HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Broadband package

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2018, 06:19 PM   #16
Master Member

No promotions on cable broadband during the IT show....only one flyer by starhub...on google wifi
ChinTuaKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 06:19 PM   #17

getting fibre is very painful for me...cos of false ceiling and current home layout...the trunking cannot reach where my tv is...the only feasible solution is to terminate the point near the main door and then use google wifi/mesh and/or via those electric plugs aka powerline networking....tats why want to delay the pain as long as possible....

cable broadband will be perfect...cos instant plug and play for me..
Same situation as me, that's why using cable instead. No issue.
isadavmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 06:20 PM   #18
Master Member

I use the same device to test at both location, her place was setup by Starhub people, using the supplied linksys router.

Can never get anything beyond 150mbps (I can get the full 200mbps on cable) even though it's suppose to be 1GHz. Router and device distance was less than 2 meters with no obstruction. Even when I connect it using CAT6 LAN cable to a "gigabit port" enabled laptop to the router can only get max 150Mbps!
Possible router issue.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 06:25 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

I use the same device to test at both location, her place was setup by Starhub people, using the supplied linksys router.

Can never get anything beyond 150mbps (I can get the full 200mbps on cable) even though it's suppose to be 1GHz. Router and device distance was less than 2 meters with no obstruction. Even when I connect it using CAT6 LAN cable to a "gigabit port" enabled laptop to the router can only get max 150Mbps!
Maybe u might want to tell us for the 150mbps is it on wifi or cable? Next is that , have u tried to restart the ONT and see? Last but not least, that 1Ghz?? Is that the speed or signal?
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 06:30 PM   #20
Master Member

Maybe u might want to tell us for the 150mbps is it on wifi or cable? Next is that , have u tried to restart the ONT and see? Last but not least, that 1Ghz?? Is that the speed or signal?
Even on wifi it is still no good.
There do have complaints on this router Linksys EA7500 v2.
As that complainer when switch to another router the speed is way better.
ISP do not troubleshoot router problem.
Old 13-03-2018, 09:36 PM   #21
Master Member

Yah... beside there are plenty of resale routers selling cheap as brand new.
hi eric....from where?

Thanks.
ChinTuaKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 12:58 AM   #22

If you're not heavy user why don't u coinsider M1 Fibre 300Mbps @ $29/mth. Read that Starhub will end cable broadband in 2020 (Singtel already ending ADSL bb in this coming April). If u take up starhub cable now, in the end u still have to move to fibre.
Not to worry about that as I plan to use for 1 year based on the contract stipulated. If later need to switch then let's just see.
tsunamiboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 01:45 AM   #23
Master Member

hi eric....from where?

Thanks.
Well you can find it in here hwz Marketplace main forum and also Carousell.

There are plenty of routers on sale at discount as most sellers already owned routers where recontract &or sign-up do include free routers for 1Gbps fibre broadband plans.
Old 14-03-2018, 09:16 AM   #24
Arch-Supremacy Member

Possible router issue.
Yes it is router wifi not so good la however no impact on user as the different is not much. Actually most user will use less than 100 Mbps as all websites will control your DL and UL speed. It will also control the internet traffic on its site just like a traffic light. No worry, no impact at all.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.