Couldn't get my Dlink IP camera to connect wirelessly.

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last week, brought my first IP camera, a Dlink DSC-930l, to try out. But had tried a few days unable to connect it wirelessly with my2Wire 2701HGV-E modem/router.

Had tried going thru the installation process many times with 3 different computers with Windows XP and Windows 8 OS without success. So right now it is connected to the router via Ethernet cable, which does work but greatly restricting me on where to place the camera.

Does anyone have any insights on what could be wrong? I have even added its Mac ID to the allowed Mac ID list on the 2Wire but it did not seems to work. Thanks.

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
I presume you have done the necessary set-up for wireless on the camera side, including channel, encryption (WPA/WPA2) etc.? Perhaps you can show the wireless screen set-up on the Dlink.

zitseng

Reaction score
Barring a faulty device, I'd think it has to be some sort of a configuration error. The wireless settings are not right, perhaps. I have the DCS-930L (posted a review recently too) and setup was quite painless.

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I presume you have done the necessary set-up for wireless on the camera side, including channel, encryption (WPA/WPA2) etc.? Perhaps you can show the wireless screen set-up on the Dlink.

Will try the installation process over the weekend and try to get some screenshots. Thanks.:)

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Barring a faulty device, I'd think it has to be some sort of a configuration error. The wireless settings are not right, perhaps. I have the DCS-930L (posted a review recently too) and setup was quite painless.

I hope it is not a fautly device...jin sian. :( thinking if I need to get a Dlink modem/router which has their WPS function. But got few devices linked to my current modem/router...sian to reconfigure them all also. :( :( :(

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.