Extremely slow internet download speed on windows 10 64-bit, but connection is good

DaRkLy

Reaction score
I don't know if this has anything to do with me disabling some services (me being a complete amateur trying to "optimize" windows 10 based off advice given by various tech sites) or updating windows two days ago but I can no longer download files off the internet as quickly compared to last time (currently it also drops to 0 b/s sometimes, which then leads to a network error). Using an ethernet cable for wifi connection, and there's no issues with me surfing the net (speed as usual) it's just the downloads. I've cleared my browser caches, done sfc scans, resetting network, disabled delivery optimization, almost everything but nothing seems to be working.

Some services I disabled that I didn't know much about were:

-Certificate Propagation (Originally already disabled)

-Connected User Experiences and Telemetry

-Diagnostic Policy Service

-Distributed Link Tracking Client

-All services related to Hyper-V

-Intel RST HFC Disable Service (Also originally disabled)

-Microsoft iSCS Initiator Service (Originally disabled)

-Microsoft windows SMS Router Service

-OpenSSH Authentication Agent (Originally disabled)

-Payments and NFC/SE Manager

-Program Compatibility Assistant Service

-Remote Registry

-Retail Demo Service

-Routing and Remote Access (Originally disabled)

-Secondary Logon (originally disabled)

-All 3 sensor services

-Shared PC account manager (originally disabled)

-TCP/IP Netbios helper

-Touch keyboard and handwriting services

-Windows error reporting service

-Windows image acquisition

-Windows search

-windows time

-xbox services

Really in a stump right now. Anyone has any idea what's causing this? I really don't want to resort to having to reset my PC.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.