HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Like Tree577Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2015, 08:36 AM   #1126
Supremacy Member

Astrill is still fast, but not as fast as it was at the beginning of the year when they started taking down their p2p servers and swapping everything around.

Honestly for the price and performance now, I'm sticking with my PIA. At least I don't need to worry about spiking and sub-par performance whenever they take down a server.
I have to chime in and say from my experience as astrill user, there's a deterioration of speed for all 3 sg servers as well. Also takes unusually longer time to get connected to these servers.

Really hope it's temporary as I still have months to go before my subscription ends.
hnzfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:21 AM   #1127

Can sifu advice which Vpn to go with singtel fibre, cos just sign with singtel. Thx
nec248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 03:47 PM   #1128
Supremacy Member

purevpn reliable? can share real reviews thanks.

Also any good sites to stream videos from vpn? beside netflix and hulu XD .

VPN noob here .

Last edited by micheloving; 11-07-2015 at 08:04 PM..
micheloving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:04 PM   #1129
Master Member

Looking for a good vpn as well to use with MR isp. Want to use it with my firetv.
sukmadik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #1130

I have to chime in and say from my experience as astrill user, there's a deterioration of speed for all 3 sg servers as well. Also takes unusually longer time to get connected to these servers.

Really hope it's temporary as I still have months to go before my subscription ends.
I've been with them for the 3rd year and recently renewed for 2 more years during the Black Friday deal last year.

So far no complain with their SG servers and connection also quite fast. Not sure what speed you're getting (they have 6 SG servers now, including 1 for torrenting). SG via Korea (Gamers) was down so can't test.

SG 1

SG 2 (can use for bit torrent)

SG 3

SG 4

SG via NZ (Gamers)
hnzfaz likes this.

Last edited by oric1; 12-07-2015 at 04:38 PM..
oric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 01:39 AM   #1131

Hey Guys, any tips or advice on unotelly VPN??? And is there any service provider out there who can provide VPN and DNS at an affordable price?
evildoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 01:56 AM   #1132

Hey Guys, any tips or advice on unotelly VPN??? And is there any service provider out there who can provide VPN and DNS at an affordable price?
Overplay? AirVPN does geolocation routing, so if you are connected to their US server, you will be able to unlock both US & UK content.
stiwipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 11:04 AM   #1133

@evildoctor I have Unotelly Smart DNS for Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and Hulu. It works silky smooth on Netflix. Amazon Instant Video recently has been acting up. I cant get HD playback readily on my Amazon Fire TV player. Hulu stutters alot but plays HD.
Unotelly is quite pricey. I bought it during the Black Friday sale.
schlep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 09:40 PM   #1134

Hi, has anyone connected using purevpn in china recently? can share how is the overall experience? thanks!
kelvinkezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 10:37 PM   #1135
Supremacy Member

Since most vpn allow multi-connection at the same time .....

Is it actually better to share the vpn and cost together with hwz ppl (assuming they can be trusted lar )?
Old 14-07-2015, 09:31 AM   #1136
Supremacy Member

I've been with them for the 3rd year and recently renewed for 2 more years during the Black Friday deal last year.

So far no complain with their SG servers and connection also quite fast. Not sure what speed you're getting (they have 6 SG servers now, including 1 for torrenting). SG via Korea (Gamers) was down so can't test.

SG 1

SG 2 (can use for bit torrent)

SG 3

SG 4

SG via NZ (Gamers)
My experience of slower SG servers comes from downloading from file hosters like rapidgator, uploaded.to etc. The speed now is like half of what it used to be at the beginning of the year, esp during sg peak hours at night. It could be the a particular hoster's problem, but I'm sort of getting the same slow down across different hosters.
Asakura likes this.
hnzfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2015, 12:16 PM   #1137

Personal Internet Access (PIA) US$40/- a year.
Old 14-07-2015, 04:33 PM   #1138
Master Member

Planing to get one dedicated server from leaseweb now and use it as a VPN and torrent box
kira86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2015, 06:18 PM   #1139

Planing to get one dedicated server from leaseweb now and use it as a VPN and torrent box
Leaseweb is a great company with excellent connectivity, I have been using their dedicated servers for 10 years but not for VPN.
stiwipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2015, 03:57 PM   #1140
Supremacy Member

Bro, speedtest has nothing to do with real-world performance. As far as I am concerned, performance to sites like Netflix, BBC, premium download sites and torrents all don't justify the price we're paying now. Its less than half the speed now than when it was at its peak.

Having the best speedtest and the most locations doesn't mean a thing when downloading speeds are so bad now.
negativzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.