Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Mr_Farmer

Reaction score
can consider torguard. speed so so. they have viscosity for the MBP. quite convenient in changing server.

TorGuard is good ... both for video streaming (US & UK) as well as P2P (good track record for client anonymity). If you sign up with them, let me know and I'll share with you which of their servers to use (they have a lot and it takes quite a while to figure out the good ones from the bad ones).

gonna try TorGuard once my PIA sub is finished!

elpibe... which server do you recommend ?

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just wondering but is there any reason to actually go VPN? I mean, if all you need is to bypass websites country blocks(world cup etc), wouldnt a proxy be cheaper and sufficient?

stiwipl

Reaction score
just wondering but is there any reason to actually go VPN? I mean, if all you need is to bypass websites country blocks(world cup etc), wouldnt a proxy be cheaper and sufficient?

And how do you want to setup a proxy on Apple TV for instance? I also don't think that good quality proxies dedicated for streaming are cheaper than VPNs.

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And how do you want to setup a proxy on Apple TV for instance? I also don't think that good quality proxies dedicated for streaming are cheaper than VPNs.

If u can vpn u most slightly can proxy. It might just take more effort in setting up

grynove

Reaction score
been using Roku3 for couple days. setup is connected via LAN. to a ddwrt router with astrill applet installed. using the singapore (USA). buffering netflix very fast. not sure how to identify super HD thing. but picture quality is good. in fact better than the Starhub On Demand channel. and the best part is the remote. the earphone jack is just briliant.
im on MaxOnline 50Mbps.

stiwipl

Reaction score
There is no more Super HD vs HD. Netflix is now showing the highest available quality regardless of the network.

outer92

Reaction score
Below are the Internet download speed recommendations per stream for playing movies and TV shows through Netflix.
•0.5 Megabits per second - Required broadband connection speed
•1.5 Megabits per second - Recommended broadband connection speed
•3.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for SD quality
•5.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for HD quality
•25 Megabits per second - Recommended for Ultra HD 4K quality

stiwipl

Reaction score
However Ultra HD quality is available only to devices which can support HEVC codec (H.265).

damienloh

Master Member
Reaction score
What's the bitrate you can get on a tablet? I got 750 on Samsung Tab S via 5GHz wifi. Singtel 200 fibre with modified DNS. Is it possible to get better bitrate with VPN?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any good china VPN to recommend? I want to recieve streaming video from China Servers. 4Mbps should be sufficient.

hackorian

Reaction score
I have tried Astrill on my system and working well for Netflix. Is there any way to configure astrill on singtel aztech 7002GRV-S so that I'm able to use VPN for all my connected system? Or required particular router to do that? Wanted this configuration so that my ps4 can use Netflix. Thanks in advance for all input.

stiwipl

Reaction score
I have tried Astrill on my system and working well for Netflix. Is there any way to configure astrill on singtel aztech 7002GRV-S so that I'm able to use VPN for all my connected system? Or required particular router to do that? Wanted this configuration so that my ps4 can use Netflix. Thanks in advance for all input.

Easiest way to do this is on selected Asus routers or routers supporting DD-WRT.

Imperado

Reaction score
Just got PIA but cant find any good servers leh.. only getting 1-2 Mpbs nia for my private bukit timah .. am on 200mpbs plan

Last edited:

ra[g]e

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got PIA but cant find any good servers leh.. only getting 1-2 Mpbs nia for my private bukit timah .. am on 200mpbs plan
Usually I get good speeds using Hong Kong or US East.

You need to tweak the settings if you are not getting good speeds - e.g. change from UDP to TCP and change the port from auto and choose one in the selection. Eventually you will get a fast one.

Vandrew

Reaction score
I am based in Sweden. Today I am using UnoTelly to unblock regions in US, UK and Europe. As hard as I tried to request them to unblock China and Singapore, it seems hopeless.

I went on Astrill trial for 3 days and it seems not too bad. Also using Hola plug in on my Chrome which also does the trick of accessing Toggle and majority of China streaming sites.

Is there others which are reliable? Otherwise I am thinking of signing up with Astrill.

apriliasiao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually I get good speeds using Hong Kong or US East.

You need to tweak the settings if you are not getting good speeds - e.g. change from UDP to TCP and change the port from auto and choose one in the selection. Eventually you will get a fast one.

UTP to TCP will get faster speed meh? TCP still need ack packets while UTP no need.

rVn_mUfC

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried Astrill on Beinsport?
Currently using unotelly, its able to work but at times the quality doesn't reach its peak, i am unsure if it's Beinsport issue or unotelly, wanna try some other dns/vpn to test out before i subscribe for the new season.

Any other good dns/vpn for Beinsport?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.