HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Business Broadband Advice

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2016, 05:43 PM   #16
Master Member

Just to share, dug up thread.

the current organization that I work with, we could not use fax on digital line, so we had one of our colleagues to bring the fax machine and use it on his spare phone line for a few months.

Fax can't be done on digital line.

As for Nets, we switched to wireless NETS (just need WIFI access)... costs a bit more as compared to wired NETs terminal.

Member No. 65 of the EDMW NMNHNLM Club
LiteMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 08:10 PM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just to share, dug up thread.

the current organization that I work with, we could not use fax on digital line, so we had one of our colleagues to bring the fax machine and use it on his spare phone line for a few months.

Fax can't be done on digital line.

As for Nets, we switched to wireless NETS (just need WIFI access)... costs a bit more as compared to wired NETs terminal.
may I know is that Singtel or M1 biz services?
ST did specifically told me theirs can't, and proposed another digital line type, called i-PhoneNet.

Tried on my home m1 free DV on fibre, can fax and dial visa/nets. M1 told be biz dv is same as home dv, but can't arrange a familiar customer place for me, to test my visa machine for certainty.

You may wanna explore M1 mPOS, no setup fee, considered $5 rental fee, 2.9% transaction rate (quite like NETS), but with $5k p.m. payout limits only. Maybank and CIMB do direct with a $300-$500 setup fee and only 2% MDR.

Last edited by touchme; 23-12-2016 at 09:33 AM..
touchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:01 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, touchme

Happy New Year 2017!

In my new office, we were on the landlord's digital phone line system but pardon me as I could not find out whom their ISP is.

We were already using NETS for a long time, so anyway we contacted NETS HQ and they gave us a wireless unit for us to use in the new office, although we had to pay slightly higher monthly fee ($12) for this.

I noticed that it is on SingNet 3G.

How much did you have to pay for your M1 mpos?

Further to your non-working Nets on business voice, may I know is that Singtel or M1 biz services?

ST did specifically told me theirs can't, and proposed another digital line type, called i-PhoneNet.

I tried on my home m1 fibre, can fax and dial visa/nets. M1 told be biz dv is same as home dv, but can't arrange a familiar customer place for me, to test and confirm my visa machine for certainty.

You may like to explore m1 mpos, no setup fee, considered $5 rental fee, 2.9% transaction rate (quite like NETS), but with $5k p.m. payout limits only Maybank and CIMB do direct, but with a $300-$500 setup fee, and only 2% MDR.
more impt is the MDR.
What;s your NETS commission and projected NETs sales?

M1 mPOS is only $5.35/month (2-yr contract) using existing postpaid M1 mobile lines. 2.9% MDR but max $5k p/m payout, subject to review.

What I like is the payment acknowledgement SMSes and digital receipts sent to clients and logged in the mPOS phone, and all transaction logged in your wirecard account. No more messing with NETs paper rolls, and statements.

Last edited by touchme; 05-01-2017 at 08:09 PM..
Old 23-08-2017, 08:23 PM   #19

Hi touchme and the other posters,

This thread has been very useful to aspiring business owners. I'm also appalled by the differences in prices for business plans.

Any updates so far about the business broadband plans? Checked out Singtel as well and its $99 a month which can be steep for an SME.
Old 25-08-2017, 12:16 AM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi touchme and the other posters,

This thread has been very useful to aspiring business owners. I'm also appalled by the differences in prices for business plans.

Any updates so far about the business broadband plans? Checked out Singtel as well and its $99 a month which can be steep for an SME.
sorry since last discussed, I decided to do without fixed lines/ccard machine/fixed biz broadband. We are a 2-men shop with high-value, low transactions count. Biz is slow and volatile, so do not wanna commit on a $100+/mth broadband/lines, with 100% penalty.

Fixed Line: old lines are at my old location, (cos need to pay $50 relocation fee/line + $8/mth/line for number retention due to different area code, sure creative chops), hopefully untapped. All calls are diverted to our mobiles, which manage shared contacts better than on corded. We are not prolific biz callers, 1 outgoing for 10x incoming calls/enquires.

Ccard machines: We terminate our clumsy/bulky landings and consumables-dependant card machine and rely only on 2x mPOS, $5 each/month, with cash/cheques for corporate arrangements. Funny that customers are quite impressed, seeing a ccard reader in mobile/sign-on-phone, e-slip to email, and no miserable carbon slips for both parties.

Internet: we hotspot our combined 10Gb mobile phone's data plans to shop router, which serves internet to the few computers on LAN. Sufficient for our 20 days work month.
(Note: need to regedit to disable Win10's heavy internet background services.)

In short,, we are happy with our near*- zero $ commitment for our small biz, and I'm afraid I've nothing to share on business bb now.

Last edited by touchme; 26-08-2017 at 12:41 AM..
Old 03-01-2018, 07:33 AM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am using WhizComms and I feel their network is speedy and very reliable! I can stream my drama smoothly

Most importantly, they are super super affordable!!!!
what's super ² affordable like? state fees and rate.
Old 19-01-2018, 01:41 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

You should check with your building management right? We wouldn’t know what agreement is between your lease and the management..

am looking for internet plan for my company in a serviced office where WiFi is provided but director wants to have a private network with fixed IP. only have experience dealing with residential plans. do I need to involve or inform the building manager?
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:42 PM   #23

sorry since last discussed, I decided to do without fixed lines/ccard machine/fixed biz broadband. We are a 2-men shop with high-value, low transactions count. Biz is slow and volatile, so do not wanna commit on a $100+/mth broadband/lines, with 100% penalty.

Fixed Line: old lines are at my old location, (cos need to pay $50 relocation fee/line + $8/mth/line for number retention due to different area code, sure creative chops), hopefully untapped. All calls are diverted to our mobiles, which manage shared contacts better than on corded. We are not prolific biz callers, 1 outgoing for 10x incoming calls/enquires.

Ccard machines: We terminate our clumsy/bulky landings and consumables-dependant card machine and rely only on 2x mPOS, $5 each/month, with cash/cheques for corporate arrangements. Funny that customers are quite impressed, seeing a ccard reader in mobile/sign-on-phone, e-slip to email, and no miserable carbon slips for both parties.

Internet: we hotspot our combined 10Gb mobile phone's data plans to shop router, which serves internet to the few computers on LAN. Sufficient for our 20 days work month.
(Note: need to regedit to disable Win10's heavy internet background services.)

In short,, we are happy with our near*- zero $ commitment for our small biz, and I'm afraid I've nothing to share on business bb now.
bro , care to share how you hotspot your mobile broadband to router ?
minute_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.