Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

salmonella

Reaction score
I also sign up Astril, can stream China site on android also..

Bros using a China VPN... Can do a speedtest to China server and see what the performance is like through the VPN? Would be nice also to see the performance during "peak period", ie. evenings.

I thought VQ Freedom is like Smart DNS and unotelly but I find unotelly with VQ seems to be better than the VQ freedom

Yeah, ViewQwest FreedomVPN uses SmartDNS, just like Unotelly. So it helps to access geo-restricted content but does not encrypt your traffic.

Unotelly seems to be cheaper, and unblocks more content.

salmonella

Reaction score
Hi, am using smartdnsproxy.com, and what i see is US address when i switch on the vpn in my iphone, does that means mine is indeed a vpn service?

That appears to bundle a traditional vpn together with their smart dns service.

Beware that some vpn services are downright insecure. I've only looked at unovpn (useless) and earthvpn (poor).

Last edited:

knightskid

Reaction score
That appears to bundle a traditional vpn together with their smart dns service.

Beware that some vpn services are downright insecure. I've only looked at unovpn (useless) and earthbound (poor).

Yup, they just got this vpn services few months back only during my subscription period for their dns service, so i do find it is the added bonus for me.

But how to check whether their vpn are insecure?

Right now my subscription ending soon and there is a renewal of usd$19.99 for another year...still thinking to continue or not as so far am still quite happy using it, just that not using as often because seldom watch netflix nowsaday.

salmonella

Reaction score
Well, unovpn gave away their server's private keys in the config files, which means anyone can decrypt your traffic. While earthvpn uses the same set of keys on all servers. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to tell these are bad. How to tell if something is good is much harder.

Astrill is one of few that I'd trust to handle this reasonably well. And even then...

Sysedit

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just got the BlackFriday PureVPN (1 + 1 Year +2year Free SmartDNS) Promo, Can i know how good is this PureVPN, Secure bo?

Really wasted, i too late to find this 5 year promo for USD$69. Is it really for 5 year. As far as i know there no SMartDNS
https://stacksocial.com/sales/lifetime-of-purevpn

Anyway how the speed on Oversea movie/Tv Show :)

dantom04

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just got the BlackFriday PureVPN (1 + 1 Year +2year Free SmartDNS) Promo, Can i know how good is this PureVPN, Secure bo?

Really wasted, i too late to find this 5 year promo for USD$69. Is it really for 5 year. As far as i know there no SMartDNS

im interested to know too? Is the above VPN good?

Pinkey

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

is this PureVpn good?

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unotelly hanged my PC and make it damn slow, on a freshly formatted window 10 pc.

Hope there's a good Astril deal

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In case anybody want to sub to it, when you unsub due to technical reason, insist on it.
They will send you an email to offer 40% off.
If you are taking the one year, IIRC it's US$59.95, so it's $3 per month for smart dns and their vpn.

Unotelly's instruction for vpn seem damn lengthy and not user friendly imo. Only have a few servers.
On speedtest, latency is horrible at download speed 2mbps.
Switching off turn me back to 400mbps

This Astril is surely faster, but they don't offer even a single cent discount.

Last edited:

Alphina

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is PureVPN worth to sub? I used SurfEasy and Astril both for two years. Cannot make it.

Sysedit

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So far my test for PureVpn is not bad, speed wise is ok.
i also search other VPN provider, they still on a high side of about USD$50+ per year. Hence to me, PureVpn current promo is good enough, cheap enough, maybe not the best but it is just nice for now. Can take it as a start to try out for those have tight budget.

Currently they are having the same promo as black friday sales.
Get 2 Years of PureVPN + 2 Years of Free SmartDNS, for USD$49.95

Eg (M1 VPN, IPVanish VPN, USD$58.59 for 1 year.)
https://www.m1.com.sg/Personal/BUND...kCxESJS6IqMuCFjW5HK06FxXRSMaApay8P8HAQ#Prices
i not too sure about the T&C.

*PureVPN they say, can up to 5 device access at the same time.
so, my guess can share with with your friends... over all still cheap. I really cant say it the best, but over all it good, and the 24hr support is good.

As for the site: PureVPN: Lifetime Subscription(*5years Promo, USD$69)
I still scare of trying, worry that it will run away... plus there no SmartDNS.

*SmartDNS, it is more toward watching video.
https://support.purevpn.com/how-to-activate-smartdns-on-windows

PS: if anyone of you want a extra 10% off, PM me as i try to get Affiliates to work. else i will send it as friends invite lao.

Last edited:

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya i used the trial and forgot to subscribe.

I think they have an anniversary sale in January.

Then i will hoot their 2 years plan

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested to use Astrill, I am willing to share my account. We can split the monthly subscription.

I am just a light user. Probably using a few hours every month.

PA3131T

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya i used the trial and forgot to subscribe.

I think they have an anniversary sale in January.

Then i will hoot their 2 years plan

If anyone is interested to use Astrill, I am willing to share my account. We can split the monthly subscription.

I am just a light user. Probably using a few hours every month.

Ahhh... U guys can actually discuss on the offer now for 1+1 account-1st acc for 1 year, 2nd acc for 6 months. Then split the $69.95 accordingly... Both acc comes with Stealth VPN...

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm actually looking at expressvpn or 12vpn now.

Anyone has speedtest results with either?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.