HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Like Tree607Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2020, 03:18 PM   #4606
Master Member

pls pm me code for surfshark. thanks.
Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 03:30 PM   #4607

pls pm me code for surfshark. thanks.
pm sent...
eting72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 03:49 PM   #4608

bro, can share code for surfshark?
jingle_babble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 04:09 PM   #4609

VPN up for renewal, can share a code for my early renewal.. looks irresistible for surfshark... thanks in advance...
seowbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 05:49 PM   #4610

VPN up for renewal, can share a code for my early renewal.. looks irresistible for surfshark... thanks in advance...
Thanks for those who pm-ed me.. gracias!
seowbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 08:07 PM   #4611
Master Member

Surfshark speed/ping has been quite bad these couple of weeks after 5 pm.
kw442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 08:27 AM   #4612

Hi, can I have a code for surfshark vpn? Thanks!
einosaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 09:04 AM   #4613

Appreciate if you can share the surfshark code. Thanks!
tyueter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 11:48 AM   #4614

Can share me the surfshark code too? Thanks!
daemon82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 01:30 PM   #4615

Hi can I have surfshark vpn code ..thank you
mikengtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 05:30 PM   #4616

Thinking to get a VPN for video streaming. HK/TW shows for my parents mainly. Netflix for the younger ones. Best if can support android tv box. Able to recommend? Thanks!
bran36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 06:10 PM   #4617
Master Member

Thinking to get a VPN for video streaming. HK/TW shows for my parents mainly. Netflix for the younger ones. Best if can support android tv box. Able to recommend? Thanks!
For Netflix, the most popular VPNs in this thread are Surfshark, Windscribe and Express VPN.

For HK/TW shows, you do not really need VPNs but you need to get the right apps.

What kind of Android TV box do you have? If you have good boxes like Mi Box S or Nvidia Shield TV, take note the quality of the VPN apps under Android TV OS may be worse than the normal Android phone apps. That being said, at least there are apps for popular VPNs like Express VPN, Nord, Surfshark and Windscribe.

I have purevpn and its Android TV OS client is a crap compared to the Android phone client.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 06:59 PM   #4618

For Netflix, the most popular VPNs in this thread are Surfshark, Windscribe and Express VPN.

For HK/TW shows, you do not really need VPNs but you need to get the right apps.

What kind of Android TV box do you have? If you have good boxes like Mi Box S or Nvidia Shield TV, take note the quality of the VPN apps under Android TV OS may be worse than the normal Android phone apps. That being said, at least there are apps for popular VPNs like Express VPN, Nord, Surfshark and Windscribe.

I have purevpn and its Android TV OS client is a crap compared to the Android phone client.
Hey, thanks for your input!

Im using the Xiaomi mibox 3 (I think), white coloured, bought from China directly 2 years back. For HK/TW shows, the various applications down frequently, need to source every few weeks. So, I thought of getting a VPN to use their official application since its the standard TVB/Sanlih TV etc. You know lah, old folks like to watch those 300-400 episodes long of Hokkien drama.

From the responses here, Im think Im going with surfshark since unlimited devices.

Last edited by bran36; 23-05-2020 at 07:03 PM..
bran36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 08:47 PM   #4619

can PM me the codes for surfshark and Nordvpn too? Thanks!
techiewacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 08:54 PM   #4620
Master Member

Hey, thanks for your input!

I’m using the Xiaomi mibox 3 (I think), white coloured, bought from China directly 2 years back. For HK/TW shows, the various applications down frequently, need to source every few weeks. So, I thought of getting a VPN to use their official application since it’s the standard TVB/Sanlih TV etc. You know lah, old folks like to watch those 300-400 episodes long of Hokkien drama.

From the responses here, I’m think I’m going with surfshark since unlimited devices.
You have a Mi Box China version, then forget about Netflix for this box. I do not know if VPN apps like Surfshark will work or not as it may have an very old Android version and may not have Google services. I tend to think latest VPN apps will not work.

For mainland Chinese contents, if you want to use the China apps on China version of Mi Box, you have to buy China VPNs like AJS 爱加速 or Transocks 穿梭. The traditional VPNs like Surfshark or Express VPN will not work.

Or you can install other free apps.

It is not a very good idea to buy China version of Mi Box, that being said, you may still be able to use it effectively for HK/TW and mainland contents with the right apps.

As a start you can look at this thread for iPhone but can also be a start for Android TV boxes.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/i...s-5929935.html

Edit to add: read some of my old posts for Android TV boxes.
Ref: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/t...678618-94.html

Edit to add: I believe you have other box or Smart TV for Netflix, then Surfshark can be a good option for Netflix, depending on your device. Express VPN's smart DNS may be the best if you have things like Samsung or LG TV. Surfshark also has smart DNS which I am not so sure is good or not.

Last edited by xiaofan; 23-05-2020 at 09:11 PM..
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.