HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Fibre not linked up

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2018, 12:16 PM   #1
Master Member

Fibre not linked up

I just got my flat and realised the fibre might not be setup yet since previous owner never arrange opennet the connect it.

Must I pay opennet to do it now or they can still do it for free now or i can subscribe to m1 to get them to do it for free?

Anyone can advise?
lousydrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:08 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is the termination point there ? If no, depending on the Telco, they might waive the installation charges.

If tp is already installed, standard activation fee applies.
xonix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:48 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

I just got my flat and realised the fibre might not be setup yet since previous owner never arrange opennet the connect it.

Must I pay opennet to do it now or they can still do it for free now or i can subscribe to m1 to get them to do it for free?

Anyone can advise?
For new fibre subscribers, some plans will provide free installation of NLT TP.

However, if you gonna relocate your fibre service to your new home and you don't have the NLT TP installed, then you need to pay yourself to install..
Old 03-05-2018, 03:14 PM   #4

Had the same issue in my previous tenancy, there are always at least one telco offering free TP installation. I notice it rotates within the telcos.
However, as what renfred mentioned, if relocating existing subscription then you will need to pay for installation.
alvinym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:03 PM   #5
Master Member

Anyone can advise?
Do check online > COVERAGE CHECK to confirm on your premise status.

Should you have any queries, do email NetLink Trust on your issue and they will reply promptly.
The point is to confirm the Fibre network is done at your location and that the original owner have not done the FTP installation.
For this you may able to get free FTP installation, so do ask more in detail.
That is to find out more direct from NLT instead, as usually ISP may also refer to NLT on this matter.

Usually when sign-up to 1Gbps plan it do include free FTP installation if it is already include in NLT coverage.
They should if not say you go another ISP.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:44 PM   #6
Master Member

Is the termination point there ? If no, depending on the Telco, they might waive the installation charges.

If tp is already installed, standard activation fee applies.
TP not there

Checked with m1, they actually offers free installation n can extend the fibre cable up to 15 m for free
lousydrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.