HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Like Tree579Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2015, 02:18 PM   #1276

Thanks. You have no issues view China Programmes?
Now considering to signup with astrill.

Btw, does it make sense to run stealthVPN without RouetPro VPN? Asking cause I not sure after reading at astrill website.
Initially I can't when I was using OpenVPN or OpenWeb then I read it somewhere in this thread that I need to use StealthVPN in order to stream contents from China and it works.

StealthVPN only works with PC/Mac/Linux, can't use it on mobile devices as the mobile app doesn't have StealthVPN or OpenVPN.

Try signing up for 7-day free trial first. Usually free trial don't have StealthVPN but no harm online chat with them and see if they can let you try the StealthVPN for a few days.

You don't need RouterPro to run StealthVPN.

RouterPro is an Astrill applet that you can install on certain router with customised firmware, e.g. ASUS with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware or router with DD-WRT firmware.

I installed the RouterPro on my ASUS AC87U router and was able to stream Netflix on my Apple TV in full HD.

Last edited by oric1; 27-11-2015 at 02:23 PM..
oric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 03:25 PM   #1277

LIFETIME??? And still have discount code?

I never believe in such thing... Anyway, its just my opinion...
I tried subscribing to them and it works so far. After purchasing from the MakeUseOfdeals website, I was given a code to key into Getflix and purevpn website.
schlep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 04:02 PM   #1278

They seem to have increased the price for 2 year plan? US$149.99 was the price for 2 year plan last month (even US$125.99 as stated here), now they increased it to US$169.99 ahead of Black Friday...

Some users here paid US$89 & US$99 for 2 year plan, which were fantastic deals I think. Let's see what they will come up with.
It's a shame for Astrill to behave this way. I mean they are worth to pay but rising prices just before Black Friday, then decreasing it to the same level as before and calling it a deal is a joke.
stiwipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 05:01 PM   #1279
Master Member

HUGE SECURITY FLAW CAN EXPOSE VPN USERSí REAL IP-ADRESSES

HUGE SECURITY FLAW CAN EXPOSE VPN USERSí REAL IP-ADRESSES
Soccer Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 05:20 PM   #1280
Master Member

The 100% SECURE method will be dun do any illegal things...
PA3131T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 05:27 PM   #1281
Arch-Supremacy Member

I tried subscribing to them and it works so far. After purchasing from the MakeUseOfdeals website, I was given a code to key into Getflix and purevpn website.
for 5 year leh , it is worthwhile . But how is the performance of pure vpn ? I know Astrill have been going down hill.
chercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 06:07 PM   #1282

What about those with private VPN IP, not shared (public)? This article is not clear about it, because it takes for granted that everyone is using shared / public IPs and servers.
Old 27-11-2015, 06:13 PM   #1283
Master Member

What about those with private VPN IP, not shared (public)? This article is not clear about it, because it takes for granted that everyone is using shared / public IPs and servers.
Ya, not so clear. Maybe tomorrow I run a check with Astrill.
Soccer Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 06:47 PM   #1284

Ya, not so clear. Maybe tomorrow I run a check with Astrill.
and update here
oric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 06:51 PM   #1285
nez
Supremacy Member

Initially I can't when I was using OpenVPN or OpenWeb then I read it somewhere in this thread that I need to use StealthVPN in order to stream contents from China and it works.

StealthVPN only works with PC/Mac/Linux, can't use it on mobile devices as the mobile app doesn't have StealthVPN or OpenVPN.

Try signing up for 7-day free trial first. Usually free trial don't have StealthVPN but no harm online chat with them and see if they can let you try the StealthVPN for a few days.

You don't need RouterPro to run StealthVPN.

RouterPro is an Astrill applet that you can install on certain router with customised firmware, e.g. ASUS with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware or router with DD-WRT firmware.

I installed the RouterPro on my ASUS AC87U router and was able to stream Netflix on my Apple TV in full HD.
Thanks for the explanation. But what is the feature or function for the RouterPro?
nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 08:21 PM   #1286

Thanks for the explanation. But what is the feature or function for the RouterPro?
@oric1 has confused it all. Astrill applet is free to use, you can install it on any supported firmware which is Merlin, DD-WRT and Tomato. You don't need to buy RouterPRO to use Astrill applet and its features. However you will use a standard OpenVPN protocol on the Astrill's applet, which is less efficient and slower. RouterPRO is optimized version of OpenVPN, which is faster. How faster? Well in my experience even 2-4 times, it depends. I was getting fantastic speeds via router's applet back in 2013 in Singapore (on Asus RT-AC56U)

oric1 and Soccer Ball like this.
Old 27-11-2015, 08:51 PM   #1287

am currently with ASTRILL and v happy with the performance so far. But then i Saw the lifetime deal with pureVPN. worth the switch? any bro try both before?
trepies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 09:00 PM   #1288
Arch-Supremacy Member

am currently with ASTRILL and v happy with the performance so far. But then i Saw the lifetime deal with pureVPN. worth the switch? any bro try both before?
it is not life time . it is for 5 years
Old 27-11-2015, 09:11 PM   #1289

it is not life time . it is for 5 years
arh. the small print. i knew it cant be such a good deal. thanks for pointing it out =)
trepies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 09:22 PM   #1290
Arch-Supremacy Member

arh. the small print. i knew it cant be such a good deal. thanks for pointing it out =)
But nevertheless it is a great deal but need to know the performance first . hope it is not like Astrill

any one can share please ?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.