ethernet gigabit problem.

sqhaowei

Reaction score
Hi guys! I have a problem with a new computer i just bought. Its motherbaord is Asus H97 plus.
So here's the problem:
After i turned on my computer, i went to test out my internet speed. (i have a 200mbps plan with singtel) when i test it out, i found out its only 10mbps dl speed. So i went to configure my ethernet adapter settings. I switch over from auto nego to 1gb full duplex. But again, i got 10mbps for download speed. The same thing happen when i try with 100mbps full duplex. Only the 100mbps half duplex gave me an acceptable 50mbps dl speed but this is still way slower than that of my previous desktop which gives 100mbps(because the network card doesnt support gigabit) anyone can give advice on why i cant seem to achieve better result from 1gb and 100mb full duplex?
Really need help. Very disapppinted right now...

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check the following:
1. router LAN is gigabit?
2. LAN cable Cat.6?

RSKeisuke

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check if you have the latest ethernet adapter driver installed. I have the same problem previously. After i installed the latest driver installed, problem solved.

Zoysia

Banned
Reaction score
I suspect you are not using the correct method
Try a speedtest using direct cable connection to the modem and not the router

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.