Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

IndianChief

Banned
Reaction score
how does this shopback works?
u buy something at $100 and they shopback u 80% means give u back $80? :eek:
like the nordvpn, 80-90% cash back for u meh

how quickly do they process these cashbacks?

Yup. Cashback will be recorded in your shopback account within a few days but can only withdraw after 2-3 months

kw442

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shopback.sg:

Last time I did a bank transfer. (min. amount is SGD10)

Last edited:

kw442

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
topcashback is better or shopback?

:s13::s13:

Cashbacks for both take around 3 months to be confirmed.

1) Shopback.sg
Bank transfer in SGD (min. amount is SGD10).

2) Topcashback
Transfer to Paypal in USD.

quiliner

Reaction score
have to be a new customer... so you have to create another nord account...

I scare ShopBack disallow their cashback on Black Friday deals, i.e. the $89 for 27mth.

Do you know if I use new email to sign up, but same credit card/paypal to do the payment, will Nord still count me as a new customer?

IndianChief

Banned
Reaction score
I scare ShopBack disallow their cashback on Black Friday deals, i.e. the $89 for 27mth.

Do you know if I use new email to sign up, but same credit card/paypal to do the payment, will Nord still count me as a new customer?

Not sure bro

You test it. If no cash back den go n cancel using the 30 day money back guarantee

Proximus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I just renew my Nord as a new account using another email and another card - YouTrip as it is in USD.

Updated:

Shopback recorded my purchase for $69.60 cashback... not sure if this is in USD or SGD as I paid USD.

3n3aiUS.jpg

Last edited:

IndianChief

Banned
Reaction score
I just renew my Nord as a new account using another email and another card - YouTrip as it is in USD.

Updated:

Shopback recorded my purchase for $69.60 cashback... not sure if this is in USD or SGD as I paid USD.

3n3aiUS.jpg

How long did shopback take to track bro? And what payment method did you use?

The amount should be in sgd

Proximus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How long did shopback take to track bro? And what payment method did you use?
The amount should be in sgd
Probably within an hour or so. I used my YouTrip MasterCard as Nord charges in USD and YouTrip have good USD to SGD FX rates. I paid SGD $128 for USD 95.23. Inclusive of GST

Effectively SGD59 for 27mths which I think is a good deal if ShopBack returns SGD69 in the next 3months.

BIG thanks to xiaofan for lobang!!!

Last edited:

loackerc

Reaction score
Anybody know's what's the best deal for NordVPN (be it for existing/new sign up) currently?

Currently their black friday deal seems crappy to their 3-year plan promo a long time ago (US$99 for 3 year, compared to $89 for 24+3 mths)

Should I start monitoring StackSocial?

Stack social deal for nord seems so so now, it’s 89 usd for 2 years. If -40% off then 53.4usd.

Surf shark on stack social is 56.99 usd for 2 years now, but cannot apply any promo code cause it says “Coupons cannot be used with this sale” at checkout page.

For now it seems like the ShopBack 90% off nordvpn deal is the best one, but can only confirm if it is working on 30 Nov since that’s the promo day as posted by other user.

So assuming it is working and price on Nordvpn stays the same at 89 usd for 27 months, with 90% cash back it would be 8.9 usd for 27 months, or 0.32 usd per month.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But don't need to specially go use these coupons right? Can just search for "NordVPN" on ShopBack app & buy through the results? I notice your coupon don't have the 90% on 30 Nov one also...

You can always try by yourself. I am lazy myself will skip all such offers with cashback. I do not use Shopback or any other similar apps myself.

That is why I got purevpn last year for 12 month subscription, because of the US$0.99 pet month offer, no need cashback thingy. It was not too bad but also not so good. No real complaints for its price though.

I was looking at IVacy myself but right now I do not need it.

Last edited:

IndianChief

Banned
Reaction score
You can always try by yourself. I am lazy myself will skip all such offers with cashback. I do not use Shopback or any other similar apps myself.

That is why I got purevpn last year for 12 month subscription, because of the US$0.99 pet month offer, no need cashback thingy. It was not too bad but also not so good. No real complaints for its price though.

I was looking at IVacy myself but right now I do not it.

i was looking at Ivacy also... but the more i read, the more it seems cannot make it

heard servers are sometimes down and they are reselling PureVPN

anyway if you want Ivacy, there is a 39.90 lifetime deal on stacksocial

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was looking at Ivacy also... but the more i read, the more it seems cannot make it

heard servers are sometimes down and they are reselling PureVPN

anyway if you want Ivacy, there is a 39.90 lifetime deal on stacksocial

Same here. The more I read the reviews and then IVacy seems to be in the same class as purevpn.

So I am trying out Wireguard and Shadowsocks/V2Ray/Trojan on VPS now. They seem to perform pretty well even on the free VPS.

Then I will continue using free Astrill Android VPN and Windscribe free 20GB. Astrill is really fast but the full version is not cheap. Astrill is probably in the top tier just like Express VPN.

All in all, no real needs for paid non China VPN now as I do not need things like Netflix. For China VPN, I already paid for AJS.

quiliner

Reaction score
Probably within an hour or so. I used my YouTrip MasterCard as Nord charges in USD and YouTrip have good USD to SGD FX rates. I paid SGD $128 for USD 95.23. Inclusive of GST

Effectively SGD59 for 27mths which I think is a good deal if ShopBack returns SGD69 in the next 3months.

BIG thanks to xiaofan for lobang!!!

When you pay, were you able to skip the 7% VAT (which I think is GST), by choosing another billing country?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.