HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Like Tree611Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2015, 06:01 PM   #1036

Other then DNS leak.. im more towards ISP knows that you are connecting to the VPN server since the VPN IP address you connect to is the same IP address the destination sees it.

For example, I create an account and my real IP address is being logged(assuming no vpn at this point). Few days later I got a VPN and continue using.

Even though im using VPN now, my real IP was being logged at the start and from that they can tell which ISP I am from. Subsequent usage of that account and if need require they can ask the specific ISP to see which address is going to that VPN IP address and from there trace to the user right?

For discussion sake, exploring the idea that even with VPN still can trace back to you from co-relation with data they have at the start.
Imperado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2015, 07:57 PM   #1037

Er, wanna ask for PIA users which servers do you use to climb? And do you use it in conjunction with SOCKS provided by PIA>?
RunningBoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2015, 10:02 PM   #1038
Master Member

Not true, PIA and Torguard do not log any traffic or session data, whereas astrill keeps session data meaning your IP address.
why u so stubborn sia....

A world without logs....is it possible? Oh wait, North Korea don't keep logs!
NOOO! because China keep logs for them
wongminmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2015, 05:30 PM   #1039

PIA just released their iOS app
Tried the PIA app and while the interface looks really pleasent, I've had trouble connecting to the VPN while on those free WiFi networks. Had to switch back to the OpenVPN app to connect back to PIA.
phrozact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 04:53 PM   #1040

using Torguard for climbing as it apprently does not keep logs..speed and ease of use still ok.

and just to clear the air, it states clearly on their FAQ that they do not keep logs, so why still argue??

Torguard FAQ section

Last edited by playnwork; 25-05-2015 at 04:56 PM..
playnwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 09:54 PM   #1041
Supremacy Member

https://torguard.net/blog/get-50-off...ard-vpn-proxy/

Dont say bo share!
thenakedshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2015, 11:03 AM   #1042

I'm having terrible speed now after 2 weeks use of Torguard, initially was still ok and fast connection too.

Now after 2 wks, speed either get lesser or not moving at all for my BT.

on my phone, using China vpn always fail to connect, only once a while get connected. Or either got connected but Public IP still showing existing ip address and take very long to verify. These never happened during the 2 wks.

all these happened after 2 wks use, is it now too many signing up or only the initial 2 wks try to let you enjoy so that you won't ask for refund under their 1 wk money-back guarantee.
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2015, 11:50 AM   #1043
Supremacy Member

I'm having terrible speed now after 2 weeks use of Torguard, initially was still ok and fast connection too.

Now after 2 wks, speed either get lesser or not moving at all for my BT.

on my phone, using China vpn always fail to connect, only once a while get connected. Or either got connected but Public IP still showing existing ip address and take very long to verify. These never happened during the 2 wks.

all these happened after 2 wks use, is it now too many signing up or only the initial 2 wks try to let you enjoy so that you won't ask for refund under their 1 wk money-back guarantee.
hmm.. my torrent speeds are constant (not amazingly fast like when not connected to VPN) but it's constant. Maybe you can share what torrent you downloading then i try and see the speed?

I'm interested to see TG vs other vpn in terms of torrent speed.
thenakedshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2015, 12:47 PM   #1044

Maybe we can all use this Ubuntu 15.04 Desktop (64-bit) as a test and post our results here. Don't worry, it's perfectly legal to download.

Quote your speed (in MB/s) & VPN provider.
oric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2015, 04:34 PM   #1045

Newbie question, apology if its asked before.

1) SH fibre user here, will be signing up a 1 year vpn service for netflix, amoung PIA, torguard, astrill or others, which vpn provides more stable connection with SH?

2) Will be climbing hill for a few eps of the past US drama if netflix doesnt have it, may i say, the vpn that im getting for my SH fibre, will probably be stable as well for hill climbing?

3) Do we need bitcoin to purchase secure vpn services for the anonymity, or just simple paypal payment will do?
kenapa siol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2015, 05:02 PM   #1046

using Torguard for climbing as it apprently does not keep logs..speed and ease of use still ok.

and just to clear the air, it states clearly on their FAQ that they do not keep logs, so why still argue??

Torguard FAQ section
50% off Torguard with code TGLIFETIME50

cheers!
playnwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2015, 11:13 PM   #1047

Maybe we can all use this Ubuntu 15.04 Desktop (64-bit) as a test and post our results here. Don't worry, it's perfectly legal to download.

Quote your speed (in MB/s) & VPN provider.
Broadband speed = 200Mbps
Astrill during peak hour = 120Mbps (or 14.5MB/s)

oric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2015, 11:56 PM   #1048

For those using TorGuard, which servers are you using for torrents? I'm putting in a ticket for port forwarding but it's done on a server by server basis, so I'd like to know which is generally the better server to open up the port.
phrozact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2015, 10:02 PM   #1049
Master Member

For those using TorGuard, which servers are you using for torrents? I'm putting in a ticket for port forwarding but it's done on a server by server basis, so I'd like to know which is generally the better server to open up the port.
Indonesia.
Let me know if by port forwarding ur speed increases thanks

XxlwAteRzlxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 12:55 PM   #1050

hmm.. my torrent speeds are constant (not amazingly fast like when not connected to VPN) but it's constant. Maybe you can share what torrent you downloading then i try and see the speed?

same here, without vpn the speed is constant.. but behind a vpn the speed varies and can drop as much as 90% compare to without.

will PM you the file link to try.
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.