HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Data plan with Dongle or pure broadband signup?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2019, 01:03 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

Data plan with Dongle or pure broadband signup?

Hi my colleague is planning to rent out her flat however she does not have any broadband at home so i am checking if it is better to

1. buy a dongle with mobile data plan and pass it to the person and use when he or she requires internet or

2. Simply just subscribe to a 1gb monthly broadband plan?

What are the difference or pro and cons for each ?
Matrock5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 07:25 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi my colleague is planning to rent out her flat however she does not have any broadband at home so i am checking if it is better to

1. buy a dongle with mobile data plan and pass it to the person and use when he or she requires internet or

Why not let the tenant just subscribe whatever broadband plan he or she likes?
Bumiputera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 08:26 AM   #3
Supremacy Member

For 1), if the tenant take the dongle and run or misplace it, will incur any extra cost for your friend?

Sent from A universe Where pink PWNED everything using GAGT
Trans-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 10:40 AM   #4

Personally, i think if your colleague is planning to rent out the flat and intending to include broadband to make the place more attractive, go with the cheapest subscription plan, with the lowest level router. Maybe even pass her your 2009 linksys or dlink 802.11a/b/g router.

As far as tenancy contract goes, it just needs "to be there". it doesnt have to be fast - speed/quality is not covered by the tenancy agreement.

Buying a dongle with mobile data plan is just asking for trouble - especially if the user is not the subscriber. Stay away from this option.
winnoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 11:45 AM   #5

Just subscribe the Cheapest Fiber plan Available.
M1 500mbps is just @29 per mth.

I'm using that for a household of 6 Person, with my 2 son a desktop each, both always Youtube in the background(Just want to listen sound) and online gaming same time, wife and 2 tenant watch youtube movies all the time and me netflix without any problem and lag.
feintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 09:56 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

I suggest just sign up a cheap fiber plan and let them use.. If you sign up data plan and if they blow the bundle data, your friend will have to pay extra.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.