HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Like Tree595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #556

For Streaming I would recommend PIA, PureVPN, IPVanish they are best and allow access to watch live streaming with fast speed.. They have great protocols such as L2TP, SSTP, OpenVPN etc which provide total anonymity and dedicated IP.. Multiple servers in different locations so you can get desired country IP as well to watch Hulu, Netflix and other streaming channels..
sajidali27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:26 AM   #557

PIA / Hulu+ / Roku3 user here (and also through VPN router)

Am thinking of switching to Astrill as recommended by bros here 'cause many IPs blocked by Hulu and the remaining ones are slow

any Astrill + Hulu users here can advise no problems with Hulu?

thanks!
Mr_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #558
High Supremacy Member

In Astrill 2.9.2 (build 2016) 8/July/2014

This version brings reliability and speed improvements for both OpenVPN/StealthVPN and OpenWeb and full support for new OpenWeb v2 protocol. As we plan to deploy OpenWeb v2 in several weeks to all servers, this update is necessary.

- New: updated network redirector (LSP) component (Windows); Fixes some IE related crashes.
- New: updated OpenSSL to 1.0.1h. AES-NI is now supported client side
- New: Switched default encryption from BlowFish to AES for security and speed.
- New: OpenWeb autotuning for speed (The more you surf, the faster it becomes!)
- New: Improved windows installer to update LSP and TAP driver only if necessary, so reboot is not needed always.
- Fixed: some minor HTTP keep-alive improvements (OpenWeb)
- Fixed: OpenWeb handshake bug (only OpenWeb v2 protocol)
- Fixed: included some patches from OpenVPN branch 2.3.x (improves connectivity in some cases)
- Fixed: a bug in TAP adapter on Windows (DHCP issue)
- Fixed: an attempt to make fonts look smooth on Mac retina. Graphics not yet fully fixed.
- Fixed: CryptoPlus additional ciphers (CAST and BlowFish 256/512-bit options) where not working on Linux
- Other: other improvements/fixes.

When installing new version over the old version, don't forget to reboot your computer for all changes to be applied correctly !
Ah-Pin-Kor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:33 PM   #559
Supremacy Member

I bet you've never experienced / witnessed a dozen policemen + lawyers from anti-piracy org storming in to your office/house to want to take such risk.

Might as well just P2P w/o VPN. Faster that way
who cares
Old 10-07-2014, 07:32 AM   #560
Supremacy Member

For Streaming I would recommend PIA, PureVPN, IPVanish they are best and allow access to watch live streaming with fast speed.. They have great protocols such as L2TP, SSTP, OpenVPN etc which provide total anonymity and dedicated IP.. Multiple servers in different locations so you can get desired country IP as well to watch Hulu, Netflix and other streaming channels..
Do all of them have Servers in China, I wish to unblock China streaming content
wc1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #561

can consider torguard. speed so so. they have viscosity for the MBP. quite convenient in changing server.

TorGuard is good ... both for video streaming (US & UK) as well as P2P (good track record for client anonymity). If you sign up with them, let me know and I'll share with you which of their servers to use (they have a lot and it takes quite a while to figure out the good ones from the bad ones).

gonna try TorGuard once my PIA sub is finished!

elpibe... which server do you recommend ?
Mr_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:14 AM   #562

elpibe... which server do you recommend ?
Check your pm
Old 10-07-2014, 10:08 PM   #563
Supremacy Member

just wondering but is there any reason to actually go VPN? I mean, if all you need is to bypass websites country blocks(world cup etc), wouldnt a proxy be cheaper and sufficient?
Zabiyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:27 AM   #564

just wondering but is there any reason to actually go VPN? I mean, if all you need is to bypass websites country blocks(world cup etc), wouldnt a proxy be cheaper and sufficient?
And how do you want to setup a proxy on Apple TV for instance? I also don't think that good quality proxies dedicated for streaming are cheaper than VPNs.
elpibe10 likes this.
stiwipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #565
Great Supremacy Member

ipvanish promo 3 day trial for ios
Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:41 PM   #566
Supremacy Member

And how do you want to setup a proxy on Apple TV for instance? I also don't think that good quality proxies dedicated for streaming are cheaper than VPNs.
If u can vpn u most slightly can proxy. It might just take more effort in setting up
Zabiyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #567

been using Roku3 for couple days. setup is connected via LAN. to a ddwrt router with astrill applet installed. using the singapore (USA). buffering netflix very fast. not sure how to identify super HD thing. but picture quality is good. in fact better than the Starhub On Demand channel. and the best part is the remote. the earphone jack is just briliant.
im on MaxOnline 50Mbps.
grynove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:02 AM   #568

There is no more Super HD vs HD. Netflix is now showing the highest available quality regardless of the network.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #569

Below are the Internet download speed recommendations per stream for playing movies and TV shows through Netflix.
0.5 Megabits per second - Required broadband connection speed
1.5 Megabits per second - Recommended broadband connection speed
3.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for SD quality
5.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for HD quality
25 Megabits per second - Recommended for Ultra HD 4K quality
outer92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #570

However Ultra HD quality is available only to devices which can support HEVC codec (H.265).
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.