.