Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

deanlee

Reaction score
Hi. I need some advice.
I just missed the 100% cashback on NordVPN. How often does shopback offer 100% cashback?
Is it during holiday season? Should I wait? Or just get the 60% shopback cashback now?
Thanks in advance.

Eloyne

Reaction score
Can i use the plus addressing technique in gmail to create multiple accounts for nordvpn and still be eligible for the cashback from shopback?
e.g. Nordvpn account no. 1: xxx@gmail.com
Nordvpn account no. 2: xxx+1@gmail.com
Both have different addresses but will link back to the same google account (in terms of email notifications).

Caesar

Master Member
Reaction score
85% cashback on shopback for nordvpn ends in 4 days.

@ChickenRapist,

Thanks for the heads up.

I see that the 2-year plan (SGD 5.09/mo) + 3 EXTRA months = Total SGD 148.42* (8% GST included)

In other words, will get back 0.85 * S$148.42 = S$126.16

Is that correct?

I.e. Only paying S$148.42 - S$126.16 = S$22.26 for 2 years of usage right?

froztheart

Master Member
Reaction score
My cashback is only $26.96 though... paid for 2 years sub @ $125 (incl. GST). Got 85% meh, sorry is it I stupid.

deanlee

Reaction score
My cashback is only $26.96 though... paid for 2 years sub @ $125 (incl. GST). Got 85% meh, sorry is it I stupid.
Which 2 years plan did you signup? Standard, plus or complete? What credit card did you use?
ShopBack deal page did say nordvpn 2 years advance plan. Not sure which one it refers to.

ChickenRapist

Master Member
Reaction score
According to my CC, $149.90 was billed. Shopback app$115.07 cashback pending.
I went through shopback, searched NordVPN and saw the 85% cashback.
So i went ahead to make the payment with a new email address. After payment prompted me to download the app (Windows), so i downloaded and then created an account using the email i entered during payment and saw the subscription was till 5 Jan 2026.
I got the Standard 2 years plan.
Received shopback email that the cashback will be confirmed by 18 Dec 2023.

froztheart

Master Member
Reaction score
Which 2 years plan did you signup? Standard, plus or complete? What credit card did you use?
ShopBack deal page did say nordvpn 2 years advance plan. Not sure which one it refers to.
SB said missing cashback, so let's see what happens.
I gotten the Standard 2 years plan, without the add-ons.

Did not see any where stating requiring specific CC?

deanlee

Reaction score
According to my CC, $149.90 was billed. Shopback app$115.07 cashback pending.
I went through shopback, searched NordVPN and saw the 85% cashback.
So i went ahead to make the payment with a new email address. After payment prompted me to download the app (Windows), so i downloaded and then created an account using the email i entered during payment and saw the subscription was till 5 Jan 2026.
I got the Standard 2 years plan.
Received shopback email that the cashback will be confirmed by 18 Dec 2023.
I did the exact same steps. $148.42 charged to credit card, $115.36 $114.36 shopback pending cashback. I used shopback mobile app with build-in browser to access nordvpn to signup.

Cashback correction

Last edited:

froztheart

Master Member
Reaction score
I did the exact same steps. $148.42 charged to credit card, $115.36 shopback pending cashback. I used shopback mobile app with build-in browser to access nordvpn to signup.
Weird yall charged $148.42 while mine was $125...

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any vpn good to use in China?

I have tested Astrill, ExpressVPN both can connect but doesn't work well is either I cannot surf the net or totally unusable

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any vpn good to use in China?

I have tested Astrill, ExpressVPN both can connect but doesn't work well is either I cannot surf the net or totally unusable

Usually the typical VPNs do not work well in mainland China (to bypass the Great Firewall)

Easy solution is to use roaming data for short term stay.

For long term stay, maybe you can try those providers using SS/SSR/V2Ray/Trojan/X-Ray/etc.
Reference: speedtest of those providers
https://www.duyaoss.com/archives/3/

keny1st

Reaction score
signed up through the android apps, waiting for shopback tracked. can I know how long it will get tracked the transaction?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.