HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Like Tree602Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2015, 11:39 AM   #1006

Tried VyprVPN 3 days trial

Fast at times, but face traffic problem during the night with singapore server and need to reselect other server

Due to the server not based in mainland china, other then HK
Cannot stream tudou.

Any recommendation for VPN to china?
Anyone tested Ipvanish already? I am considering that.
Rippsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2015, 11:45 AM   #1007

I signed up for PIA and tried to use it for torrents and watching videos on twitch but am getting very slow speeds. My torrent speeds using VPN is about 20% of my normal speeds

My speed test for most servers can barely hit 1 Mbps. For sg server it is about 20 Mbps. Anyone can advise is there any way to help improve speeds?
hopelessnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2015, 10:57 AM   #1008
Supremacy Member

I signed up for PIA and tried to use it for torrents and watching videos on twitch but am getting very slow speeds. My torrent speeds using VPN is about 20% of my normal speeds

My speed test for most servers can barely hit 1 Mbps. For sg server it is about 20 Mbps. Anyone can advise is there any way to help improve speeds?
Try astrill's free trial?
hnzfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2015, 09:41 AM   #1009

Astrill seems unsafe with many people claiming that they log. My main use will be for p2p and watching videos. So not that interested in Astrill. Maybe I should try torguard instead.
hopelessnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2015, 05:43 PM   #1010
Master Member

is Netflix auto renewal after the one month free month ends on Sunday, May 10, 2015. I don't want to continue.
Wongpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2015, 10:43 PM   #1011

is Netflix auto renewal after the one month free month ends on Sunday, May 10, 2015. I don't want to continue.
yeap, it's auto renewal. my free trial ended yesterday and starting today it's US$8.99.
oric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 03:25 PM   #1012

Looking at VPN for torrenting. Considered Astrill but heard they keep logs and Torguard does not allow torrenting on their Singapore servers. Is this true? Anyone hitting 4-5 mbps on their VPN?
mshahrulazri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 06:48 PM   #1013
Master Member

Looking at VPN for torrenting. Considered Astrill but heard they keep logs and Torguard does not allow torrenting on their Singapore servers. Is this true? Anyone hitting 4-5 mbps on their VPN?
Use Indonesia server for torrent while on torguard, can get decent speed

XxlwAteRzlxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 07:39 PM   #1014
High Supremacy Member

Cannot setup pptp vpn on personal router? Any idea why must use external, whats the advantage. Thanks.
Repsol_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 08:11 PM   #1015
Master Member

Never hit that kind of speed before by using Indo server and Proxy, but safety first uh.. After the recent torrent movie, ISP hand over IP address so be safe first.

Any idea if using VPN to torrent, ISP won't know?
thenakedshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 10:00 PM   #1016
Master Member

Never hit that kind of speed before by using Indo server and Proxy, but safety first uh.. After the recent torrent movie, ISP hand over IP address so be safe first.

Any idea if using VPN to torrent, ISP won't know?
if u got any questions, ask their support faster & more accurate.

As per question, the vpn will encrypt your data transfer. The isp can't see unless they spent their time and decrypt.

Every Vpn will keep logs to protect themselves against legal or abuses.

From Torguard's reply, they didn't say cannot torrent on singapore network,but they recommend to use optimized BT network.
*btw, their point of view as in torrent (legal file sharing).

The bad thing about Astrill is its company location is Seychelles. WHO KNOW THEIR LAWS?
While other VPNs clustered at USA. If their new bill passed through, massive movement from VPNs to transfer out of USA will be noticeable.
wongminmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 11:01 PM   #1017

Tried to setup Astrill (free trial) on my synology NAS. Didn't work leh. Set up as an openVPN connection and copied the cert info over. But just can't connect. Maybe try Torguard.
Using the NAS to BT.
lala81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2015, 01:05 AM   #1018
High Supremacy Member

Tried to setup Astrill (free trial) on my synology NAS. Didn't work leh. Set up as an openVPN connection and copied the cert info over. But just can't connect. Maybe try Torguard.
Using the NAS to BT.
I'm using Asus RT-AC87U router setting up PPTP VPN, works wonder anywhere. Vietnam, thailand, cambodia all can. China never try b4 tho.
Repsol_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2015, 09:16 AM   #1019
Supremacy Member

All VPNs log in some capacity or other. I would be more concerned with a VPN that claims it has zero logging policy than one which lists out what they log.
oric1 and Asakura like this.
negativzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2015, 08:51 PM   #1020

All VPNs log in some capacity or other. I would be more concerned with a VPN that claims it has zero logging policy than one which lists out what they log.
I see. It seems that Torguard and Astrill are popular on this board.
Any experience on which has better torrent speeds?
mshahrulazri is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.