HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Like Tree616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2015, 04:27 PM   #856
Supremacy Member

bro, is PIA as easy to use as Astrill?

I am using Astrill for the 2nd day and it's very easy to use the PC client. I also managed to install the Astrill applets onto my Asus Router, though the speed wasn't too optimum.

Please advise. Thanks!
Its really no frills. They give you an app, you just enter username and password, select gateway and connect. All the support is on their site. Their app does not have as many features as Astrill though, and that can be a good or bad thing
negativzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:03 PM   #857

39usd lifetime? good deal? by this company VPN Unlimited

https://deals.thenextweb.com/sales/v...lifetime090315

Sauce: http://thenextweb.com/offers/2015/04...mpaign=profeed
There is a similar deal where you pay USD 19 for 3 years. May be good enough.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-un...aid=a-nro4le6x
mtech88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:28 PM   #858
High Supremacy Member

I'm interested in PIA speeds as well, any current subscriber can help do some speed tests?
avoid PIA. i tried them for 2 days.

cons
- slow to connect/disconnect
- not so easy to configure
- lousy customer support. you are like communicating to a robot

pros
- cheaper

i am initiating a refund now. i just tested astrill.

pros and cons are exact opposite of PIA. plus their application is superb. so i dont mind paying extra once a year!

by the way, if you need more information can PM or email me. im glad to help. but join under my referral. thanks.

Last edited by MikeDirnt78; 10-04-2015 at 05:32 PM..
MikeDirnt78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:42 PM   #859
eyz
Supremacy Member

thanks.

just communicated with them as well, asking for a free trial. yeah, automated response.

cons

pros
- cheaper

pros and cons are exact opposite of PIA. plus their application is superb. so i dont mind paying extra once a year!

by the way, if you need more information can PM or email me. im glad to help. but join under my referral. thanks.
eyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:58 PM   #860

Anyone tried purevpn? Speed wise OK for tor? I'm looking at their spilt tunneling feature.. Seems gd

warmstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:45 PM   #861
Master Member

cons

pros
- cheaper

I've been trying out PIA (on hk & uk servers)for the better part of today and so far I'm pretty satisfied.

Replies fast on their online chat, >4MB/s torrent speeds, able to watch BBC iplayer in HD without too buffering(no netflix/hulu sub to test), no slow downs in web surfing, straight forward configuration using their client on both W7 and OSX.

Only thing left to try is to see whether they honour their 7 days refund. I might just go for the 12 month plan.

Last edited by crystalnox; 10-04-2015 at 06:51 PM..
crystalnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:11 PM   #862
Supremacy Member

anyone tried the VPN Unlimited lifetime plan?

how isit
ZynoXII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:00 PM   #863

I've been trying out PIA (on hk & uk servers)for the better part of today and so far I'm pretty satisfied.

Replies fast on their online chat, >4MB/s torrent speeds, able to watch BBC iplayer in HD without too buffering(no netflix/hulu sub to test), no slow downs in web surfing, straight forward configuration using their client on both W7 and OSX.

Only thing left to try is to see whether they honour their 7 days refund. I might just go for the 12 month plan.
Sounds good. They got 24 months at 60 too
icyflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:19 AM   #864
High Supremacy Member

good for you. i didnt try those servers but local server is not able to give me a good speed for torrent and browsing. a big loss of speed compared to my full bandwidth.

just stick to PIA if you consider the lower cost.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:53 AM   #865

so many experts here.

this thread will be hot after the Dallas saga
harky likes this.
Eien_kisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:45 PM   #866
Arch-Supremacy Member

Torrentfreak: How to Make VPN More secure
Old 11-04-2015, 01:38 PM   #867

How are you able to do that?

I'm on PIA. Before VPN I can achieve torrent speed of about 5-6MB, after VPN to either HK or even SG server. the throughput is only like 20-30kB, Think will trigger for refund. Too slow.

Run some test using uTorrent. Without vpn download is 11MB/s, with PIA vpn connected is 70kB/s... It's just too slow...

Last edited by jimmy_sg; 11-04-2015 at 02:08 PM..
jimmy_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:16 PM   #868
Master Member

I'm on PIA. Before VPN I can achieve torrent speed of about 5-6MB, after VPN to either HK or even SG server. the throughput is only like 20-30kB, Think will trigger for refund. Too slow.

Run some test using uTorrent. Without vpn download is 11MB/s, with PIA vpn connected is 70kB/s... It's just too slow...
That's pretty extreme, 500kb/s even with lousy torrents is achievable for HK in my case. Have you tried the port forwarding in the PIA client?
crystalnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:53 PM   #869
eyz
Supremacy Member

how do i do port forwarding?

let's say my t0rr3nt application's port is 12345, and my router had setup the same port 12345 for port forwarding. do i just key in 12345 in the setup of PIA or Astrill's PC client?

That's pretty extreme, 500kb/s even with lousy torrents is achievable for HK in my case. Have you tried the port forwarding in the PIA client?
Old 11-04-2015, 02:56 PM   #870
eyz
Supremacy Member

i did the speed test on PIA and Astrill.

Astrill is just much faster in terms of US server.

PIA seems to be a little faster in SG server.

i have some problem with t0rr3nts downloading witb Astrill. Does t0rr3nt download work with those Astrills' server that come with an asterisk?

Are all PIA servers t0rr3nt friendlyt?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.