Correct configuration of AC1200G+ ?

xxSaDanxx

Reaction score
Riding on this thread since it’s the same router.

I just sign up m1 300mpbs and got the ASUS AC1200G+. I did a speed test using WiFi on my laptop.
- 2.4ghz : DL speed ~35mpbs
- 5ghz : DL speed ~29mpbs

I’m wondering why the download speed for 5G is slower than 2.4G? My laptop was placed at the same location while doing the test. I just switched between the 2 connections. I did a few times and the results are the same.

I set the following:
40hz and channel 7 for my 2.4ghz
80 hz and channel 153 for my 5ghz

The upload speed for 5ghz is higher than 2.4ghz, the the download speed is slower. How do I retify it?

Also, there is a newer software to update. Is it recommended to update it? I read in another thread the new software that it’s not that good.

Thanks all and looking forward for your advice.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Riding on this thread since it’s the same router.

I just sign up m1 300mpbs and got the ASUS AC1200G+. I did a speed test using WiFi on my laptop.
- 2.4ghz : DL speed ~35mpbs
- 5ghz : DL speed ~29mpbs

I’m wondering why the download speed for 5G is slower than 2.4G? My laptop was placed at the same location while doing the test. I just switched between the 2 connections. I did a few times and the results are the same.

I set the following:
40hz and channel 7 for my 2.4ghz
80 hz and channel 153 for my 5ghz

The upload speed for 5ghz is higher than 2.4ghz, the the download speed is slower. How do I retify it?

Also, there is a newer software to update. Is it recommended to update it? I read in another thread the new software that it’s not that good.

Thanks all and looking forward for your advice.

If you are on the out of box firmware, please do the update.

coolperson

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack your thread , hmmmm i;m getting these on a M1 1g plan.

Are you guys also getting something similiar?

2.4 Ghz D/l 44 mpbs , U/l 20mpbs
5 Ghz D/l 303mpbs , U/l 123 mpbs

Test were done at 1am ,seated in line of sight in a hdb flat in front of the router using speedtest.net on m1 server

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Test were done at 1am ,seated in line of sight in a hdb flat in front of the router using speedtest.net on m1 server

Test device WiFi specification ?

RLWZ21

Reaction score

still looks good to me....so u expecting to be getting more than what u paid for?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.